What's your biggest fear?

I have a fear of thurners and I frequently have nightmares of them (that I am hit by thunder). This is because when I was 6 y.o. I read the entries of 'thunders' and 'ball lightning' in my dad's encyclopedia.

I love thunder and lightning but can see why that would be a fear.

I have a fear of spiders and moths - also a fear of death.

I know the fear of death sounds strange but sometimes i analyze my journey to work, in case of an accident or if i am home alone i worry that doors arent locked and someone could break in etc. But none of these fears stop me doing things and going about my daily life.

My health and functioning deteriorating to the point where I have to go into a care home, especially if it happens 'early'.

mine is to be on my own out at sea.

The complete helpless feeling of all that unknown sea underneath.

Think its from watching Jaws at a young age

Oh Doctor etc are my worst fear! I get the feeling they are up to something else!!

I do have dreams of past failings thats very hurt and fearful and tend to wake up.

But I sometimes have dream of suicide and shooting people, I tend to enjoy that when dreaming so I don't wake up?

snakes and spiders mainly! *shudders* also being in the dark, i cant sleep without a small amount of light in the room.

i dislike heights, large crowds and being underground but i wouldnt quite say they were fears i just prefer to avoid them!

Loosing my sense of humour and ability to laugh at myself!

Losing hope...i am a positive person and dread the thought of being like my mum who is so negative she only ever she fault and the bad side of life.

Feeling unable to cope. Obviously, I dread any situation that makes me feel unable to cope, but my point is that I have at least an equal fear of the feelings of panic, helplessness and despair that would go with this.