putting on latex?

as it says...got latex stockings fr the wife :)

nightmare to put on and before buying the dressing aid stuff anyone got any other solutions to the problem????

thanks

Have you tried talc??

no were just talking bout it....seems to be recomended but not sure hold on we tell you

:)

I know there was a post on the LoveHoney blog a while back about latex, might be worth having a look.

This might help http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/04/28/latex-clothing-how-to/

well...i now look like an antique

covered in talc and all we have for our efforts is a burst latex stocking lolololololol

bloody waste of money but pretty funny

just got them yesterday aswell the medium was far too big round the thigh and the small looked like alittle blow up leg

dam itttttttttt

lol

sorriso wrote:

well...i now look like an antique

covered in talc and all we have for our efforts is a burst latex stocking lolololololol

bloody waste of money but pretty funny

oh noooooooo thats awfull news *feels bd for recomending talc now =(* Sorry

no its not you

i had just finished saying watch you dont rip them and sure enough they ripped

might be worth the site giving you a better size guide as was a night mare

but awell

lol

Well have a look at the thred that missTerryClevage put up, might give you some good advice hun =)

yeah already had a look

gona order some more stuff next week probably

see how it goes after the cock moulding kit :)

LoveHoney are about to put up some Liquid Latex for sale soon, that is loads of fun!

I wonder if they are ginng to bring out different colours?

x

*Bumped for Hella's help!*

x

Hella to the rescue!!

x

Also worth looking at rubberist.net for some very experienced advice on dressing & the various aids - chlorination is the long-term solution and allows you to do away with dressing aids, talc, etc. although it does involve a quick bit of home chemistry.

I've chlorinated all my rubberwear and it slips on like silk, it's only when I bought a couple of bits from LH that I was reminded just what a bloody akward experience it is putting on latex that's not chlorinated. Sliding round between the sheets in cl'd rubber is a truly lovely feeling, especially compared to all the sheets sticking to you like a flypaper.

If you can't be arsed with the home chemistry, Wired on rubberist.net will do it by return of post for a few beer tokens.

Having chlorinated a couple of things the conventional way (in a bucket) I decided that it was an unnecessarily dangerous way of doing the job as 99.9% of the chlorine evolved doesn't react with the latex but does make a fair attempt at gassing you.

I found that if you put the standard strength solution into a hand sprayer (like some domestic cleaning agents come in) you can simply spray the latex all over making sure it stays wet all over for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off and the job is done with less than 10% of the chlorine the open bucket method uses.

I used the shower cubicle with the extractor fan on and hardly smelled the chlorine at all.

The solution retains it strength for ages in the sprayer (I kept it in there for 24 hours and it still chlorinated a sample fine) so there is no rush to turn the garment inside out.

I bought the latex leggings, used some talc to help get them on then sprayed Pjur Cult latex shiner on them. They looked amazing! I only had them on a short while, it was a boiling hot day (I was at a festival) and they ripped when I adjusted them on my waist (I say 'adjusted' as I knew I had to be really careful with them). Gutted wasn't the word. The sweat was literally pouring off me and when I walked down to the arena they ripped at the crotch. Maybe this was all due to the fact I didn't use a dressing aid, as mentioned (forgive my ignorance but what is a dressing aid?).
It did put me off latex and I returned all the clothing I'd purchased but I really loved those leggings so maybe I should try again, with a dressing aid! What do you think? Please advise me, I would appreciate it xxx

If they were from LH then chances are they were cheap moulded latex, as all their stuff (Sharon Sloane) seems to be. This is pretty much the lowest quality you can get, so don't be put off.

Next up the scale is quality moulded gear, I have some "Latexa" stuff and it's much better quality.

Further up from that is glued latex gear, cut and tailored from sheet latex which is usually miles better. Westward Bound are probably the cheapest source in the UK, then you have Honour / Skin Two, Libidex, Sealwear (who I would recommend having visited their premises and chatted to the owner), Kastley, Coccoon, and hundreds of others. Have a look in the suppliers index at www.rubberist.net, there are reviews & links to hundreds of suppliers for all tastes & budgets.

Just to add - dressing aid is only a tarty name for lube or polish, some is specially formulated, some isn't. Unfortunately rubber is not the most resilient thing in the world to rips, holes, pinpricks, etc. (a bit like a balloon) especially the cheap thin moulded stuff as it doesn't have seams, reinforcment, stress relief etc. you get with cut & glued garments.

I have just returned to the LH forum (yes it's been a while!) and I wanted to say thank you for your replies-I didn't think anyone would take any notice! Very helpful and I will now check out your suggestions. Thanks again xx