Rant Thread - Get it all out here

So as we have such a great topic of What cheered you up recently we thought we would have one where you can let go of what happened to upset you recently, we know this can seem negative, but it can also help people express another feeling and make you feel more positive about it after talking about it.

We will start, we had to have our 14 year old pitbull put down yesterday, she was fitting more regularly and for longer and only had 3 legs for half her life.
That’s all 4 dogs gone now 3 in the last 4 months. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Aw, sorry to hear that @Steve_Laura69 :sob: :pleading_face: Sending you love and hugs :people_hugging:

1 Like

Awww, always sad to lose a beloved pet, they really are family. Big hugs to you both :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

The Tory government’s recent mini budget, we are only just beginning to see the fallout from this misguided policy.

So sorry to hear that @Steve_Laura69, we lost three of our cats in the last 4 years :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

So sorry to hear that @Steve_Laura69 :sob: sounds like it was the best thing for the dog, just hurts sends hugs

1 Like

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet @Steve_Laura69 it is so difficult when we hsve to let them :heart:

My negative this week is a fallout with my fwb kinda filtered out as he was distancing himself from me. No reason it was always casual as such. On and off for about 16 years. Each time i say I’m done then i go back. I’m not upset that its done. Just upset annoyed with myself for going back time after time especially as i should know better at my age.

2 Likes

So sad, it’s like losing part of the family when they go :pleading_face:

Think the thing that’s upset me the most recently is Not having others write to me on their own accord… it’s become like I’m the one who’s initiating conversation with my friends and potential love connections… if I just leave it they won’t write :expressionless:
So this past week I’ve been testing the waters to see if I don’t write how long does it take for them to say anything and so far zilch :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Also I feel like I’m being neglected big time by someone I like who’s also reciprocated the same interest but yet when they do eventually write it’s like nothing has changed at all so I don’t get it as if they like you they’d make efforts to write more and even follow through with meeting right?!

2 Likes

Nothing lol

1 Like

16 years is a long time. It would be understandable if you were upset about it regardless of it being casual or not, this person was a part of your life and to lose the friendship is upsetting. Its really easy to keep going back to familiarity but if the relationship is no longer adding to your life then its in your best interests to let it go this time.

2 Likes

Oh @JoCat i whole heartly agree. If i was giving someone advice that is exactly what I would tell them. I don’t get much from it to be honest. Its more 80/20 the 80 beginning on my part. I don’t even know why i keep going back. Loneliness on my part perhaps. Thank you for your kind words :heart:

2 Likes

Loneliness drives us to people and sometimes those people make us feel even more lonely :black_heart:

I hope the break sticks this time, you deserve better than you’re receiving.

1 Like

Im going through this just now.
While i was on holiday my dog became unwell, hasnt ate for 4days (hes a lab, thats just unheard of)
I hobestly thought when i took him to the vet when i got back it was only me coming home.
He is recovering, but its slow he is 12 years old.

I dont see him making the rest of the year sadly.

Car insurance companies…
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
I’m so mad right now i don’t know whether to hit something repeatedly or get the scotch out…

1 Like

@Steve_Laura69 so so sorry to read this,that’s awful, I’ve lost so many dogs over the years and it doesn’t get any easier but to lose so many in such a short space of time must be absolutely heart breaking and I can’t even begin to imagine how you feel because I’ve mourned the loss of my dogs more than the loss of some colleagues, friends and family.

2 Likes

Ditto.

Yeah absolute knobs! Believe it or not it’s actually dearer to insure my car then my OH’s same but newer car because i put mine in the garage!
The reason being, i might scrape it reversing out. Here was me thinking it’s less likely to get nicked or vandalised in a secure garage!

1 Like

Yes this is true i believe more people claim on the insurance because of scraping the car when putting the car in the garage and i believe it also depends on the age of the person. Younger people’s insurance don’t seem to be high if they are putting it in the garage.

1 Like

Yes, it seems so stupid when i have been reversing out of this garage more or less daily for over 21 years!
Hope you’re ok @teacake not seen you around much lately! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@WillC Yes I’m fine thanks​:+1: i have been taking time off from social media plus been working some awkward times.

It’s crazy how insurance works i park mine in a private carpark but there is never a option for that and if i phone them up they say we will put it down as a public car park.

1 Like