Pubic hair.... Best ways or tips to remove.

Straight after shaving rub over the area with a clear deodorant stick like the Gillette one.

No idea how it works but it does.

Have u thought about a mini epilator? Trim first though.

BumblebeeBuzzed wrote:

I highly recommend this combo if you're shaving. It really works wonders for me.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031

just bought some of this to try

I thought about using a hair removal cream like veet or something similar, but not sure if it's too sensitive.
I use hair conditioner and find that makes it pretty soft and smooth 😊

For long lasting results it's got to be a wax and then shave in emergencies if I can't wait for it to grow back for a re-wax. After you practise it becomes fairly easy to do yourself and it becomes less painful

Used to use conditioner when I shaved and worked very well.

Now I get waxed, have done so for the past 4 years.

Would never look back to shaving again. Make sure you have a qualified therapist and try and make sure they use wax specific for intimate areas ie wax without using a strip to remove.

This sort of wax is designed to stick to hair and not to skin, so more comfortable to remove and less painful and much less risk of damage to the area. Naturally a well qualified therapist will ensure your best interests.

Wax, wax, wax all the way for me. I literally had it done 3 hours ago and won't need to do anything other than exfoliate and moisturise for 4/5 weeks now til my next wax

I use hair removal cream for sensitive hair, and I also use a razor if I don't want it all gone. I agree with "quiet ones are worse!" and use a mens razor, I prefer the ones with the moisture bars in them and find that I don't get any rashes or ingrown hair, compared to using really cheap razors.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

You may need to shave more regularly, stop it getting to the itchy stage of regrowth.

This is great for itching, getting rid of rashes/irritation and keeping your skin in good condition in general:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921

Do you have any tips on how to shave when you do regularly? I only shave once a week because if my hairs are too short it makes me bleed. I don't shave in the Hairs dirrection because it's not smooth enough and I feel like there is still a lot of hairs left.

When shaving, make sure you have plenty of lather - whether its soap, shaving foam or conditioner.

Shave in the direction of the hair growth for the first 'pass'

Rinse off and re-lather the area. Then shave again at a 90 degree angle to the hair growth - so your going sideways. This should get you closer in.

Again rinse off.

If you then want to go closer still, lather again and shave against the hair growth. This will get the smoothest result.

Personally I would only do the first pass on a regular basis and the second pass for a special occasion. - this should be smooth enough.

As always, make sure youre using a fresh blade and best thing is to do it during/after a hot bath/shower to soften the hair and relax the skin and pores.

Afterwards, moisturise well (i recommend coconut oil) as a lot of creams etc still contain chemicals and alcohol etc.

I use a male groomer, Great for all over and gets the job done quick.

Just Jenson wrote:

When shaving, make sure you have plenty of lather - whether its soap, shaving foam or conditioner.

Shave in the direction of the hair growth for the first 'pass'

Rinse off and re-lather the area. Then shave again at a 90 degree angle to the hair growth - so your going sideways. This should get you closer in.

Again rinse off.

If you then want to go closer still, lather again and shave against the hair growth. This will get the smoothest result.

Personally I would only do the first pass on a regular basis and the second pass for a special occasion. - this should be smooth enough.

As always, make sure youre using a fresh blade and best thing is to do it during/after a hot bath/shower to soften the hair and relax the skin and pores.

Afterwards, moisturise well (i recommend coconut oil) as a lot of creams etc still contain chemicals and alcohol etc.

I'm going to try this next time I shave ^_^ Thank you Jenson!

MissNoir wrote:

littleshysexy wrote:

MissNoir wrote:

It sounds silly but I use hair conditioner, I read somewhere a while back that conditioner makes a good shaving foam and it really does, it's made my skin much softer and more hair seems to come away when I do shave ^_^

Ive heard conditioner too. Did this this morning and it feels a lot softer than normal!

I'm glad! ^_^ The internet is pretty useful for things not Lovehoney related sometimes haha

I'm due to shave everything off for the first time. This sounds a good tip, was just going to use shaving foam.

Conditioner really does work well as a shaving cream. I've even shaved my face with it from time to time.

One tip I'd add is: exfoliate before and after shaving. Nothing too rough, just a twenty second rub with a dry flannel or sponge. It helps avoid ingrown hairs.

Someone mentioned the notorious Amazon review of male depilatory creams. Can I also refer you to the Mumsnet thread titled 'Well, at least my fadge hasn't dissolved yet.....'? Starts off with women discussing the pros and (mostly) cons of using Veet on sensitive areas, then guys start joining in and, well, it's very informative and very funny.

I use Veet. Gets the job done, and leaves you nice and smooth, but on't leave it on too long though.

I get professionally waxed (Hollywood) but have pretty strong hair so find it only really lasts a couple of weeks. At this stage it's not long enough to be waxed again but also not really swimsuit ready if you know what I mean! Also I'd find it way too expensive to be fully waxed as often as I seem to need to be. I have shaved inbetween in an 'emergency' but it does tend to make me more prone to ingrowns. Definitely get better results this way than just shaving or using Veet. As others have mentioned a good quality multi-blade razor with plenty of lather does make a difference.

Good old fashioned shaving