Regular sex with a good friend, good or bad idea?

@cfcmattyc perhaps if you feel like that already you shouldn’t try.

1 Like

I like clarity and honesty and transparency, if I don’t have that I get stressed, autistic life!!
I’m meeting her tonight to have “the chat”

1 Like

I slept with my female best friend when I was younger after a drunken night out. It was never the same again. We are still friends but we don’t talk as much as we used to maybe it’s cuz we are both married now and got the kids but it just didn’t feel the same. Just my experience.

Good luck with that;)

I’d say that you had better figure out what happens when you catch feelings. Because usually at least one of you will.

My GF and husband started as FWB when they were young. They both caught feelings, had a stormy relationship and breakup…and they are together again in their 30’s. Sex created so many years of drama, even though it ultimately ended well.

1 Like

There’s an old saying, “friends often make good lovers, but lovers seldom make good friends”.

My wife and I were great friends before we got together, and that brought great strength to our relationship. The friendship we had was a great foundation to build on.

Maybe you and this friend are in a similar situation?

But if not, it could go awry - as other members have noted.

We are all different though.

Many times, I have to remind myself to stop getting worried about what might go wrong, and start getting excited about what might go right.

This is the most personal choice you will make - getting between the sheets - I’m kind of old now, in my mid 50s, and in my own (limited) experience, sex makes a big difference to relationships, and emotions rarely stay out of it.

I’m sure there’s forum members with very different experiences and opinions though.

What do you think the other person is really looking for? Take care of yourself, and make sure you take care of them.

Good luck!

3 Likes

It depends. What normally seems to happen is one person gets more attached then the other person. Then someone gets their feelings hurt.

Just do it - explore fantasy and go there with her - still remain friends - but careful with the love aspect - friends with benefits does work -
Remember it’s fantasy for most

So how did the chat go?

1 Like