Photo Competitions

What you guys reckon about a themed photo competition on the Blog?

I think people enjoyed submiting pics for the calendar - could have an occasional competition posting direct on the blog? and maybe the lovely Love Honey Folks could even give a little prize for the winner - little bit like the review competition

I like the idea yeah I would just need a little incentive from the LH bods

Good idea but (1) how do we decide on the theme, (2) who decides the winner?!!!! Or could some voting system be worked out? Like on strictly come dancing perhaps! (joke)

walrus wrote:

Good idea but (1) how do we decide on the theme, (2) who decides the winner?!!!! Or could some voting system be worked out? Like on strictly come dancing perhaps! (joke)

Just as long as John Sargeant doesn't post an entry

Fabulous idea guys...maybe we could make suggestions but leave it to LH to choose.

there is also that poll in the OA Blog that could be used to help vote for a theme or vote for a winner as an possible option.

Bingo Caller wrote:

walrus wrote:

Just as long as John Sargeant doesn't post an entry

I'm happy if that Camilla Dallerup decides to post......

good point carly but I like bingos idea for more fun stuff for the blog. Lh gave us a prize for a caption comp before so we could try that again. I chose a winner last time so bingo could be the judge this time. We just used the comments last time. Could also maybe do a story one as that's different but avoids the issue carly raises. We could always do photos on a theme for the blog but without the competing element

Didn't spot that previous thead - sorry. Carly, you raise a good point about hurt feelings - one reason why I personally don't answer the "favourite member" type posts, TBH.

Themed photos just for fun would be good - maybe could still have a prize based purely on 'random name out the hat' for submitting (always looking for a freebie angle )

Themes just for the sake of it could still be fun! It'd be a challenge trying to get the right sort of photo :)

Ok kids theme suggestions please!

A good idea - but i'd rather be taking the pictures than being in them! Can I be a judge?!

Here's a theme suggestion: "The Sex Olympics"

Might be a bit competitive though.

How about "My Favourite Things"

This is ok if you are good at taking pics, but not everyone can manage it

Well I haveno one to take pics of me but I manage just! It wouldn't b a comp as discussed and no one has to do it if they don't want. Only those that want to play get involved. No one judges photo quality!

well sounds like fun, as you say only join in if you want to

For anyone who needs a photographer, al I can say is ....

Have Car, Will Travel

Not that I can take a good picture myself, but least you can blame someone else

how about a picture not involving yourself - so maybe best rude picture out of veg or a rude place name you have spotted - then it wouldnt be about how someone looks? not sure - i enjoy the caption competitions and alike cos anyone can have a go - only need your pc and the internet for them!