Reviews and timescales

Hi all, I submitted my first review today and I understand they must be read before going live and not all are used. So was just wondering if someone who has done this before could tell me what to expect? Do you receive an email to say it will be used or do you normally just stumble over it? I thought I wrote a fairly decent review but hey maybe I was kidding myself! ;) Thanks in advance

You should receive an email to say your review has gone live, I imagine it will be tomorrow that you'll get it x

Thanks Cornish :) x

Lovehoney publish all reviews so you should get an email letting you know your review has gone live within around 24hours. If you submitted it today it will most likely go live tomorrow and will show up on your profile.

Great thanks PPD :) Strange thing to be looking forward to but Im just enjoying all the aspects of this site

Thanks AA :) At least now I can relax and will keep an eye on emails. I seemed to have developed a small obsession with the site probably due to the community it has created, never came across anything quite like it!

Plus I'd quite like to rise through the ranks and get off the Cadet status!

LOL AA that is an impressive amount of posts!! Just tried writing another review for a different item and it seems I cant have completed the first one correctly! So at least Ive worked that one out now and will re-submit the first one. grrr at the dastardly net gremlins!

To be honest I cant remember what the next page was once I completed the review but I checked my profile after and it was still sitting at 0 reviews so I wondered if that would change once it had been checked. As nothing had changed all day I thought I should ask (ie this thread) and it wasnt until I submitted a different review I seen that it showed up straight away (but still awaiting approval). Ive just re-submitted it again and both reviews are showing up so Im guessing it was more my connection or something rather than a glitch but maybe something to be aware of.

I have a question about reviews but don't know where to ask so i'll pop it in here. Can you do a review on an item about how good it works / feels even if you didn't get it from here but it is the same item... i.e I got my first bullet some years ago (defo over 6), the shop was gone a year later. It is just a bog standard one speed bullet which every and any sex shop sell... Is it wrong to put a review?

I know that this sound rude but it is a genuine quiestion so please noone go mad

Thanks in advance

If Lovehoney stocks the EXACT same item - then I can see no reason why you can't review it on here..... afterall Lovehoney are simply trying to expand the wealth of knowledge and reviews that their products receive...

If it's not EXACTLY the right item on LHoney though, then don't post a review of a similar item, that wouldn't be helpful.

Thanks, I wanted to ask before doing it because I don't want to do the wrong thing... I like it on here :)

And it is the exact same right down to it being silver with a purple washer band and purple button... It is the Rocks Off Ammunition RO-80mm Bullet vibrator...

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Yeah, WildThing is right. I have reviewed a couple of products that Lh sell that I got elsewhere in the past. They have no problem with it. x

Thank you AA

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Thanks, I wanted to ask before doing it because I don't want to do the wrong thing... I like it on here :)

And it is the exact same right down to it being silver with a purple washer band and purple button... It is the Rocks Off Ammunition RO-80mm Bullet vibrator...

I think that would be fine then - make sure you look at the Guidance for posting a review before you submit it.... :)

I will do, Thank you for your help you two :)

Pleasure...... :)

Well I have done it! No mention of the place or price just how good it was and is for me!

1st review, yay! Again thank you

I can't review my lh products yet as they are due next week!

I am pretty sure that reviews of items bought somewhere else happen very offten, especially with things like condoms or lubes, especially with brands like Durex, which you can get almost everywhere. I would just not mention in the review where I bought it from.

Hey peeps, All the advice you've been given here is correct, except one thing... Generally speaking, if you upload a review on a Friday, Monday would be the absolute soonest you would see it go 'live' on the site. This is because we manually upload each review, after checking it for spelling and grammar errors and / or removing profanities. As we're not here over the weekend, we tend to pick this up on a Monday and get your review live ASAP. Thanks again for all your reviews, they really are so helpful!

I put my latest review up on Wednesday about a vibrator, Its been accepted and put live but i cant see it when i go to the product page (Its just showing the last one since 2012)?

Sorry for being a pain, Im just a bit of a fruit checking my spellings fine and it looks "ok".