To scared to do a pregnancy test

A bit of a stroy but as some of you know we have been trying for a baby for over 18 months now with no luck. However last period came 4 days early straight after i had some reflexology...not for ovaries for my back. Thought it seemed a bit of a coincidence but never mind. Anyway both husband and I downloaded the glow app to track for ovulation and other stuff and have been filling it in each night.

So back to the thread sorry but needed to explain. I am now 3 days late with no sign of coming on apart from weird stomach cramping. I have been getting other symptoms but trying not to over think as this has happened before but never over 2 days late. I am now to scared to test incase im not and i just dont know what to do. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation?

I know this feeling all too well. I tried for 4 years to get pregnant with my little boy. I hated it when I thought I might be, and then a test would say no, and I'd just feel silly for hoping.

The way I used to try and think about it was, whether I tested or not the outcome was still the same. If I wasn't pregnant not testing was only delaying the knowledge and the upset, and if I was, well that felt like it was never going to happen so I only really focused on the 'not' feelings.

I knew lots of people when I was TTC who always waited at least one week to do a test. Maybe you could set yourself a similar routine. It never worked for me, but I know some ladies found it helpful.

Good luck and I hope you get that positive test very soon x

Aw. I'm sorry sweets. This can be so stressful and I feel for you.

I was in the opposite situation in that I was late and had absolutely no desire for a baby. In my case, I was too scared to test in case it was true and I wouldn't know what to do. However, doing the test is the only way you can put your mind at rest either way. Personally, I'd rather deal with disappointment now then put it off, build the anticipation and find out later it was just in my head.

However, unless you get one of those early detection tests, it may come out as a false negative even if you are pregnant, which might cause some upset unneccesarily. It's a tough one, but again, I'd rather know than not.

Good luck!xxx

I agree about the false negatives, better to leave it for a week and then take the test rather than suffer unnecessary heartache over a false negative. Good luck with the conception! Keep positive, this must be very stressful for you xx

It's hard, I did so many tests and was disappointed at all the negatives even tho sometimes it was too early. Don't feel bad, it's natural for the urge to beef to know, drives us crazy. Hope your all ok xx

Thank you good to hear some people understanding I ended up taking the test and it was negative but had some odd things going on with my body today so not giving up all hope going to wait till next week to do another x

I was in your situation not too long ago Holly. When you are trying to conceive its always on your mind, well it was for me. I took so many tests, even when my periods weren't due if I felt a bit tired I would be straight in with a test. I'd be disheartened of course but not knowing was always worse if that makes sense.

Your time will come so don't lose hope x

Thank everyone hope this bit isn't too much info but came on today but I just don't feel right. I can't wear my normal sanitary items because it's too sore and I have been dizzy on and off all day. Any ideas? x

Aww we know exactly what your saying the Mrs had to go on fertility treatment (clomid) due to PCOS and when she thought it had happened she didn't want me to tell her when she was due until around day 7 so about a week late for period.

She asked me to do this due to having been really excited before then doing a test it coming back negative on several occasions and thinking her dream of being a mummy would never happen however we are now parents to two beautiful girls (3 & 11 weeks) first one from the clomid and 2nd naturally which was a massive shock!!

Good luck and hope it happens for you soon. :) x

you are not alone. I am sending posiive vibes here.