Remote control toy

Hi all

Around May last year i came here for advice on a first toy purchase for my partner. We wanted something that i could control so it was a choice between a remote egg or the remote "bullet in knickers". After reading a lot of stuff on here, we gave up on the knickers plan as they seemed to only work for a select few people, with most people saying they didnt sit right, were way too loud for public use, or just didnt really vibrate that well.

We ended up with this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22840

Needless to say, she enjoyed it. Got her in the mood and didn't do much more for her, but that was enough to make her love it.

However, after 2 or 3 uses, it just died on us. Unfrtunately until today, i just presumed that given what it is, a return would be impossible. I also decided to take it apart and do the usual man thing of break it even more whilst pretending to try and fix it... just to make sure it was properly broken, and she wasn't lying to me :P

So i decided for xmas i'd buy something else. She's also adament that she wants something we can use together in public. Personally i just don't think she had gotten enough out of the last egg to be ready to try something new, but i shall not complain, it had its perks...

I was originally going to buy the same thing again as it seemed to work well enough. I then started looking around and ended up staring at a bunch of weirdly shaped toys trying to imagine how half of them "went in" (most noteable the we-vibe toy, which had me perplexed for a while until i saw the diagram on the main wevibe site), and my mind just got a confumbled with all the different choices for all the different types of toys.

I don't really want to spend more than £60 on a toy, and it has to be remote. Would you recommend going for the same thing, or are there better variants tried and tested to be better since my last purchase?

Although since its xmas, i'm getting more and more tempted to splash out on the we-vibe 4. Probably much more fun than a tablet computer. Decisions, decisions...

After many hours of searching and looking at threads, i've narrowed it down to two toys.

We-Vibe 4: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28703

Lelo Lyla 2: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25533

Can anyone provide any any experienced help with making a final decision. I kind of like the we-vibe 4 with it being able to be used/left in alongside penetration, and the clitoral stimulation it supposedly provides.

But all the comparison threads ive found (albeit for the we-vibe 3, not 4) say the lelo is better...

Hi just wanted to leave you a little comment to aknowledge that people are seeing this! I don't have any experience in using remote controlled toys myself but I'll try to help.

The we-vibe has the advantage of being able to be used during sex so you'll probably get more use out of it.

But it it's just an egg type toy you're after, how about this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22202 - and it's in the 3 for £50 offer so you could add 2 more items.

Hi,

we have a WV4 and love it,

it is small enoug to fit comfortably in during sex, a has a nice little remote for changing patterns aswell as intensity.

however...... I don't think it's what your after, it's not really designed to be used like a remote egg. The signal isn't as good, and you can't easily turn it on/off with the remote.

we have tried, and as yet have failed.

we would definitely recommend the WV4 but you have found our only criticism.

hope this helps

Thanks for the replies.

I was quite interested in the WV4 because of it being able to be left in, along with the clitoral stimulator. However the requirement for my OH to have to stick her hand down there to turn the remote control feature on if it times out, and the poor signal ended up putting me off (which is a shame really, as i was hovering over the buy button for a long time, if they can nail the signal strength and find a way of keeping the remote feature constantly active - possibly a button which turns off the time out feature so people can choose if thats how they want to use it - then i think the WV5 will be next on my list).

To that end, I'm currently hovering over the Lelo buy link. We've tried the cheaper egg style one before, and my OH described it as a "nice subtle vibration" on full. So i was thinking, since we have tried and tested this style... the rechargeable, more expensive model might be a good bet as it should be more powerful.

However it is of course one of the most expensive remote eggs you can buy. If it's worth the money in comparison to cheaper models then its fine, but i wonder if the extra £50 or so over the price of most eggs, is really worth it. It's going to be her main xmas present so spending a little extra on it is fine, but no one likes to spend twice as much for something with just a popular brand label slapped on it.

I hate being presented with choice, im far too indecisive :P

Hiya - I have this one and it is really good - the remote is brilliant because you can see what is happening the whole time. I have a review posted on there too :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26480

Thanks Scorpius. Now im torn between that one and the lelo. Slowly getting turned off by some reviews on the lelo's. Main thing being that the remote seems to be very loud, and the general concensus is to have the remote vibrate feature off, which was one of the major features for me, as i found with the midnight egg i had first time round, that identifying what mode it was in, or even if it was one or off was impossible (i accidentally thoguht i had switched it off, instead i had left it on whilst my OH sat for an hour eating her pasta in a very busy restaurant... needless to say her hints trying to tell me i hadn't turned it off like i thought, didn't really work.

So if the lelo loses the ability to tell me what mode it's in without looking at it. It essentially becomes a potentially more powerful egg (not sure how much more powerful than the adrian/midnight/tracy cox ones though, which would be a fantastic comparison right now if anyone has tried the lelo and other cheaper eggs), and nothing really more than that (ok i lose the waterproof bit which my OH seemed interested in, but i can live without that feature).

I did look at the tracey cox one. However it seems the general consensus is that even inserted, it is a little too loud. The 3 items for £50 offer doesnt really sell it to me either, as i couldn't find 2 other items in the range that i really wanted to try, i'd just be buying them because there cheap in the offer, more so than there something we really want to try.

So currently i think i've dismissed the more expensive lelo and wevibe toys as they just don't seem refined enough for their price tag, and i think my current choice is the Adrein Lastic toy, seems to be an upgrade from our previous one, and due to the mid-range price tag, i can be a little more forgiving with it.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Or has anyone tried the midnight egg i linked in my first post, and also tried the Adrein Lastic one, how do they compare?

I have the following remote toys I love them all for their own right the more you spend I found the better the toy I have the following - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25533

Love this as it a couple toy http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22834

This is a good starter http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22202

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hiya - I have this one and it is really good - the remote is brilliant because you can see what is happening the whole time. I have a review posted on there too :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26480

We have this one too. It's good, but we went to use it last night for only the second time, and it wouldn't work. I had a play about with it later and worked out that the battery in the remote was flat. I had removed the batteries from the toy after the previous use, as recommended in reviews/forum posts, but didn't think I'd need to remove the controller ones too.

This is so helpful! Really hoping santa will bring me (a quiet) remote one too.

L989 wrote:

Main thing being that the remote seems to be very loud, and the general concensus is to have the remote vibrate feature off, which was one of the major features for me, as i found with the midnight egg i had first time round, that identifying what mode it was in, or even if it was one or off was impossible (i accidentally thoguht i had switched it off, instead i had left it on whilst my OH sat for an hour eating her pasta in a very busy restaurant... needless to say her hints trying to tell me i hadn't turned it off like i thought, didn't really work.

This has been my main issue on getting the eggs as well. Some controllers just don't give enough signal if it is on or not. Very annoying.

I am eager to hear what you are getting her and how it worked out for you. As I have been interested to get one as well. I used to have an egg, but threw it away in a box somewhere after a similare night as yours.