Really need some tips on this

So the Lovehoney bullet I ordered arrived this morning and I tried it out later in the afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but whatever I do just doesn't do much for me.I tried out all the settings and moved the bullet in different ways to stimulate me but it just felt nice, nothing that would be strong enough to help me achieve an orgasm.

What am I doing wrong? Cause now I'm paranoid that since I'm so used to masturbating manually that I won't be able to orgasm from a toy :(

You're buying the wrong toy.

Get the tango or the mimi

Sum Sub wrote:

You're buying the wrong toy.

Get the tango or the mimi

Can't afford something like that

If it is your first ever toy it may simply be you aren't used to it. I ordered my first vibe in March, had never masturbated at all before, and it didn't seem to do anything for me. A few months later, having tried out other toys, i figured out what position worked for me, and now, any vibe seems to be able to get me there. It really needs persevereance, and relaxation, for your first time there can be aprehension or nerves of what to expect, and if it doesn't happen the first time you already expect it to fail on subsequent tries, which makes it less likely. It took me weeks to first get to a point of feeling a very mild, begining of an orgasm feeling that only lasted for a second, which gradually worked up over a few weeks/months to mild orgasms, which then worked up to stronger orgasms. It took me a long time to work out HOW i needed it applied, and for me, direct application to the clitoris isn't what works. Give it a bit more time, and a few more tires, and if in a few weeks/a month of two it still isn't working for you, LH have an unbreatable returns policy.

VirginAngel wrote:

If it is your first ever toy it may simply be you aren't used to it. I ordered my first vibe in March, had never masturbated at all before, and it didn't seem to do anything for me. A few months later, having tried out other toys, i figured out what position worked for me, and now, any vibe seems to be able to get me there. It really needs persevereance, and relaxation, for your first time there can be aprehension or nerves of what to expect, and if it doesn't happen the first time you already expect it to fail on subsequent tries, which makes it less likely. It took me weeks to first get to a point of feeling a very mild, begining of an orgasm feeling that only lasted for a second, which gradually worked up over a few weeks/months to mild orgasms, which then worked up to stronger orgasms. It took me a long time to work out HOW i needed it applied, and for me, direct application to the clitoris isn't what works. Give it a bit more time, and a few more tires, and if in a few weeks/a month of two it still isn't working for you, LH have an unbreatable returns policy.

Thanks, that's really helpful :)

Sum sub, i don't agree at all that she's got the wrong toy, or that only really powerful expensive "luxury" vibes are guaranteed orgasms. It's more figuring out how to use it than buying something expensive with a ton of power to it. Power doesn't equal guaranteed orgasm, it's much more to do with technique and finding what works for you and your body.

Okay, so, don't expect anything. Then it can only get better, right?

Luuuuube. Lube makes most toys better, all silky and smooth. Make sure you use some.
Don't apply too much pressure, be varied but not too much blah blah.

It's kinda hard to give advice because everyone gets off differently. It may just be that clit stimulation isn't for you, and you need something that gets to your g-spot or for deeper penetration.
It may be- if it's the Dream Bullet- you're being a bit enthusiastic and poking yourself with the tip, which I can say from experience, hurts.

Practice is probably a good idea, if it's your first vibe you won't be used to the sensations and your body might not be quite sure how to react. Mix the vibe with using your fingers, and you'll get there.

And as Sub said, buy something else. It doesn't have to be superduper pricey, but a dildo or something, or an internal vibe, won't go amiss.

I agree that you should keep trying different things and see if you get anywhere. Try it in different places/different motions etc.

Saying that, it could also be that you just don't get along with the toy. If it doesn't feel any better after trying different things you can exchange it for something else.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10157 was my first vibrator, and I squirted one of the first times using it (my boyfriend was actually using it on me). Although I found it amazing from the start, it got better and better the more I learned what I liked. Its also pretty cheap :)

LibraLover wrote:

I agree that you should keep trying different things and see if you get anywhere. Try it in different places/different motions etc.

Saying that, it could also be that you just don't get along with the toy. If it doesn't feel any better after trying different things you can exchange it for something else.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10157 was my first vibrator, and I squirted one of the first times using it (my boyfriend was actually using it on me). Although I found it amazing from the start, it got better and better the more I learned what I liked. Its also pretty cheap :)

I didn't know you could exhange things, I thought it was just returning lol

Also that bullet I was looking at and it does seem interesting lol

fairehlights wrote:

Okay, so, don't expect anything. Then it can only get better, right?

Luuuuube. Lube makes most toys better, all silky and smooth. Make sure you use some.
Don't apply too much pressure, be varied but not too much blah blah.

It's kinda hard to give advice because everyone gets off differently. It may just be that clit stimulation isn't for you, and you need something that gets to your g-spot or for deeper penetration.
It may be- if it's the Dream Bullet- you're being a bit enthusiastic and poking yourself with the tip, which I can say from experience, hurts.

Practice is probably a good idea, if it's your first vibe you won't be used to the sensations and your body might not be quite sure how to react. Mix the vibe with using your fingers, and you'll get there.

And as Sub said, buy something else. It doesn't have to be superduper pricey, but a dildo or something, or an internal vibe, won't go amiss.

Well I wasn't poking it with the tip after I found that it was uncomfortable so I tried to mimic what my finger does when I manually rubbed my clit and it was better but still nothing mind blowing but I tried moving the tip of the bullet around in circles and I thought that was the most pleasurable

Kittycat102 wrote:

So the Lovehoney bullet I ordered arrived this morning and I tried it out later in the afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but whatever I do just doesn't do much for me.I tried out all the settings and moved the bullet in different ways to stimulate me but it just felt nice, nothing that would be strong enough to help me achieve an orgasm.

What am I doing wrong? Cause now I'm paranoid that since I'm so used to masturbating manually that I won't be able to orgasm from a toy :(

Ok. Silly question. Did you try putting a new battery in it? The ones they come with aren't always 100%.

It could be you need something more powerful, it could be you just need to get used to the feel of the toy. Why don't you try beginning with your usual technique and then add the toy in when you are close to finishing?

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Ok. Silly question. Did you try putting a new battery in it? The ones they come with aren't always 100%.

It could be you need something more powerful, it could be you just need to get used to the feel of the toy. Why don't you try beginning with your usual technique and then add the toy in when you are close to finishing?

Yeah I did since the one in it wasn't working and that's a good idea, I could try that. Is it a different experience using a bullet in the shower/bath?

VirginAngel wrote:

Sum sub, i don't agree at all that she's got the wrong toy, or that only really powerful expensive "luxury" vibes are guaranteed orgasms. It's more figuring out how to use it than buying something expensive with a ton of power to it. Power doesn't equal guaranteed orgasm, it's much more to do with technique and finding what works for you and your body.

It sounds to me like the OP has tried everything - I mean you wouldnt ask for advice unless you were stuck, right... Obviously since you don't need toys now you've overcome your psychological block you wouldn't appreciate the need to try something else. Anyway if I could live my LH time again I'd get rid of all the cheap shizzle and just get a tango, a MiMi, a rosa, a doxy a couple of glass dildos and shit loads of bondage kit. Well I mean i have all those anyway but I wish someone would have said to me 2 years ago don't bother with the cheap stuff just save up for the decent stuff. All those toys are powerful yes, but they also have lower settings and longevity.

Im the opposite! I have never managed to climax manually. Have you thought about the orgasm balms? I have this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18566 and the first time i used it was pretty meh but after a few goes it was amazing!

If you wanted you could send yours back and get the money off this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25367 Not sure which you have but i would recommend that set if its not too pricey. It also comes with a battery which is handy!

the balm feels like it isolates your clitoris and makes it more sensitive. I found that with the balm and by using a bullet lightly touching the clitoris i can come. Sometimes too much pressure kind of numbs it so it doesnt feel as good.

I would say dont give up! Ive also found bullets fab when used with something internally like glass dildos. The glass gives fullness and the bullet rubbed side to side over the clitoris, with plenty of lube feels amazing. If glass isnt your thing, maybe one of the cheap dildos (doesnt matter on price) so you have something inside to wiggle about while you use the bullet outside. Sometimes having something internal pushing on the clitoris from inside makes it more receptive to the outside stimulus. Or so i think!

eta dont know why my second link isnt working, its the swoon shimmy bullet and balm for £14.99

Make sure it's waterproof before you can take it to the bath and not just splash proof.

I agree with VirginAngel. Try it a few more times, I always had trouble getting off with a small bullet, as I had always been used to getting clit stimulation from fingers for years. It was a mini wand that worked for me, then the deluxe wand. I have now discovered my G-Spot, so I like to have both clit and G-Spot stimulation, so the slimeline rabbit worked great, until I got the Happy Rabbit 2.

Here are some links:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24632 - micro wand

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22097 - mini wand

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464 - deluxe wand

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22191 - slimline rabbit

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29418 - Happy Rabbit 2

It really is worth saving for toys a little more expensive, or keep a look out for the many offers and deals.

Good luck x

Sum Sub wrote:

Anyway if I could live my LH time again I'd get rid of all the cheap shizzle

Oh, if I had jsut bought my lelo earlier! How many wonderful orgasms have I missed out on?

Some things are cheap as a method of discovering what you like, then once you have experimented at reduced price splash out on the thing that gets your going. Definitely the expensive ones are worth it, I am just saying the cheap stuff if there for a reason.

Another thought, have you tried putting something between your hand and the bullet? Like a quilt or something? Or even placing the bullet on you and then moving it with the palm of your hand?

my main gripe with bullets is that when i hold them in my fingertips, i feel more of the vibes through my fingers than i do elsewhere! It kind of distracts me because im thinking that my fingertips feel numb and buzzy and thats all i think about. With an open palm rolling over it you dont get that sensation as much.

JM88 wrote:

Another thought, have you tried putting something between your hand and the bullet? Like a quilt or something? Or even placing the bullet on you and then moving it with the palm of your hand?

my main gripe with bullets is that when i hold them in my fingertips, i feel more of the vibes through my fingers than i do elsewhere! It kind of distracts me because im thinking that my fingertips feel numb and buzzy and thats all i think about. With an open palm rolling over it you dont get that sensation as much.

Hmm I noticed while I was using it that I felt mainly vibrations in my fngers than anywhere else so I could try that

Kittycat102 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Hmm I noticed while I was using it that I felt mainly vibrations in my fngers than anywhere else so I could try that

Its the advantage rabbits have because your hand doesnt come in contact with that bit, all the vibes are conventrated on your clitoris!

JM88 wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Its the advantage rabbits have because your hand doesnt come in contact with that bit, all the vibes are conventrated on your clitoris!

It could be my body trying to concentrate on my hand getting the pleasure rather than my clit lol