Royal Blue male vibrator wont charge?

Recieved a Royal Blue male vibrator today from Lovehoney and have had it on charge for several hours. It started to flash soon after I put it on charge, then the light went off after a while. Held power button down for several seconds after several hours on charge as instructions said and it still wont work. Any advice? Also, should I charge from a phone charger on the mains or a PC or laptop. Instructions dont say?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Trev2 :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t have this toy (actually, I’ve just ordered it now I’ve seen it :slightly_smiling_face:), but it sounds like it charged okay. This is going to sound obvious, but did you try just quick-pressing the button rather than long-pressing? And this toy also has a travel lock, so there’s a chance you’re activating that too.

I charge all of mine using the cable that comes with each toy, and a regular 1 amp plug adaptor (though I think one of them might be a 1.5? No issues so far with either).

If it really is buggered Customer Care will sort you out. :+1:

Thanks for the reply Ian. Instructions say hold main power button for 2 seconds and then click again for different modes. Ive tried that and nothing! Travel mode on/off activated by holding both buttons down for 2 seconds. Tried that multiple times and nothing! Ive now tried quick pressing the power button and still nothing! I’m going to leave it charging overnight and check in the morning, but this may be going back unfortunately!

1 Like

Ah, I always cross my fingers for a simple fix. It’s disappointing when you just want to play with your new toy.

It may be a little late, but if there’s a magic button trick to it I’ll let you know when mine gets delivered in a couple of days. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Try using the USB with an actual charging block. Sometimes the wattage put out by a computer USB may only be enough to light the charging LED, appearing to be actually charging and only flashing the light, not having enough real voltage to kick start the charge process. If they are super dead they may need an overnight charge with a real connection to a power source charger.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll certainly try that.

Ooh, looks great at the price it is.

One of the reviews mentions they had problems getting the charge cable plugged in so maybe it’s a poor connection on the toy end and a wiggle and careful positioning might help? We don’t have this toy but normally lights flash when charging then stay permanently on once fully charged rather than switching off so it does sound like a poor connection (though normally toys arrive at least semi charged anyway, did it have any vibration life before you plugged it in to charge?)

1 Like

I find with some toys the first charge can be a pain and it says it’s full when it isn’t :woman_facepalming: Maybe make sure it’s blinking charging for at least an hour (up to 2), as sometimes toys say they’re full on the first charge when they aren’t (you might have to unplug and replug it several times) :woman_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately the light isnt on and its been charging all night! I did have trouble plugging in initially as it needs a certain angle but it seems to click now when the plug connects, so I’m assuming its connected properly. You are supposed to hold the power button for 2 seconds to put it into standby mode, but it just stays silent! I will persevere but it sounds like I will need a replacement! I will need to hold my frustration as I was looking forward to using this!

If your not getting any lights when you plug it in to charge whether it has charge in it already or not you’ve got a problem with the electrical circuit. Sounds like a case for customer care and a replacement but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait in the end! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’d contact customer service to query this as might be a fault with the item.

Mine arrived earlier. Sadly, there is no special button trick I’m afraid.

But here’s the details if anyone else is interested:

I popped it on to charge (using the included cable and a 1 amp USB plug adaptor), and it flashes while charging and goes solid when full (as @Peitho predicted). Then a 2 sec press of the power button turns it onto standby (the buttons light up), and a second, quick-press of the power button gets it going. The second button activates the extra pulsating feature at the tip end.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/male-sex-toys/male-masturbators/p/lovehoney-royal-blue-rechargeable-silicone-male-vibrator/a45714g82309.html

Hopefully you’ve been in contact with Customer Care in the meantime and got yourself a replacement. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like