pregnancy viability scan next week

I have my first scan next week, it's a viability scan and I will be 7 weeks and 1 day. It is my first pregnancy but I suffered a miscarriage back in feb this year. At the beginning I was experiencing very mild nausea, along with sore boobs, vaginal discharge an extreme hunger. But for 2 weeks now, my nausea has completely disappeared, my hunger, although still hungry alot, it has somewhat settled down, and discharge still there if only a little less than a couple weeks before. The only symptom that has constantly remained is my sore boobs.

I am so worried that I will get to the scan and they won't find a heartbeat and deem it as not viable, perhaps a missed miscarriage or the baby has died earlier on. I did have some slight spotting about a week and a half ago, I saw my gp, told her everything and she said she feels that it wasn't a cause for alarm or concern, unless it continued or got worse, but it didn't, it stopped. It was literally a wipe than a couple of dots, so small they made a biro full stop look bigger! My gp said she also has a good feeling about this pregnancy this time around but I can't stop but help worrying.

I just wanted to see if anyone else could share their experieces with me.....?

xx

Don't worry - I didn't have any symptoms! The only problem was - I couldn't sleep. I did not crave for more food, nor for particular types of food. I did not feel sick in the morning, nothing. And now my daughter just turned 1 a couple of days ago.

I was having the same worries for the first scan - but everything was fine... So just try to be calm, think for better, happier things - they say our thoughts have influence over the baby - try to be happy for the baby!

thanks menyanthe, I am trying to stay positive but it's so hard. I'm just so scared and cannot face the emotional wreck of another miscarriage again.

xx

Hi and congrats same as above i think it is very common to be nervous before any scan, I also had no symptoms what so ever, with either of me children only reason i knew i was pregnant was because we was trying.

Wont be long and your be able to feel the little one moving around and that will really put your mind to ease Take care of you and baby x

I hope so JLond. Thank you.

x

No prob i had a missed miscarriage before i had my two children and there pregnancies where fine so its not always the case something will go wrong again Fingers crossed for you x

Sounds like a perfectly healthy early pregnancy to me babes Iv had a previous miscarriage and suffered a missed miscarriage as well and the first thing that stopped was my sore boobs

Everything else symptom wise is most common in early pregnancy and most symptoms stop completely by 12 weeks at the latest only the unlucky few get symptoms for longer

When I was pregnant with my son I had spotting just like that and all my symptoms stopped by 6 weeks I had an early scan to but everything turned out fine even tho I spotted all through out my pregnancy I carried him to term and had my healthy happy boy 5 days after my due date

I will keep my fingers crossed for you babes but I honestly think everything will be fine with baby, try not to dwel on your worries be brave hunni it's the first lesson of parenthood

I didnt know i was pregnant until my OH took me down to the clinic and i was 9 weeks gone! the only symtoms i had were a cold, (i thought it was a cold) xx

Thanks everyone, you have put my mind at rest at least until the scan.

xx

Hi hun

I hope the scan goes well. I suffered with bad morning sickness right upto about week 14, i found very early on i was expecting at around 2-3 weeks preganant those first few weeks drangged! I hope this site gives you the support and advice you need! But i also wanted to ask you if you have joined other mum to be and parenting sites (hope i dont get wrong for this off LH for mentioning them) theres a few good ones with "due in" groups i was a amember of the due in november group last yr on one site and we where all going throu the same kinds of things at the same time. Not that im saying the wanderful people here wont give you top class advice its just as another form of communication thats all. I found them a great help and now with a 7 month old baby have made some fab friends and still use the forums for updates and advice... xxx

scan today, very nervous. hope all is ok?!

x

Well, all is well. I am officially 7 wks today from my last period, but the scan says I am 6 weeks and 4 days! Nice strong heartbeat at 129 bpm, the average 7 wk heart rate is 120 bpm, so it is very strong considering that I am not as far gone as I first thought. I have a bit of blood in my uterus though, that I was told is very common in women who have had spotting, (which I did 3 wks ago). The sonographer said it's normal and not to worry, it should come out before my 12 week scan, but I no I'll panic when I see it again. Unless its bright red and I have cramps, then to see gp or midwife asap. Estimated due date is 4/1/13! Sonographer says I'm thre first one she's scanned with an 2013 baby!

It was so cute, I could just make out a jelly bean and clearly see the heartbeat flickering away.

xx

Awwwww I'm so please for you babes congrats xxx much love xxx

Congrats, wish you and bump well x x x

Would like to pass my best wishes on to you Ronnie.I know the heartbreak of having a miscarriage which was in 1983. You are lucky that you'll be able to see great scans of your baby, something which was unavailable back in the 80s

Thanks everyone, at least it's good news. I thought maybe our little raisin had gone as I was feeling too normal to still be pregnant. I suppose I am just lucky.

Can't help worrying about this blood that is stuck up there somewhere, waiting for its appearance that'll no doubt make me panic alot again. sonographer said as long as it's not bright red and fresh or any pain than it's nothing to worry about but my spotting a few weeks ago was bright red, but no pain. I suppose if it's stuck from then, then it should come out old and browny????! She said it should go by the time I get my 12 week scan, but I forgot to ask what if it doesn't? Will it cause problems? I will ask my gp at my first booking appointment this afternoon.

x

ronnie-baby wrote:

Thanks everyone, at least it's good news. I thought maybe our little raisin had gone as I was feeling too normal to still be pregnant. I suppose I am just lucky.

Can't help worrying about this blood that is stuck up there somewhere, waiting for its appearance that'll no doubt make me panic alot again. sonographer said as long as it's not bright red and fresh or any pain than it's nothing to worry about but my spotting a few weeks ago was bright red, but no pain. I suppose if it's stuck from then, then it should come out old and browny????! She said it should go by the time I get my 12 week scan, but I forgot to ask what if it doesn't? Will it cause problems? I will ask my gp at my first booking appointment this afternoon.

x

Yes it will come out all brown, maybe a bit stringy with kinda scabbed appearance.

Good luck with your next appointments and congratz.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

ronnie-baby wrote:

x

Yes it will come out all brown, maybe a bit stringy with kinda scabbed appearance.

Yuck that sounds awful lol. But am glad it will be easily distiguishable! Thanks Nymphomaniac.

xx

ronnie-baby wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

ronnie-baby wrote:

x

Yuck that sounds awful lol. But am glad it will be easily distiguishable! Thanks Nymphomaniac.

xx

I agree, haha, was kinda grossed out by the thought of it while typing - the human body is a wonderful thing ^_^

hi Ronnie-baby

I bled during both my pregnacies....the stress was terrible more so after losing one bay...but I went on to have to healthy and amazing babies...who are now 11 and 5.

I wish you all the luck in the world hunni xxx