Reimbursment of handling fees post Brexit

Recently I got hit with an almost 30€ of assorted fees for an 80€ purchase. Since it left a sour taste in my mouth I contacted the help line asking if there was any plans for changing things and starting to ship from inside the EU and got told if I sent the fees’ receipt they would reimburse me. Now, aside from the fact that my country’s postal system doesn’t leave any receipt as you just pay cash in hand to the mailman I was wondering if this is going to be the new policy from now on or if it was a one-time goodwill gesture from the lovely contact I got in chat because if I have to spend so much in fees I’m sure I won’t be ordering anything else any time soon.

Do you not get a receipt off the mail man? Surely he could pocket the cash otherwise?

1 Like

Here in Ireland I’ve always gotten proof of customs (usually labelled on the box) since brexit came into play. Very shady from the postie! But that’s the sad reality of the UK leaving the EU for consumers of British companies outside the UK itself. No different to ordering from other non EU countries. We alas have to live with it.

1 Like

Same in Cyprus but duty was only 6 euro on 50 sterling, lovehoney reimbursed the postage but i did not bother about the duty because the postage reimbursment covered it, but i would claim if the cost was bigger. The only other problem was that i had ordered tablets so they had to go to a lab to be checked, they were cleared & we are now enjoying the results.