Returning items question

This might seem like a silly question. But i am quite shy so to me it's not!

If I want to return something, do I have to take it to the PO counter? As they always always ask me what is in my parcel. I have no idea what I'd say? I thought about saying 'toy' and not specifying further but even that can invite further questions.

Alternatively if it fits in a post box with the pre paid label can I just post it in there?

I changed my mind about something but I'm guessing it's too late to cancel now so I'm trying to figure out how to return it without losing my marbles in the post office

You'll want to get proof of postage in case it goes missing.

As long as it has the weight on the proof of postage you could always say it was clothing?

Most of the time I find they don't tend to ask, but if they do I always say it's books/DVD's etc - depending on the shape. If it's lingerie, then I just say clothing :) xx

I usually just go up and say it's a return, they don't usually ask when it's a return. But be primed if they do ask, "nothing expensive, just some shoes that didn't fit." Something like that would be fine I would think.

Just say 'a big fat dildo' and watch them squirm. 😂

Stuburns wrote:

Just say 'a big fat dildo' and watch them squirm. 😂

![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes")

I just said "I'm returning items I bought online" and they asked no more questions. I kind of wish I'd gone with what Stuburns said though 😂

Does Royal mail really ask? ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) Thank for the mercy the Czech Post did not ask when I returned the parcel to LH ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

In the past I've told them that my parcel contained electrical items.

But when the staff have to input the postcode into the computer they must know where its going?!?

My postman all know by the shape of the boxes and the return address exactly what sort of things I've been buying.

I love seeing the post trolley parked at the end of my driveway containing more then 1 of the boxes lovehoney use.

The French post people generally don't ask either, but as the return label clearly says "Lovehoney" I preferred to take the parcel to the nearest town. Where they guy at the counter did not give any indications of even having looked at the address, much less recognizing it.

Truthful neutral answers to "What's in it?" would be "toys" if its sextoys, or "clothing" for lingerie.

When I returned my items in the past for an exchange, I didn't expect to be asked about the items! At the spur of the moment, I truthfully told them that they were toys. To my horror, I was then asked to clarify what kind of toys they were. (It's like a nightmare coming true).

Thankfully, I was using a Nerd Block box to ship them and this other staff chimed in and told his colleague that they were collectible action figures which I promptly agreed with. /wipes sweat off forehead.

Since then, I've taken a page from his book and simply call my dildos collectible toys. Which I guess isn't far from the truth at all, since I do tend to collect them.

xD

I think it was my first return and a young guy at the post office (mind you, on continental Europe) asked what was in the (larger sized) box. I answered "toys" and he too inquired further asking "children's?"... I then replied: "Definitely not! Adults'!" That was embarrassing, but you do survive... :)

era wrote:

I think it was my first return and a young guy at the post office (mind you, on continental Europe) asked what was in the (larger sized) box. I answered "toys" and he too inquired further asking "children's?"... I then replied: "Definitely not! Adults'!" That was embarrassing, but you do survive... :)

Haha that tickled me 😝