Rant Thread - Get it all out here

There are a lot of members here also juggling complicated lives so feel free to rant or ask for advice as there’s a lot of experience here and helpful and supportive members. Above all, look after your own wellbeing, as you are the centre of it all. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Most people’s lives were challenging enough before the pandemic and many are struggling through the remains . I just wish the world governments would remember that they work for the people and not mega corporations of billionaires . Under the banner of “SAVE THE PLANET” or the green deal to force everybody into electric cars they are bankrupting many people . They do not consider that mining all the toxic minerals and processing just for the batteries is a large long term does great harm to the planet . Then there is the “tiny” problem of exactly where are they going to get all the electricity to charge billions of electric cars ? There , I feel better venting a bit .

6 Likes

Lately when I’ve been out shopping and gone to a cheap shop that would have sold a bottle of water for like 30p now only sells them in massive crates. What if I only need one to carry around with me while I’m out? I know there’s lots of other drinks there and stuff, but how come I can’t buy a single water like the rest of them?

I mean, it’s kind of a good thing when I think about it. Now I’ll be more likely to bring a sports bottle with me from home filled with tap water instead since I know what I can’t get when I’m out. Go green or go thirsty :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What the fuck I’m so angry i went in for my first day i was teamed up with someone who was rude to me and then at the end of the day i was told I’m not needed for the rest of the week.

That’s disgusting, and sadly i have heard similar tales of agency work. Hopefully you get something more permanent with better colleagues.

@WillC I handed my notice in last week for the job i had, this new job is kind of like a dream job for me.

Now I’m stuck in limbo. I sent a email to the agency firm but not rude. I’m on medication that has to be taken at strick times. So over the weekend i changed the times for when i got up as it was alot earlier.

The person they teamed me up with was so grumpy to start with he didn’t like it when i said i don’t know what I’m doing as i haven’t been shown. swearing just making me feel very uncomfortable.

Thats awful! This was the permanent job too so how does that make sense. I would be feeling really frustrated.

@JoCat I’m feeling really frustrated and a bit emotional. The advert is still up Mon-Friday 6am start temp to permanent.

Hopefully the agency will get back to me, this has happened before with the same agency and same business. That time i was willing to over look it because i think wires got crossed they thought i was just wanting to cover for when people are ill or on holiday. I told them that’s not what i wanted, then two months later they got hold of me again saying the business is looking for someone to join them permanently. The agency said we have to drop the wages down to what the business pays as the job is temp to permanent.

1 Like

It is completely normal to feel emotional and you need to allow yourself feel your feelings. I’d be wanting to kill dead things!

I didn’t kill any dead things :joy: but i was shouting swearing and mumbling to myself about the business on my way home, i was driving so nobody could hear​:joy:

That’s one thing i do, i let my emotions out keeping things bottled up isn’t good I’m not into this macho bull about men not showing their feelings.

Fck that, scream it out when you need to! Its therapeutic!

1 Like

He sounds a right arse. Any normal person would understand a new starter will be unfamiliar and need a bit of guidance. It takes nothing to be pleasant.

2 Likes

Totally agree, I stood up for myself and said you need to show me how to do things, he still didn’t well accept for some paperwork then he did the rest of the job himself for the whole day.

I’m pretty sure you aren’t suppose to smoke but he was and I’m pretty sure he was doing it on purpose as he asked me if i smoke i said now then he said fuckinng great start, for the whole day he was chain smoking. So in all i had a bad awful day.

Yeah smoking is not allowed in the workplace or in works vans, even if you’re driving alone. So he was not only being a git, he was breaking the law.

I knew about not smoking in work places never knew you weren’t allowed to smoke in vans.

I do hope the agency will get back to me as I’m going to tell them how i was treated forom the time i got there. In the email i sent i said it was very unprofessional between them and the business.

Had a phone call from the agency and was told that they had it in good faith that it was a temp to permanent role. I was told they will phone them up to get to the bottom of it. I did say i will not be going back to them unless i have it in writing that it’s a temp to permanent role. Then i told them about the guy how he had a attitude with me and how he was smoking.

2 Likes

It was, i can’t believe how rude and ignorant that bloke they put you with was. That’s no way to treat any work colleague, never mind a new starter. If he had a problem mentoring a newbie he should have taken it up with his superiors, not been an arse to you.

3 Likes

Exactly, one of the other work crew had said to him cheer up when i was introduced to him.

Well my thoughts about this business has gone down.

Seems with most places the business and the work force is a completely different look, they make money they make the business look great but behind the scenes is another story.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that @teacake, I’m having a wretched time at work too, I hope things improve soon mate :slightly_frowning_face::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@Knight1119 Cheers hopefully things will change for us.

I should of known that all the agencies around here operate the same way promise things but when you get to the job it’s not what it seems.

1 Like