Penetrative orgasm?

Is it really that much harder for women to orgasm through penetrative sex or is it one of those 'it depends' things?

I'm just curious, as I have never had an orgasm this way, although all my previous partners have been unfortunately very selfish in that respect and only cared about their orgasm :-/

I also haven't been able to have 'proper' sex for a number of years now due to a severe injury, so haven't had chance to sort of test whether I can do it and have just always had crappy partners, or whether I just can't do it at all.

Anyone here who just cannot orgasm through penetrative sex?
Also, for those who can, are those orgasms different to clitoral/any other orgasm?

Well,my orgasms during sex include clitoral and vaginal stimulation.I am usually sorta rubbing against my partner while he's inside of me in the cowgirl position.I've had orgasms in other positions,too,but this is the easiest for me.I need clitoral stimulation to come.Orgasms are a little bit different,since you are full inside and you have something to clench with your muscles.Can't say if it's better then just clitoral stimulation,but it is different and very very good.

I can have orgasms during sex when I'm on top cos I can grind on him and sometimes in missionary depending on how the guy is thrusting/grinding. Other positions need clit stimulation. I can have g-spot and a-spot orgasms but never have while having sex.

It's not different to a clit orgasm cos that is what it is, it just feels very nice compared to a clit orgasm without any penetration. But for me a clit orgasm is great both with and without penetration.

I have once squirted through penetrative sex but that was pretty rough sex, yet I haven't been able to orgasm. Though I do believe I have read that cumming and orgasmin are completely different things and therefore you can do one without the other.

I have g-spot and clitoral orgasmed through sex toys and from my experience clitoral is wayyyy better!! G-spot doesn't feel like much of anything unless you actually cum because then you feel release.... thats my experience anyway :) Xx

I can definitely orgasm through penetrative sex.

I'd been with my partner for round about a year and had only had clitoral orgasms when I took it upon myself to have a go at finding my G-spot. Before I was never massively into being penetrated with anything, I'd never finger myself as it just didn't feel like much and while I enjoyed sex and it felt kind of nice, it just wasn't amazing.

Anyway, like I said one day I just went exploring inside with my fingers and once I figured out where I was going it just sort of 'activated' something and I came. With a bit of practice and working out which muscles to engage and clench I could eventually get there using toys and then during sex too.

These days (5 years on) it's very unusual for me not to orgasm from sex at least once, I usually lose count though. The sensation is kind of 'deeper' than that of a clitoral orgasm, it's hard to explain but you definitely know when it happens! I couldn't say if it's better or not as good as a clitgasm, they're just different.

I haven't orgasmed for penetrative sex although I do think I could get there but we struggled getting me to orgasm for clitoril stimulation and it still takes a while, just keep exploring I guess

Spoonerism wrote:

I'd been with my partner for round about a year and had only had clitoral orgasms when I took it upon myself to have a go at finding my G-spot. Before I was never massively into being penetrated with anything, I'd never finger myself as it just didn't feel like much and while I enjoyed sex and it felt kind of nice, it just wasn't amazing.

Anyway, like I said one day I just went exploring inside with my fingers and once I figured out where I was going it just sort of 'activated' something and I came. With a bit of practice and working out which muscles to engage and clench I could eventually get there using toys and then during sex too.

These days (5 years on) it's very unusual for me not to orgasm from sex at least once, I usually lose count though. The sensation is kind of 'deeper' than that of a clitoral orgasm, it's hard to explain but you definitely know when it happens! I couldn't say if it's better or not as good as a clitgasm, they're just different.

This is what I was like also, I had never really enjoyed penetration as much as clitoral stimulation, I think because I didn't really get much from it. Unfortunately I am still yet to find my g spot (I'm convinced I don't have one! Haha) I have a couple of g spot vibes though so I've not given up hope just yet! I think that if I can eventually find my g spot, I might enjoy penetration more.

Spoonerism wrote:

clitgasm

This is my new favourite word!

I am pretty sure I have never orgasmed from penetration alone, but when I couple light penetration with clitoral stimulation the orgasms, are amazing and come on me in a sudden rush with no warning.

BB, there are some really good toys out there, highly recommended by reviewers such as myself, that you can almost guarantee will hit the spot. The two legends in particular are this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27171 (unfortunately discontinued on Lovehoney atm which is a shame, I ADORE mine) and this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9030

The Pure Wand is pricey (I'm trying to convince my OH that I need it for Christmas!) but really highly recommended by many bloggers I trust. Might be worth a shot?

To be fair, I don't mind that I can't orgasm for penetration, I'd still choose sex over oral anyday, sometimes after sex I'm so battered and exhausted I don't want OH to go down and make me cum.

He's incredible with both, sex is incredible and oral is incredible but I don't want oral withough sex, it's not about the orgasm for me, it's about the connection and the breathlessness, deep passionate kisses and gasping when he first enters or changes position or speed.

I had accepted that I'd never cum at all and just enjoyed sex, I found oral uncomfortable until I met OH who made me cum with ease.

straight penetration orgasms are really difficult just because there aren't as many nerve endings in the vagina i've never fully managed one i can almost get there and it's very pleasureable in a different way to a clitoral orgasm so i'm not complaining

Spoonerism wrote:

BB, there are some really good toys out there, highly recommended by reviewers such as myself, that you can almost guarantee will hit the spot. The two legends in particular are this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27171 (unfortunately discontinued on Lovehoney atm which is a shame, I ADORE mine) and this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9030

The Pure Wand is pricey (I'm trying to convince my OH that I need it for Christmas!) but really highly recommended by many bloggers I trust. Might be worth a shot?

Thanks for that, I'll have a look! At the moment I've got the g wizz vibe, and the cupid's g spot vibe (this came with the summer grab bundle but haven't had chance to use it yet as it's verrry loud and there's always someone in at home :-/ )

There are different types of orgasm too... The earth shattering body consuming orgasms I have come from clitoral stimulation, but I have smaller orgasms through penetration but I find them much much harder to achieve. For me it's my clit. That's where I will hit the spot...

I can orgasm from penetration but it has to be kind of 'earned' - just in-out in-out isn't going to do it for me at all, but I know what DOES do it for me, and it feels amazing. Internal orgasms definitely feel different from clitoral orgasms for me, but in a way I can't really explain, they kind of...radiate? differently.

But, yeah, seconding Spoonerism - I highly highly highly recommend getting either a Pure Wand or a Jopen Comet Wand if you're having issues with finding your g-spot/internal stimulation feeling good (although now I have a Pure Wand my Comet is woefully underused :(). The Lelo Ella is meant to be really good too - it has the shape of the Lelo Gigi but costs much less, has two ends and is made of solid silicone all the way through. And if they don't work out, you can just utilise Lovehoney's returns policy!

I have had orgasms while using a dildo that came about because I was grinding on the balls, but the sensation felt a lot 'warmer' I guess than just using a bullet on my clit. Can any ladies confirm whether this is due to there being penetration and clitoral stimulation together?

mnms, it might be! My orgasms are nearly always better when I'm using something internally too, regardless if it's hitting my g-spot or not. Warmer is actually a really good way to describe it, I can't think of another word for it...

Spoonerism wrote:

+1

MRS is the same way; she actually does not enjoy "just" clit stimulation (i.e. she does masterbate if she doesn't have time or opportunity to have toy insertion).

sleepycelia wrote:

mnms, it might be! My orgasms are nearly always better when I'm using something internally too, regardless if it's hitting my g-spot or not. Warmer is actually a really good way to describe it, I can't think of another word for it...

Yeah I just distinctly remember there being a much warmer sensation down there and around my legs that I don't get from clit stimulation alone. We're interesting creatures aren't we! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)