Rant Thread - Get it all out here

Unfortunately in my experiences @Delightful87, most companies don’t give a damn about the people who work for them :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Rubbish! What are the consequences if you tell them you’re not coming in bc you’re potentially saving a life?

1 Like

It makes you realise some are only out for themselves. Its good you are willing to do so much for others. @Delightful87 Well done for that.

1 Like

I seldom bet @Deanna32 there is only 1 winner and that is the book maker. You should enjoy the experience but spend your money on food and drink at least then you are getting something for your money. Even better buy a toy from LH and you can have many a high point (if you get what I mean). Enjoy Cheltenham but don’t spend too much.

It’s a shame a lot of places of employment who ought to be altruistic are more concerned with the bottom line than the welfare of it’s employees and the wider population.

1 Like

I definitely don’t spend big. I’ve had a 50p bet a day :joy: my other half works in a bookies so I know to well who the winner are but I enjoy putting a bet on every now and then.

2 Likes

That’s good @Deanna32 I assume its the excitement of winning, I’m not up on horse racing is today the last day or does it carry on into tomorrow. Hopefully you will get a winner soon. How do you choose your winners, form, colour’s, trainer, look of horse, jockey. My mum use to bet only on the National and would only pick if Red was in the name.

No, unfortunately not accommodating at all!
I even explained during interview process that this is my ‘thing’ and I give a lot and would require time out for these kinds of things.
So frustrated!

4 Likes

That’s becoming very apparent @Knight1119! Just really frustrating. I try to give to society because you never know if/when you might need something.
I always try to do my bit, I give food to the homeless, I’m trying to set up a foodbank in my local small town, I volunteer at a charity shop every few weeks.
I try to show my children that we can ‘fill our cups’ by giving our time and energy to others.

3 Likes

If it comes to it that will be the line I use! Thanks @JoCat!

1 Like

That’s really nice @Delightful87, I try to help too, I donate to charities, food banks, I give to homeless people on the streets.

2 Likes

Aw thanks @steve19.
I always try to give to society because you never know if/when you will need it yourself.
If I’m willing to accept blood, stem cells and organs etc then I should be willing to offer mine to others! That’s how I see it though.
Just wish more people were accommodating to those of us who do :heart:

1 Like

Exactly this @WillC. It is really sad. I’m definitely a ‘giver’ in my society and community. It’s who I am and it’s something I enjoy. It’s a shame others can’t accommodate :frowning:
It makes it difficult for people to do the same!

1 Like

That’s brilliant @Knight1119! Well done you! So kind of you and shows you have a genuine heart :heart:

I’ve always been a ‘giver’ and nothing will change that but it is definitely frustrating. I am really fortunate that I don’t have to work, I choose to work. My husband earns more than enough for us to live on but I want to show my children that work ethic and that giving to our community is important. Well to me it is! Which makes it a harder pill to swallow!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Delightful87, it makes me feel good helping others, even when I feel very depressed, I always appreciate there are people worse off than me.

2 Likes

Absolutely! That’s why I started @Knight1119, when I was depressed I tried to find things that ‘filled the cup’ so to speak.
It is the way I show empathy for those worse off than myself.

I haven’t taken any medication for over 18yrs now and I regularly practice techniques I learnt in CBT and DBT to help me through.

It’s such a hard road to walk but remember, you are not alone :heart:

3 Likes

That’s really impressive @Delightful87, I’ve been depressed for all my adult life, I’ve never sought help, or taken tablets, but recently I was nudged into Counselling, I’ve had a few sessions now, but I’m not getting anything out of it, & it’s costly.

1 Like

I have had intense therapy. It really helped. If you can afford to stick with the counselling then I would recommend you do.
But remember you’re paying for that service so if you aren’t clicking with your counsellor then please consider changing to another therapist.
It’s important that the person you’re discussing your life with is the right person for you

2 Likes

The problem is that I know why I feel the way I do , talking about it isn’t making me feel any different.

3 Likes

Then I would say that it’s not counselling you need but therapy. Is that something you could explore?

I’m so sorry that life has been so hard for you. I wish you manage to find peace in the future :heart:

2 Likes