Raised the price just befor Christmas

Hello everyone.

I really wanted to buy vixen dildo.
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33670
Every day im looking at it, i wanted to wait until Christmas sale, you know that sale at 25th, when lovehoney offer good discounts on some items.
Yesterday the price was 80£.
Well today it jump to 110£, just befor Christmas :(

Why no body tell us that lovehoney will raise the price?
Why you dident to it after new year?
I feel so sad, cant afford it anymore.
I dident check price of other items, hope they the same.

Sorry about my broken english.

Sadly many companies do this right before Christmas, so that when they have Boxing Day sales it looks like you're getting a good deal when you're not.

Keep an eye out as there's every chance the price will come back down again, and you may get sent a discount code at Christmas too which you could put towards it.

Could this be a good indicator it'll feature in the xmas day sale?

Jesus christ! That's a massive jump.
To be honest though, Lovehoney pricing strategy would be a business decision and honestly do you think they'll share pricing strategy publicly?
It does look like they've hiked the price to mitigate the reduction in price and Xmas day sale might result in.
Shame cos I had my eye on this too.
It's probably Brexit.

Could it be that Vixen themselves have asked retailers to Up the prices? Wouldn't be the first time this year that a luxury toy company have hiked their prices!

yikes, that's a big jump. I've had my eye on that dildo for months, I wouldn't pay that much. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Sum Sub wrote:

It's probably Brexit.

Actually yes it is! And we have had suppliers put prices up over the last few months, we have put off adjusting our own prices but it has come to crunch time now.

We really have not taken this decision lightly :( I know it is bad timing with Christmas but we will still offer our great sale prices, offers, deals and fab return policy. 

I am sorry about this item. Please do contact customer care to see if they may be able to help in anyway if you are looking to buy now. 

i am also shocked by this high price jump. i wouldnt pay that much for it either. would like to see an explanation also. ?

dingo keep your eyes peeled it may go back down to original price. if not, look out for the money off emails ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

SquirtyPanda wrote:

i am also shocked by this high price jump. i wouldnt pay that much for it either. would like to see an explanation also. ?

I am sorry I have explained as best I can above. The trade team may pop in and explain better.

However the above is the reason and the decison has been made with a  heavy heart. ![sad|20x20](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif "sad")

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I am sorry I have explained as best I can above. The trade team may pop in and explain better.

However the above is the reason and the decison has been made with a heavy heart. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

thanks leanne - i did try to edit my post to remove the explanation comment but it wouldnt let me.

I'd say definitely keep an eye on the price, I recently ordered my OHs xmas present from a rainforest based bookseller and they sent the wrong colour. When I had returned it the correct colour was out of stock When it was back in stock, they price for the one I wanted had jumped by £50! I waited a couple of week and eventually the price was £20 below the original.

So yes, certainly keep checking the price, especially in the January sales!

Funny Brexit affecting sex toys before other electrical items. One way to stop this ridiculous post referendum nonsense is to stop purchasing. Plenty of other options out there. As a company I'm sure Lovehoney will be bargaining deals with companies far and wide and themselves will not be held to ransom on such ridiculous price increases from suppliers.

Eeek! This might have to leave my wishlist now 🤔 it would have been a struggle before the £30 increase. That's a whole sex toy more! The Goodfella is now £119

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

It's probably Brexit.

Actually yes it is! And we have had suppliers put prices up over the last few months, we have put off adjusting our own prices but it has come to crunch time now.

We really have not taken this decision lightly :( I know it is bad timing with Christmas but we will still offer our great sale prices, offers, deals and fab return policy.

I am sorry about this item. Please do contact customer care to see if they may be able to help in anyway if you are looking to buy now.

Just spoak via live chat, they cant help me. Thanx anyway!

Stuburns wrote:

Funny Brexit affecting sex toys before other electrical items. One way to stop this ridiculous post referendum nonsense is to stop purchasing. Plenty of other options out there. As a company I'm sure Lovehoney will be bargaining deals with companies far and wide and themselves will not be held to ransom on such ridiculous price increases from suppliers.

Sadly it's not just as simple as it being exploitation by a few opportunist suppliers :-( If the pound is worth less than it was before, then no company in their right mind is going to ignore this and accept a lower value for the same product.

And let's be honest, normal people aren't much different to companies in their attitudes. If you come back from holiday and try to change back your leftover euros or dollars, you're not going to accept it if you're told, "I know that technically this should be worth £150 now, but we all know this is just a bit of temporary post-referendum nonsense so we're going to pretend it never happened and just give you £120.".

Even British manufacturers will source at least some of their materials from outside the UK, so no one is completely immune. Just to clarify, the last thing I want to do is start a debate on the actual rights and wrongs of Brexit! I think everyone has had enough of those for a lifetime! Just thought it's important to point out that this is a more complicated issue than it appears. Even us in Ireland are being hit by it, mainly because so many large UK based retailers have a presence here.

Pound isn't 30% less in value!

Why international buyers pay vat?
I remember ive brought car supplys last year from uk company.
I dident pay vat because im international buyer.

Oh I know, sorry, was just picking numbers out the air for that example. Didn't mean it to sound like I was saying that's the actual difference right now.

But the pound is down 10% on the euro compared to before, and at one stage was more than 15% down. Meanwhile, even after the US election, the pound is down more than 16% on the dollar, and came close to hitting 20% back in October. Those are very real numbers that could easily be the difference between profit and loss for a lot of companies.

And this is before Britain has actually even taken the first governmental step towards leaving. Companies both inside and outside the UK would have to plan on the assumption that things could get even worse once that process starts.

I was actually being ironic in my mention of Brexit - it gets blamed for everything
*edited my moderator* 

I understand people are upset by this but as I say we have had to take some action with recent events. 

There are other places and retailers that can be purchased from and that is your rights to buy where you feel you get the best of everything inc customer care, price returns etc. But please don't advertise prices or mention other places to purchse away from LH, on our forum - we are a retail site. 

Once again I am sorry for the timing of this & for the rise in the price