very sore boobs

hey everyone

i was just wandering if anyone could help me with some advice.

for the last maybe 4 to 8 weeks on and off ive been getting very sore and tender boobs manly the nipples and the area around them and i have not got a clue why, i dont have periods anymore due to the pill i take which ive now been on for nearly 2 years. so its not due to it being the time of the month as ive not had this the whole time ive been taking the pill. i am now wearing the right size bra's but the pain isnt the same as if its to do with wrong size bra its more soreness and tenderness really sometime just the slightest touch can really hurt.

ive got an appointetmeant with my docotor on monday to do with another problem do you think it be a good idea to bring this up when im there?

the other problem im going about is really bad heartburn and feeling sick along with like an acid feeling while feeling sick, could they be related to the sore boobs? its all been going on for the last 4 to 8 weeks.

anyone have any ideas or advice for me?

Dxx

Don't want to scare you but is there any chance you could be pregnant - sore boobs, feeling sick?? I've never been pregnant so don't know what the sickness is like. Just a thought - and I would defo mention it all to the doctor.

Definately mention it to the doctor, but as HP said, it sounds like you may be pregnant and if you are you need to see the doc sooner rather than later as the pill could harm the baby. It might be something else, maybe your body telling you to change pill oranything like that, just mention it asap sweetie

xxxxxx

It's a possibility Diamonds, the pill doesn't always work, my OH was on the injection and still fell pregnant! That was the first thing she started complaining about but after 3 pregnancy tests, including one at a clinic, they all said negative until she got a clear blue which showed the true answer.

However don't want to scare you, so most likely just a side effect to the pill as the same happened to the OH when she was on the implant. Her breats got very sore and the like but it was just a side effect and they took her off that and onto the injection... so I would just wait to see what the doctor says tbh.

i took a test about 6 weeks ago cos i thought i might have been cos i had been sick, sore boobs ect but it came back negative. ive been on the same pill for 2 years and i always take it... but cos im on the pill me and the bloke dont use condoms but ive never not taken it

even if uve been on the same pill for as along as i have and had no problems ccan u still need to change it then?

ive also been getting very spotty which is not like me at all, i normaly have very good skin, and my hair has been growing really fast and ive been getting a back ach a bit i told all this to my mum and she said i might be preggers but i did the test and it was negative at the same time the last few weeks i have had this thought in my head am i preggers.

Dxx

When I had my daughter, I was on the pill, but I'd been to the doctors about it as I was ill and he said I needed to change my pill as I'd been on it three years(went on pill so young to help my periods) and thats when I found out I was pregnant, tell me something, are you more tired more than usual, you have all the symptoms of been pregnant, and as I say if not then maybe you need a change of pill, do you have a walk in centre or a family planning centre near you?

xxx

Well said Carly!

You rock!

xxx

i have been tired quite a lot, when we was away at the weekend i used to have a nap every afternoon after we'd been out and before we went out again in the afternoon and yesterday i was so tired i had to have a sleep at around 4 and i woke up at 6.

my pills cerazette, you have to take it everyday an the side effect is no periods (which is one i love lol) you have within a 12hr time limit to take it and i always take it as soon as i wake up, done the same thing since ive been takeing it.

about 2 weeks ago i was very sore down there it actually really was painful when we had sex which ive never had before, i mean it never even hurt the first time i had sex, i put it down to that i thought i got some shaving cream stuff inside me or that i had a water infection as ive been going a wee alot and the soreness has gone really now tho i still do seem to be needing a wee more.

im skint at the mo and cant see the doc till monday, no othert appointmeants but i get paid on saturday so i might buy some more test to see. my doctors do family planning so i still have to get an appointmeant and the earlyest probly for a week maybe 2 now so i stick with my docotors appointmeant.

i just cant see that im preggers, id know wouldnt i? maybe its just the pill needs to change or something

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

External Media i took a test about 6 weeks ago cos i thought i might have been cos i had been sick, sore boobs ect but it came back negative. ive been on the same pill for 2 years and i always take it... but cos im on the pill me and the bloke dont use condoms but ive never not taken itExternal Media

even if uve been on the same pill for as along as i have and had no problems ccan u still need to change it then?

ive also been getting very spotty which is not like me at all, i normaly have very good skin, and my hair has been growing really fast and ive been getting a back ach a bit i told all this to my mum and she said i might be preggers but i did the test and it was negative at the same time the last few weeks i have had this thought in my head am i preggers.

External MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal Media

Dxx

Yeah the implant is meant to last 3 years and the OH was in her second year of it and for no reason she started getting sore boobs, swollen boobs, feeling sick and the like and that was just her getting a side effect... so it could possibly just be that but with the pill. However better safe than sorry, but if you're planning on changing from the pill, to implant or injection I would recommend start using a condom now as sperm can stay active inside you for 8 days and if you stop taking pill and then go to the injection there is that gap even if you haven't had unprotected sex in a week. So I would make sure you're having protected sex for at least 2 weeks before you change and then for a further 2 weeks afterwards just to be sure.

Geordie_Paul wrote:

diamonds wrote:

External Media i took a test about 6 weeks ago cos i thought i might have been cos i had been sick, sore boobs ect but it came back negative. ive been on the same pill for 2 years and i always take it... but cos im on the pill me and the bloke dont use condoms but ive never not taken itExternal Media

External MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal MediaExternal Media

Dxx

Yeah the implant is meant to last 3 years and the OH was in her second year of it and for no reason she started getting sore boobs, swollen boobs, feeling sick and the like and that was just her getting a side effect... so it could possibly just be that but with the pill. However better safe than sorry, but if you're planning on changing from the pill, to implant or injection I would recommend start using a condom now as sperm can stay active inside you for 8 days and if you stop taking pill and then go to the injection there is that gap even if you haven't had unprotected sex in a week. So I would make sure you're having protected sex for at least 2 weeks before you change and then for a further 2 weeks afterwards just to be sure.

i cant have the injection for medical reasons apperantly and im not to sure if it be the same for the implant but thanks for that advice, ive never thought bout changing my pill to be honest as till now ive been fine with the one im takeing.

i guess i will find out wots going on, on monday :|

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

Geordie_Paul wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Dxx

i cant have the injection for medical reasons apperantly and im not to sure if it be the same for the implant but thanks for that advice, ive never thought bout changing my pill to be honest as till now ive been fine with the one im takeing.

i guess i will find out wots going on, on monday :|

Dxx

Don't worry, it's probably something as simple as that so don't get yourself all stressed. We've had a few scares due to similar things in the past... one of them producing the most amazing little baby girl I now have though :)

Hope all goes well!!

Hey hun,

I really wouldn't worry at this stage, you might just end up working yourself up into a tiz over nothing! You have clear symptoms and seem very informed on your pill choice etc so you are fully armed with information when you seek advice about this!

Where abouts are you from? There are lots of drop in centres all over the country and sexual health clinics will conduct a pregnancy test for you if you're desperate to find out, I don't believe theres a charge and it could set your mind at rest.

I've been told that you can't get a false positive on a test....i.e if it says negative, you still might be pregnant, but if it comes positive, then theres really no doubt.

How about you call NHS direct? 0845 4647 http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ If you tell them your symptoms, they might have other suggestions as to the cause.

Just remember, everything happens for a reason!!

xx

im from london, but i think im just gonna wait till i see the doc on monday and maybe do a test when i get payed. to be honest i think (and hopeing) it might just be that my pill needs to change.

thanks for all advice

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

i have been tired quite a lot,

my pills cerazette,

about 2 weeks ago i was very sore down there it actually really was painful when we had sex

i'm on cerazette too, and after ive been on antibiotics it makes me feel washed out and ill

the leaflet says "other common side efects are acne, breast pain, mood changes, nausea, decreased libido and weight increase"

apparently its also normal to have irregular bleeding or spotting ( i hate it, as i get that ery day)

still talk to your doctor about it as he may be able to help

hey SL see i have maybe 4 of them side effects above but as ive been on cerazette for like 2 years i would have thought thoes side effects would have shown up when i first started takeing them but then as its a hormanl drug... anyway docotors monday so she should be able to tell me wots going on.

sorry to hear u get the bleeding side effect im the oppersite and dont bleed at all.

Dxx

could it be that youre noticing the symtoms more because of tiredness/ stress?

i know with me it gets worse when i'm worried or have had a busy week

luckily the bleeding dosent stop the contraceptive effect (apparently)

dont think so SL to be honest ive had much more stress and tiredness and unhappyness in the past (and i mean really bad times like a year and more ago) things seem ok to me right now, im not stressed, im happy and in love with my man :D and its been going on for the past 4 -8 weeks and i really cant think of anythig that might have happend

Dxx

Fingers crossed for you hun, let us know how you get on, I hope everything works out the way you want it to

xx

I hope u get the result u want i was onthe injection and got preg i had been on it over 18 mnths so there def is a possibilty particularly if around the time you were on antibiotics xxx

Hey at least you have an appointment when you can rais eit with the doc. I'm also on cerazette and recently found that I was getting side effects coz I had a stomach bug and it had lost efefctiveness. Anything like that happened to you? Just check it out with the doc and don't worry until then.