Pregnant & not sexy

I know there was a post recently asking why some men are attracted to pregnant women. I'd like to know why some men aren't?

Probably looking for reassurance. I'm about 6months pregnant and since the bump has appeared my husband has 'gone off me'. I've always had a healthy appetite for sex and he's always been up to the job. I just joined LH & bought some treats in the hope of enticing him.

So, are there any men out there put off by the bump? Or any women who have noticed their husband being put off by the bump?

I cant help u with answers ... but pregnancies are beautiful ... enjoy you natural beauty you've been blessed with :)

I know some men are just worried about hurting the baby, when it's not likely, unless you have a high risk pregnancy.

Some find it weird having sex when a baby is around aka in the bump yet the same room.

I think some people are put off with having another person in the room, or afraid of harming the baby, if you've been through your pregnancy he may be worried that it'll make you sick, maybe it's psychological and he's worrying about the impending baby and how he'll be as a father could be anything, talk to him

I have written a blog post on this (not allowed to post the link here but my blog link is in my profile).

During both pregnancies and pregnancies of my friends, there were times when our own partners would have intercourse with us, as they felt they might harm the baby or us.

Try the romantic approach, dim lights, soft music, good food and a few clitoral vibes or cock ring etc.

I'm sure he hasn't actually 'gone off you' exactly. Some men find the changing shape of their partner difficult to come to grips with, others seem to love it. My husband said that as my bump got bigger it actually made him think about sex a bit more and he did become a little reluctant to participate as he didn't wanrt to hurt/injure me or the baby. (As your bump gets bigger, he said it actually made him think of a proper little person in there ).

Maybe you could ask him ? If he is concerned about hurting you or the baby, we found masterbating together was great, oral sex, bj etc. There are lots of different ways you can enjoy yourselves if he's worried about penetrative sex. Anal sex, if you're both into that was also great for both of us.

After our daughters were born, we have 2, things were back to 'normal' with a month and we've never looked back.

Hope this is of some help xx

Some men just prefer slender shapes. Its a big change, the very large protruding stomach, water retention, stretch marks and general all over weight gain and filling out, if he's used to fancying toned or slim, it is very different. Yes for the most part it's the baby making the stomach very large, rather than if you suddenly put on a few stone and got fat, but visually it is similar as it does completely change your shape, if he's just not attracted to larger shapes he can't help it.

Maybe it's not so much the look, but the belly getting in the way during sex? Maybe he finds it awkward to work around, or can't go for his favourite positions and doesn't have the same view he likes?

Other people are just freaked out by pregnancy. The way the bump moves, seeing hands or feet prod out, how the bellybutton usually sticks out, the change in posture. Some people just don't find pregnancy attractive.

Thanks for the replies.

Terri, I do like to think that things will go back to normal afterwards, after we adjust tto night feeds. We have spoken about it and he doesn't seem to know why, just that he doesn't feel like it.

VirginAngel, I think that is exactly the situation. I have always been very skinny and more recently slender/athletic and now quite suddenly this large shape has appeared!

I know he still loves me, and I know there's definitely no affair. I suppose it's just a combination of busy lives and my changing body. I was just feeling a little bit sorry for myself, the joys of hormones!

My hubby was fine with having sex when I was pregnant with my first right up until I was 7 months when we had finished the deed and I started to bleed really quite heavy which turned out I had few problems and then refused point blank untill I was ready after having my eldest which was 3 months after so in total 5months with none then as I came up to being 7months with 2nd and 3rd child the same he didn't want to incase the same happened which was fine ad was huge scare to both of us but doctors had said it was very unlikely to happen again as I didn't have same conditions but its was all mental so its not somethin he could switch off sorry for the rambling just talk to him and see how he feels as it can be quite daunting wish you all the best x

Hello :)

I'm also 6 months pregnant. I sadly lost my first baby at 12 weeks, so because of this I think I see my pregnany a little differently to what most women would, I feel truly blessed to be pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. It sort of makes me more grateful (not that I'm saying you're not, hope that makes sense) :)

Have you tryied talking to your partner and ask why he doesn't feel like having sex? My partner didn't feel like having sex as first because he was really scared of hurting our baby, but he was fine once I explain to him it's basically impossible. X

Oh dear kinky wife, sorry to hear of your ordeal. Glad to see it didn't put you off having more children. This is my third child and whilst I am not considered to be low risk, last time round was a section at around 7months, I'm being reviewed regularly and not considered high risk, and have not been told not to have sex.

ShinySparkle I wouldn't mind giving him more blow jobs, but I had mentioned a long time ago that I don't like cum in my mouth so he has never done that, so blow jobs for us has always been a stepping stone to interiors.

He does still slap and grab my ass and has said that I still look good from the back, but from the side and face on its a different story - it's just as well I'm not a sensitive sole with compliments like that from the hubby lol.

Lollipop, sorry to hear that you had lost a child. I understand that experience can make you cherish this pregnancy even more. We didn't have sex for the first 12weeks really because I was suffering with awful nausea and exhaustion.

Probably, he is more a more considerate person than me. Cuddles are nice too, I love falling asleep laying on his chest. Just some days at the minute the pregnancy hormones take over and I'm ridiculously horny. To be fair, poor him-never know what mood I'll be in from one second to the next.

I defo wasn't put off I was told by doctors it was a 1in a 1000 chance of it happening again and was having check ups regularly and I'm glad that my 3rd baby happened even by accident as I now have my little man and wouldn't change any of them for the world they have helped me through alot with just there smiles and giggles and mad attitudes just wish all you mummies to be all the luck as even when they drive you mad at times they only have to do one little thing and it puts a great big smile on your face well mine do anyway

Agreed kinky wife, for me its when they say "I love you mummy" them 4 words make my heart melt. All of our babies have been little surprises to us, this is number 3 and was thought of before I became pregnant but still unexpected in a way, but love each one of them unbelievably, wouldn't change a thing.

Well I wish you all the best and hope all the advice has helped and sorry bout all my rambling my little monsters and I say my love mummy /chlids name x