Restraints or no restraints - discuss

What makes restraints great? I like when my partner obeys me voluntarily, him on his knees, some face slapping with his hands at the back without tied up.

Restraints just take quite some time up to set up and adds to storage problems.

What do you think? Should we add restraints to our collection?

1 Like

As a sub, i feel at home restrained by my Dom. My body fully at his mercy to do with as he pleases. I personally wouldnt feel fulfilled without ours and we have lots of different types. Everyone is different though and kink is customisable to every couple.

2 Likes

I love being restrained in any way.

The feeling of being completely at her mercy. I particularly love being restrained and ignored or left alone (she never leaves the immediate vicinity though).

1 Like

Some people like the feeling of being restrained, and that more genuine feeling of lack of control than voluntary lack of control - if that makes sense (though they’re both voluntary and consensual, or course).
Also, from simply a visual perspective, I find restraints to be a turn on.
They just add another different bit of spice for when you fancy it, and can be used in addition to voluntarily submitting. It doesn’t have to replace it

2 Likes

No harm in giving it a try I’d say :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Under-bed restraint sets are a convenient way to get started and don’t have much storage or time commitment outside of the initial setup. We just tuck ours back under the mattress after every use. They may not get used often, but they’re ready to go when needed. We’ve had ours for over 10 years and only just recently upgraded the cuffs from velcro that was all getting worn out to a leather buckled set from LH.

Here’s one similar to the set we’ve used forever.

And then here’s the Dominix ankle and wrist cuffs we recently added - they look and feel so much sexier and more secure!

What everyone else says about the “why” sounds good. I’m not sure I have much to add to that at the moment, but maybe I’ll think of something.

1 Like

I’ll second what everyone else has said.
But I would see how your partner feels about it and just give it a try if he is up for it.

Personally my partner would probably fidget too much to voluntarily keep his hands somewhere - they’d end up on my ass probably, he’s too switchy and the game would be over before it started. He’s loved when I’ve tied him up before but it is predominantly me who gets restrained.
I’ve asked him what he gets out of seeing me tied up and he said he loves the visuals and the dynamic it brings as well like the ultimate control and trust. Plus he knows how much I like it.
Yeah it’s an extra step but it’s worth it imo and the ritual of them going on is important for me as I move in to a submissive mindset.
When it’s him tied up, there something about a grown ass man with muscles handing over that level of control and trust to me as well as the look of rope over muscle or how his triceps look with his arms held behind his back etc etc. I’m not naturally dominant and he is not naturally submissive so I don’t do any of the slapping or typical domme stuff, but seeing him squirm from something I’m doing to him feels and looks amazing.
So yeah imo they are definitely worth it

2 Likes

I enjoy restraints as it takes away any choice in situations but i also have personal restraint where i will happily keep myself in a submissive position without being physically restrained