sending vibrators to be recycled

I posted my vibe to be recycled by love honey but 1. I forgot to remove the batteries before postage and 2. when they asked me what was in the parcel (which they always have to do now for health and safety) I panicked and said "just toys" to which they asked "they aren't battery operated are they?" and again I panicked and said "no". Now I feel super guilty for lying and forgetting to remove the batteries. The person behind the desk gave me really suspicious look so it has got me thinking what is going to happen and what I should have done differently (apart from taking the stupid batteries out)

p.s. I know I am probably worrying too much but I have been kind of stressed out and anxious recently.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, either the package won't get there because of the battieres or it will get there and the staff will remove the batteries. You can just put it down as something you're more than likely never going to do again after this experiance.

In regards to the post office asking you what's in the parcel, they have no right to do that. Yes they say that it's for health and safety reasons. However I complained to Royal mail in regards to this the response I got was that under no circumstances should the staff be asking what is in your package. They should be giving you the dangerous items list and asking if your item contains any of those. You can challange the person serving you in regards to this, ask for their manager or make a complaint with Royal Mail about that particular Post Office. It just seems that it's easier for the staff to ask but they're actually not allowed to do this. Royal Mail haven't instructed they do this, it seems to be something their managers or trainers have asked them to do.

If you don't want to complain about it and you ever need to send these items again through the post you can just have something else in your mind depending on the package size some people say shoes. I now say "It contains no dangerous items on the dangerous items list" Some staff will push it and say they NEED to know what is in the package. (They don't) you can then either tell a fib if it doesn't contain any dangerous items then there's no harm in the fib. Or you could tell them the truth. 'It's a big massive dildo if you really needed to know, it's too small so I'm sending it back for a replacement' which I have done. Much to the horror on the persons face.

My OH works for Royal Mail. If a packet gets shipped internationally they every right to ask and can refuse to send it if you don't tell them. I don't know if the recycled toys get sent overseas though or if they get sent to LH UK.

Other than that, they can't ask you what's inside if it's being sent within the UK.

"Or you could tell them the truth. 'It's a big massive dildo if you really needed to know, it's too small so I'm sending it back for a replacement' which I have done. Much to the horror on the persons face."

I would love to have been there to see this !!!

My father once stuck a A4 note on the door to a post office stating

WARNING

YOU ARE NOW

ENTERING A

SMILE FREE ZONE