Returns For refund

i recently bought car part online from a large company that also has shops scattered around the country. Firstly I wasn't happy with the part. I was under the impression I was buying an OE (original equipment) part. Infact what I received was a cheap replacement part or 3rd part part. I could have got one of those myself and a lot cheaper than I paid for this part.
Anyhow I sent the part back recorded, tracked delivery. It was signed as received on Tuesday morning and as yet have not had a refund in my PayPal account. I have even messaged the seller to which they haven't replied. I have sent them a message today saying if I have no response by the end of today I will open a dispute and have no choice but to leave bad feedback.
Question I'm asking really is when should I see a refund once the part has been signed as received?

Does the seller state on their profile what their procedure is re: refunds? If they accept returns, they should clearly state what their returns and refund policy is. I typically expect a minimum 2 working days from receipt of item to a refund being processed. LH for example - the returns / refunds i requested were all processed within 7 working days after the receipt of the returned item but I know it varies from store to store - although it seems eBay stores are a law unto themselves.

Sorry, I don't even know why I said eBay - ignore the eBay part!

They don't give a time scale for a refund being given. They do give 30 days to return the item for refund though. The most annoying part is the non communication. Not usually that pushy especially if there is some communication but if they can't be bothered to do that it gets my back up.

Oh yeah totally understand that - but if they state 30 days then just need to be patient. Do they have Twitter or facebook? Calling them out on social media usually gets a faster response!!

Will go have a look David. Hopefully it won't come to that.

They usually have 14 days to actually process the refund after receiving the return, so opening a case this early would just be hassling them and would probably not help. I would just wait for them to get back to you and if no answer by the start of next week, get on their case. You are garunteed your money back anyway through paypal even if they don't respond, so may as well give them a chance. Tis the Christmas period after all!

They haven't responded to a single message I have posted. Firstly asking questions about returns and refunds. Communication was great when enquiring about the product. Plus it's quite a lot of money which I would prefer back in my account seeing as I have also purchased the correct part elsewhere. After all it is Xmas and my account has been battered as it is 😉

I think we are spoilt with lovehoneys delivery and returns policy. Communication is superb here through every aspect. Something they should be very proud of.

I've had the same problem with a company, been contacting them every other day for a week about an order where they have me 40% of the stuff I paid for! every time it was "yeah I'll send a note to the warehouse" emailed them very formally last night after I promised a return phone call which I never got. Email this morning saying "I can confirm it's been sent" a day before the deadline I'd given them -_- well see.

this is the problem with shopping online, there's nothing you can do.

Certainly doesn't make for good trading. I certainly won't be using this company again. I'm an engineer and used to seeing materials/products. We also work to BSI so a lot of things my company manufacture are certified. This product was in a box from a reputable supplier but the box had 3 different part number stickers on. The part itself was supposed to be manufactured as an original equipment part but to me it was a cheap replica boxed in a legit box. I even thoroughly checked I was getting an OE part. There website said it was also. The price they charged was certainly for an OE part. Once I have a refund I will certainly be reporting them. I have pictures of the part I removed. The true part I then put on and the part they sent. You can easily see the quality difference. With this being a brake calliper for a powerful car there was no way I was gonna put such a cheap part on.

I have my refund. They sent it at close of play today. They also sent an apology. Funny how they can do it just as easy as that.