Our first experience of latex!

Hey everyone, finally experienced some latex today. Starting easy with the OH wearing some latex stockings. Bit of a fetish of mine - hoping to get her to wear more for me!

She can get a little impatient, with the difficulty of getting it on. But we got there in the end! So hot! We struggled with getting it shiny like on the pictures - we bought the shiner, perhaps we didn't buff it enough. I know theres plenty out there on this forum about that.

So I'd love to see my OH in something like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19040 or this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19052

Kind of struggling with sizes though - she's inbetween sizes (so for example they have 10-12, 14-16, 18-20 etc available). Is it worth going up one or down one? I understand it can stretch a little but dont want it to be saggy!

Would love to know your thoughts, thanks :)

Personally, I would go one size up. I don't think it would be baggy. I love those two Rubber Girls. I have one on my wish list.

I love latex and plan to get some more in the future, LH do some lovely elbow length latex gloves too which I think would go nicely with those outfits. :)

I bought some latex stockings for my wife recently and I'm planning to get some latex dildo pants as they double up as a toy so i can use those to see her reaction to the idea of wearing latex before bringing out the stockings.
I was worried that the time taken to put on the stockings might kill the moment completely, but i have tried them on myself using a tip on an old forum thread;
Roll the stockings right down to the ankle (like a big condom), then rub your (or your partners) foot and ankle with dressing aid (or just water based lube). Next pull the stocking over the foot and ankle, pushing out any air. Then just roll them up your leg (just like a condom) and there is no need for any more lube

Yeah all the Rubber Girls stuff is pretty hot. We'll take a look at the gloves :) Thanks a lot for your suggestion in sizing, we'll give the next one up a go. The LH returns policy is so good anyway I can't see it being a problem.

Thanks dh, we'll try doing that!

Hey uxo

That's great that you've discovered a love for latex!

Most of the latex we sell on Lovehoney is quite thick so isn't as stretchy as some bespoke ranges you can buy, so size wise it's probably better to go up one size if she is between sizes. As you say, we have a pretty generous returns policy so if the size is wrong, send it on back for an exchange!

As you mention, the only annoyance with latex is it can be a bit of a nightmare to get into.

With latex, your best friend is talc. Douse the inside of your latex garment and your skin generously with talc before even attempting to get it on. This should help it slide over your skin (almost) effortlessly. It also helps with the heat, believe it or not :)

When it comes to shining, I find a good quality silicone based lube is the best thing, rather than the latex shiner. Alternatively, a good wood polish or, even better, tyre polish (yep - the stuff from Halfords!)

Happy latex-ing!

I feel you. My bottom half is in between a 12 and a 14. I guess it depends on the make. For example, I am roughly a size 14 on the bottom half of me and a size 12 on top. I recently bought these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11878

In a size large (Since it says large is a 12 to 14 I thought they would be perfect) I had to return them as they were quite baggy around the waist and lower legs. Like. really baggy. (Not what you want from latex really) I am replacing them with the medium size, which is advertised as fitting 10 to 12!! I haven't been a size 10-12 since before I had my babies!! Hehe.

I guess it is really hard to know for sure what size to order, especially as different labels size things so differently from each other. I would say stick as closely as possible to her size right now and hope for the best really. That is all you can do when ordering clothing online.

Lovehoney have an amazing returns policy that makes it worthwhile ordering from here every time.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

When it comes to shining, I find a good quality silicone based lube is the best thing, rather than the latex shiner. Alternatively, a good wood polish or, even better, tyre polish (yep - the stuff from Halfords!)

Happy latex-ing!

Wow I didn't know you could use silicone lube to shine. Thanks for the tip :)

MissTig wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Happy latex-ing!

Wow I didn't know you could use silicone lube to shine. Thanks for the tip :)

Anytime! ^_^

Hey all thanks for the advice! It's funny, I've read different things about getting latex on, what to use etc... Talc has come up a lot but apparently the perfume in it can degrade? I've yet to find unperfumed Talc (I'll see if Simple do some...).

We'll definitely try using silicone lubes - more excuse to get slippy!

Silicone lube shines it up nicely and is usually cheaper than the sprays available. As getting latex on, google Pjur Cult Dressing Aid, it's similar stuff to silicone lube that you put on yourself and the garment to be worn and it just slides on with no messing about.

Hey ToneEQ yeah we;ve got the dressing aid, we struggled a little with that so we'll give the talc a go next time I think. Perhaps we didnt put enough on!

would love to wear latex, but it makes my skin burn, so sadly have to admire others wearing it.

I guess we're lucky in that department, though I have heard a few people with the same issue!

Just to say the talc thing worked a treat! We got some Simple perfume free (so it shouldn't degrade) Thank you :)