Profile Sexuality Choices

While updating my profile to better reflect who I am turning out to be, I noticed a lack of options for Asexual and many other sexualities. There is a distinct lack of choices for gender too.

I would love to see more inclusive options such as available on the forums. I know practically they will mean nothing for my use of the site, but it’s nice to know that LoveHoney will get data from a variety of people to better sell and promote different sexualities, and even kinky aces such as myself.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lake :slightly_smiling_face:

These are the choices currently:

Relationship Gender Identity Sexual Orientation
Single Woman Heterosexual
In a relationship Man Bisexual
Polyamorous Non-binary Lesbian
Open relationship Transgender Gay
Prefer not to say Transwoman Pansexual
Transman Queer
Gender fluid Asexual
Multigender Trixic
Gender questioning Demisexual
Intergender Prefer not to say
Prefer not to say

But you can request additions, and they’re generally considered. :+1:

3 Likes

Ah, I see. I read it wrong. You mean on the shopping site profile. I’m with you. :+1:

4 Likes

They are available on the forums, but on the lovehoney store, you can only select:

Man
Other
Prefer not to say

Sexuality
Straight
Bisexual
Lesbian
Gay
Other
Prefer not to say

2 Likes

I don’t actually know exactly what they use those for on the shopping site? I think with the forum ones they’re mainly for self-expression, but I think the ones on the shopping site are tied to what kind of marketing emails you get (vagina vs penis toys, for instance; or couples toys vs non-couple toys, etc). It might require a bit more work to merge extra options in, but it’s definitely worth asking. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome @Lake
Loving the profile pic :grin:

1 Like

Hi and welcome :hugs:

Hello, and welcome!
Personally I find gender and sexuality questions a bit of an annoyance.
I’d be happier if more websites were gender and identity neutral.
I think interests would be of more use.
If I buy something it’s not because I identify as ‘x’ or ‘y’, it’s because I want or need that something.

Fyi, @Ian_Chimp really knows their stuff, super helpful forum member.

3 Likes

Hi there and welcome to the forum @Lake