Post pregnancy dry spell

During pregnancy my OH went right off sex, which I fully understood and supported, since then we had a brief period where things were all good again, she has gone right off the whole thing again, is this normal??

It was for me. I was exhausted the first 5 years! But then it all went back to normal and now it's better than ever. If it's something that worries you I suggest you have a talk about it.

We have been talking, I wondered how normal it was, especially when it was back then went again, hopefully I don't have to wait five years,

since having children we have had "dry spells" mainly because we have busy lives and as soon as my head hits the pillow I want to sleep, but when we are back on it it's amazing! I'm sure before long you'll be back to it again, just keep communicating as you are and maybe suggest back rubs etc to help get back in the mood. x

I think it's pretty normal. After an initial burst of sexual energy, two weeks after giving birth, we ended up going 6 months with hardly any nookie. Then things got back to normal.

I was so exhausted that I couldn't bare the thought of "wasting" any energy. I soon realised I felt so much better when I was shagging his brains out though. Its the best Stress relieving activity 😂

Hopefully things will get better for you soon. Just make sure you're helping her out as much as possible.

Hormones and tiredness, mentally and physically will play havoc with her sex drive, for me I was stupidly horny during pregnancy then too hormonal after birth to want sex often.

Plus I always had a baby attached to my breast and we co slept so we used to sneak a session in somewhere around the house. But not as often as we'd liked.

Expect it to be a bit up and down and always communicate ❤

Thanks for all your replies, helps just knowing we are not alone with this predicament

A lot will depend on how old the little one is and how busy/tired you both are. When my son was really small (<10 weeks) we had relatively frequent sex as although he was still feeding during the night, he slept well the rest of the time. As his sleep deteriorated my wife was more and more exhausted and bed was purely for sleep! Neither of us enjoyed the lack of sex but we were both so tired that something had to give!

Hormones and lack of sleep.
I sometimes felt as if my job was now Mother not Lover! My priorities changed.

However sex during the day was brilliant rather than at night time less of a rush. Bedtime routines etc...
I'm sure it will all return just keep talking. Spoil her with extra cuddles, a massage, run her a bath without any sexual pressure . She'll love you for it!! 😉