Recommend some lube?

This all may be a bit too much info sorry but I think context is everything.

It's my wife's birthday soon and I've bought her a Doxy Wand and also a silicone beginners butt plug. She's never been into anal but recently agreed to be a bit more adventurous and try so I saw this as an opportunity.
Anyway my plan is to spend some time giving her a massage using both hands and the Doxy before using the Doxy in some more intimate areas and convincing her the time is right (now she's relaxed) for the plug.
My question is, what lube? We already have some water based Durex 2in1 massage oil but I'm nervous that will be harmful to the Doxy. Then I thought I'd get some water based lube but I've usually found that to dry out too quick and will be no good for the butt plug. Is there a decent lube that won't dry quickly that I can use for both the doxy and a silicone butt plug?

Forget Durex! Awful lubes

Would recommend Lubido, Maximus, or Sliquid Sassy, in that order :)

Welcome btw!

Water-based lubricant is the best to use with silicone toys. Using silicone lubricant can degrade the material so I wouldn't recommend it. There are some longer-lasting water-based lubricants available and personally I'd avoid Durex because their lubricants are not that great (especially for women).

The lubricants I would recommend are Lovehoney Enjoy, Sliquid H20 or Yes Water-Based. If you want a thicker lubricant, then I'd get an anal specific one such as Lovehoney Discover or Sliquid Sassy.

Hi there, I would highly recommend Sliquid Sassy. I use this for everything, it has a great consistency and no chemical nasties :) x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11373

What benefit would having a thicker lubricant give me? Because I'm thinking I'll want lube for vaginal fun and lube for anal fun I was hoping to get one to do both as reading lube bottles to see which one to use in which circumstance during fun isn't the sexiest of ideas.

Okay, am I getting caught up in the "anal lube" label? Will an anal lube be suitable for use with the Doxy?

Also, does live make a good massage oil? 😂

Whilst I'm requesting advice, what's my plan like? Any flaws? Suggestions?

You can use anal lubricant for vaginal play too. I regularly use Sliquid Sassy for sex toys, vaginal sex and anal play, so yes, it's suitable with the Doxy. A thicker lubricant will give an added layer of comfort, which is especially important for butt plugs.

Sliquid sassy is labelled as an anal lube, but is fine used vaginally and doesn't dry up quickly. A good water based all rounder

Cool thanks guys. Wish I'd spoken to you sooner. I dithered about when ordering the butt plug and didn't order any but now I have to pay again for delivery 😩

I recently asked these beautiful people about lube. I thought Durex was the greatest...only because it was all I had ever tried. I bought Sliquid H2O and Sliquid Swirl. I bow to the wise community, A-MAY-ZING! Honestly it's like water, no irritation, leaves skin silky smooth. Love it.

I really like Tracey cox supersex lube. It's very slippery and not sticky at all.

The Maximus Anal lube is the best I have used. Its great value and lasts longer than the others I've tried

Slinkydog wrote:

Okay, am I getting caught up in the "anal lube" label? Will an anal lube be suitable for use with the Doxy?

Also, does live make a good massage oil? 😂

Whilst I'm requesting advice, what's my plan like? Any flaws? Suggestions?

Careful that some lubes made for anal play are silicone-based and they don't go well with silicone toys. Always use water-based lubes with toys.

Funny to hear that people don't like the Durex stuff. We've only every really used this and KY (which just seemed to dry out too quickly). The Durex Very Cherry seems to stay slippy for quite a bit and smells OK too. I'll try some of the other stuff though and see if I've been getting it wrong all these year.

ETA: Liquid Silk dried out on us, as did the Love Honey Enjoy one.

VenusAsABoy wrote:

Funny to hear that people don't like the Durex stuff. We've only every really used this and KY (which just seemed to dry out too quickly). The Durex Very Cherry seems to stay slippy for quite a bit and smells OK too. I'll try some of the other stuff though and see if I've been getting it wrong all these year.

I know lots of people who've had reactions to Durex because of their high glycerin content (including myself). Glycerin is not great for vaginas.

They have the most readily available lubricants though so it's easy to see why many people think that their lubes are great until they discover other brands. I'll take a natural lube over something artificial that makes me burn anyday!

Liquid Silk. Always.

I personally steer clear of anal lubes, specifically the desensitising ones. Especially if using for vaginal sex too. The tingling sensation is beyond uncomfortable!

Hi there,
We find this one is great and is water based so suitable for silicone toys but also brilliant for anal. It's long lasting during use, non sticky and a little goes a long way. I think it's part of one of the deals on here too 😊
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34768

Sliquid would be a good choice like many others recommended above whether using a sex toy or having sex with a partner. Or you may also try checking on the Lube section of Pleasure Top for effective advise.

Another vote for Sliquid or Yes! lube, because they do not contain parabens and glycerin and they are good for more sensitive women. Also they are waterbased so are safe to use with all types of toys. If you want bit thicker lube, then the Sliquid Sassy is a good choice.

If you want to use silicone and you have a silicone toy, these two may react depending on the quality, so I would do a test first before trying. But There are people round here who do use silicone lube with silicone toys.

+1 for Sliquid! Remember to use loads! Using two different lubes might not be a bad idea too, and might actually prove to be helpful :)