Phobia's

Janny wrote:

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

I have an "irrational fear" of ducks and swans... they creep me out and i generally try to avoid waterways when i can...

Yeah swans (not so much ducks) I'm not too keen on, to be honest, any big bird (oystrich, emu etc) intimidate me, even when behind a fence.

Glad I'm not the only one! I knew i was normal

Spiders, thunder, clowns, ventriloquist dolls (those old ones with the painted faces, creepy).

Admittedly don't have to deal with alot of those on a daily basis

I have two main fears right now, spiders and heights. I almost had overcome them last year, but after being hit with depression, I'm back at square one. It's pretty bad being back at his stage. I've freaked out on stairs, lifts, and hills the last two weeks. But I know uover time it'll get a bit better again and not get in the way of doing things.

My fear for spiders is pretty bad, but I often have a lover on call to get rid of anypests... it's also a nice excusss to see them ^_^ That fear I'm ok with for now due to that, lol...

I hate moths but I like butterflies. I panic when I see a moth in my bedroom. They're too many and are always getting in to the house. Their bodys are too big and they have a freaky look. But butterflies look nice and have colourful wings. their bodys are the right size but their heads are a little wired though with that long thing they uses to eat with (as you may be able to tell I'm not great with butterfly anatomy). There are hardly any butterflies where I live aswell which is sad :(

I also hate moths when I go on Scout camp. They're constantly breaking the mantles of our Tilly lamps, the suicidal bastards.

Red Lightning wrote:

I hate moths but I like butterflies. I panic when I see a moth in my bedroom. They're too many and are always getting in to the house. Their bodys are too big and they have a freaky look. But butterflies look nice and have colourful wings. their bodys are the right size but their heads are a little wired though with that long thing they uses to eat with (as you may be able to tell I'm not great with butterfly anatomy). There are hardly any butterflies where I live aswell which is sad :(

I also hate moths when I go on Scout camp. They're constantly breaking the mantles of our Tilly lamps, the suicidal bastards.

A couple of years back, a butterfly landed on my shoulder. Dont know why, maybe the colour top I had on, but it's the only time ever in my life it has happened. It was a special moment and I think they are beautiful lol

Old - But not THAT old! wrote:

Moths - I hate moths, they send a shiver down my spine when they flap around my head. But butterflies I'm OK with ?? Strange.

Red Lightning wrote:

I hate moths but I like butterflies.

So I'm not that strange after all

Well, not when it comes to moths and butterflies anyway

Janny wrote:

A couple of years back, a butterfly landed on my shoulder. Dont know why, maybe the colour top I had on, but it's the only time ever in my life it has happened. It was a special moment and I think they are beautiful lol

I had one land in my hand once. It was one of those moments that I wish I had a camera

Or maybe were're both strange??

cappy wrote:

earwigs! stupid i know but they make me feel really queasy - how have i worked on it? by avoiding and where unavoidable letting mrs cappy remove offending insect.

other is heights but only from fixed things. being in plane worries me for all sorts of reasons but not from a height issue. however being outside on the top of a building, like the duomo in florence, has a really bad effect on me.

For years i'd wanted to see Neuschwanstein castle. we went and it was amzing however the bridge behind in the valley offers stunning views. it is wooden, it wobbles and is a long way up - i lasted two minutes on it :

EARWIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree with you more on this one!!! I HATE them!!!

Moths - I hate moths, they send a shiver down my spine when they flap around my head. But butterflies I'm OK with ?? Strange.

Red Lightning wrote:

I hate moths but I like butterflies.

I am another one in the moth camp. Although this is the first time I've come across other people with the same view of them.

Butterflies are fine, I can quite happily watch them flit about, but a moth will induce alarm and possibly hyperventilating. I've learned to deal with them (usually with a large amount of fly spray as there is no one to set them free) but I will not sleep if one is around.

I once had to teach a lesson about the 'wonderful' world of moths to a middle school class. That was a very long lesson indeed.

Belly buttons I cant touch or look at other peoples freak out if they touch them in front of me and freak out if anyone touches mine I cant touch mine and have to work myself up to clean it lol

My only fear is to not be able to work and earn money.

....I fear the regular losing lottery ticket that i buy every week......

FoxyStoat wrote:

....I fear the regular losing lottery ticket that i buy every week......

Can't you getover that by playing online...

pleased no one has said clowns. always slightly sceptical of people who say that.

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

Can't you getover that by playing online...

pleased no one has said clowns. always slightly sceptical of people who say that.

Lou22 wrote:

Spiders, thunder, clowns, ventriloquist dolls (those old ones with the painted faces, creepy).

Admittedly don't have to deal with alot of those on a daily basis

And another for clowns here, spiders and mushrooms too

sorry... im tired and did miss that.

People are afraid of the strangest things. It keeps life interesting : )

I'm actually not afraid of anything most people usually are such as insects, heights, sharks...

I'm not even joking but I actually have a fear of making and taking phone calls when I don't know who's on the other side of the line. It just freaks me out not knowing who I'm talking to.

Gem26 wrote:

Belly buttons I cant touch or look at other peoples freak out if they touch them in front of me and freak out if anyone touches mine I cant touch mine and have to work myself up to clean it lol

Oh gem! I'm so glad you posted this. I genuinely thought i was the only one with this fear! I honestly cannot touch my own belly butotn, let alone someone elses.

I also have an irrational fear of spiders, and being "surprised" by a rat when i'm on the toilet. erghhh

Are these phobias though of just fears?

I always get scared when I'm holding something say my phone, texting as I'm walking down the street and I always think I'm going to drop it down the drain! I hold it tight then get scared I'm holding it too tight and it was squeeze out and go down the drain!

people touching my nose, sitting on the toilet lol