LH after Brexit?

Fortunately, so far nothing has changed, but what are LH's plans for selling to EU countries after Brexit (assuming it will happen)?

I imagine it's extremely difficult to fully prepare for as no one has any idea what sort of Brexit we are going to get if at all. I think it's going to have a long delay though so it gives businesses extra time to prepare for say a no deal Brexit. I think it will pretty much stay the same though for LH as the postal system will still be the same, just depends on if any extra import/export fee's are brought in and the possible cost implications on the consumer.

I think it's unlikely that it will be a completely free trade kind of deal. And I for one will not buy sex toys I can get from within the EU from outside it, risking import charges and customs officers putting their grubby hands all over my stuff... And if I want to return something, the trouble begins - starting with the form to fill in at the post office.

The way I see it LH would have to set up a subsidiary in an EU country. Which doesn't happen overnight and Brexit was supposed to have already happened... So I wonder whether they'll just give up on selling to the continent...

Any update in regards custom charges? Most retailers are sorting charges on their side, in other words the price a non UK customer sees on the site is what we pay, no additional charges. Unfortunately I won’t be using LH if I have to pay customs on top

1 Like

Hello and welcome @glaciem1regina :slightly_smiling_face:

I think Customer Care may be able to help you more with that question. I think some people have had their custom duties refunded, but it seemed more like a gesture of goodwill than a blanket policy.

1 Like