What do you tell the post office when you return stuff?

So I'm thinking of returning a few of my recent purchases but my post office now asks what is in parcels due to not being allowed to post batteries/nail varish ect. So given one of my items are rechargable what do you say if asked?

Also has anyone ever retuyrned underwear? I have returned stuff before but not since 2014 and that was just an expensive toy I wasn't keen on.I bought a crotchless underwear set and it's shockingly uncomftable. it was only £15 so I'm tempted to just keep it but at the same time i've seen some lovely sets recently for not much more. So i'm tempted to return them for something else.

There was a thread on this a while back. They aren't supposed to act for the direct contents so something along the lines of "nothing prohibited" is fine

Last time I actually told them "sex toys' they looked at me in utter shock, to be honest I was in shock myself for letting it come out my mouth.

No doubt they think I'm pulling their leg 😂.. little do they know

Aren't supposed to ask*

Mine do ask what's in it tho. Lol delboy they have a wee old man working in mine, wonder if i can give him a heart attack lol

The easiest is toys! Some toys have batteries!

But if your feeling brash, just say what it is?

You can just say novelty items but as long as you are not sending anything that is prohibited they do not need to know. 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/688749-embarrasment-at-the-post-office/

The above thread may help clarify more. Also a Post office worker confirmed: "If it's prepaid, we don't have to ask." 

Thank's leanne and louise, it is toys after all ;) I Think they are just nosey.

On a side note my postman left my lovehoney order next door and put a winky face on the card. Now i get lots of parcels left next door or in my safe place and he has never done that before....So i'm guessing he's a customer :)

MrandMrsAndy wrote:

Thank's leanne and louise, it is toys after all ;) I Think they are just nosey.

On a side note my postman left my lovehoney order next door and put a winky face on the card. Now i get lots of parcels left next door or in my safe place and he has never done that before....So i'm guessing he's a customer :)

I love that. I often say to captain of someone knows who secret phrase is they obviously buy from them so I'm not worried lol. I've never been asked. The first thing I sent back was 2 vibrators when they accidently sent me 3. I sent captain in with that one lol 😁

I've returned stuff before and wasn't asked but that was before post got strict. I was asked sending something to my sister a few months ago.

You could always say "A good time for some, but not for me..." and wink

Tiger Dick wrote:

You could always say "A good time for some, but not for me..." and wink

Yeah I'm def gonna give that wee old man a heart attack lol

Think I'll stick with toys :)

Mine always ask too. I just say "toys" then they will ask about batteries. It did catch me off guard the first time it happened...

Never been asked when returning to LH, but if I send sex toys as part of a giveaway, I just tell them, I'm not embarrassed and luckily the staff didn't seem too bothered.

Try taking a flight away for a weekend with the wife and a case half full of toys and underwear. Guess who got their case opened and searched at x-ray. So having a laugh, even funnier after a few beers being asked any reason why we shouldn't search your case do you have anything to hide? Well yes I said but you're welcome to have a look I'm sure the x-ray gave you an idea! Think they thought we'd be embarrassed it was them. One old lady asked what's this so I said rather loudly that's vibrating anal beads she was confused and very shy, especially after I asked would you like me to explain anything else for you! Staff behind were almost crying with laughter I think they put her up to it! I say have a laugh what can anyone do!

I haven't returned anything except lingerie to Lovehoney, and on that occasion they asked and I said "clothing". I also returned a mobile phone recently to another company and was asked what it was and if there were batteries in it. So it has crossed my mind if they would ask the same questions if I happened to be returning a rechargeable vibrator. I decided I would tell them exactly what it was. Serves them right for asking questions they shouldn't, and I suspect they'd be more embarrassed about it than me!

I often get big smiles from the posties. :)

I normally just use the customary 'clothing' reply too.

I am pretty sure all PO workers will recognise the returns address and will have a pretty good idea about contents.

One day I will just shout out 'it's a 10 inch dildo' just for the hell of it!!!

Xxx

I've never yet been asked about the contents of my returns parcels by post office staff but if they did I'd just front it out and tell them .
By the way , I'm sure our postie knows where my parcels have come from as he always gives me a ' knowing look ' and a wink when he hands them to me !

Here in Spain, I am always asked about the contento of the parcel. The last time I said clothing and toys, but I was shocked when they asked me ablut the weight of the them and ths number of items of each type...

I hate when they ask that, whu do they have to be so nose?

Last time I said: "who cares, is nothing dangerous and it's been paid anyway!". The man at the PO looked and said "Ok, ok, no need to be nervous". And that made me nervous. Next time they ask I'll say "toys".