Royal Wedding Love Ring

What does the OA think of this? Perhaps I'm cynical but I think whoever made it is just jumping on the (admittedly lucrative) bandwagon. I could be wrong: maybe it is by royal appointment! I have say that Lovehoney has gone down in my estimation for selling it: do they really think peeps are going to be swayed by such things?

[Sorry if this topic has been debated elsewhere: tried to use the forum search but find it so difficult to pinpoint this that I gave up]

W

Have to admit - as much as I love Lh - I HATED this idea.

I just thought it seemed a bit cheap. For a start I couldn't give an arse about the Royal Wedding but I guess it is a lucrative money making exercise and Lh is a business!

Jumping on the bandwagon is right, but some people do actually buy these things because they're commerative/etc.. i don't get it!

That said... save one of these for a few generations and i'm sure they'll be collectors will pay a small fortune!

Well.. I don't see it as Lovehoney getting "tacky" or anything. I mean, a lot of the products aren't always to some individual's tastes. And what's this about swaying people? They either like it or don't.

They also did the england egg vibe for the England world cup. Didn't see an issue with it. I think it's good they keep upto date with current affairs. I, personally, thought it was amusing.

I viewed it as a toungue-in-cheek item and more of a joke, so what if they jumped on the bandwagon, supermarkets have a hell of a lot more tacky items for sale. I couldn't give two hoots about the wedding (good luck to them they are gonna need it) and wouldn't buy anything connected to it but there are people who will love things like this. Who knows it may bring some publicity Lh's way as an alternative wedding themed item.

Yeah i think its just funny, i bought a lovering when it was for the general election lol. it was just a basics one but with a nick clegg card or something? i don't know, its just for a laugh, everywhere is making money from it, primark have mens t shirts with things on them about the royal wedding, everywhere is doing it!

VW x

I don't really care about all the wedding hub hub, but I did have a chuckle at the "royal wedding ring" pun. It's a nice idea to connect sex toys (which usually people see as strange or exotic) with something as "mainstream" as this wedding. It's a tasteful item, a lovely blue, but I wouldn't be getting it.

I also don't really care about the royal wedding, wouldn't buy this cock ring but i can see it as being a tounge in cheek product and something with gains LH publicity

I think it's kind of amusing. I'd rather buy this than a mug or a flag any day!

If this is a joke, it's in very poor taste.

Not my sort of thing at all.

Just seems like a TC ring repackaged... in which case, I'm not sure why someone would choose the Royal Wedding-themed one over the classier standard packaging. Er, that's pretty much the one main situation in which I would really rather not be thinking about the monarchy...

xx

Lie back and think of England, eh?

Mr Monster wrote:

Lie back and think of England, eh? External Media

omg. I just spilled my tea. External Media

:-) I consider it more of a post-modern statement on shameless Royal Wedding merchandise. It helps me feel less....treasonous!

The description of the ring is meant to be a satire of those collectable ornaments you see advertised in magazines. It's not going to be our best ever selling product, but it has got a lot of folks visitiing our website, which is always nice.

People just need to lighten up and develop a sense of humour i think! What's the big deal?? It's funny!! Every single retailer will make money where they can, it's how they keep a business running with no obligation to decencey or tact, It's business. I'd buy this product just for the giggle factor, really don't care if i'm earning the Royals an extra fiver.

But, Prince Harry is the fit one, so stick his mug on a cock ring and i'd be more inclined to buy it :)

Definitely. Struck me as more a tongue in cheek poke at the bandwagon-leapers who are in all seriousness marketing everything from sticker books to condoms as 'collectors' pieces'. At least this is a solid product in its own right: it does seem to be a direct clone of the TC ring, just in a different colour, and had it been added without the wedding-related packaging or blurb, it would have been a well received variation. It's closer to adding a joke "lol it's teh wedding merch, srius!" tag onto an existing product, which I like as a joke better than creating something that's very much for the wedding bandwagon and for that alone.

Oh, and it does also give me a certain amount of pleasure thinking of all the compulsive collectors who will HAVE to buy this just because, and who are the types who would never have even uttered the phrase 'cock ring' otherwise.

Oh I saw THAT! and thought it was really, really funny.

the merchandise is always tacky (....er, ...not the best word choice considering...) for royal weddings etc, etc. I had it down as an ironic piss-take type thing. made me and the OH laugh. very good :)

Do u think peeps will think HRH Wills will use this on his wedding night?

W

I think it's funny, and a bit of a p!ss take of the many people who are producing merchandise for the wedding.

It's not for me, only because I got a couples kit recently that had the same/similar cock ring in, but Lovehoney gave me a chuckle when I got my e-mail to announce it, and I think it shows the staff/designers have a good sense of humor!

Personally, I can't even contemplate the idea of Wills using this But I hope Lovehoney have sent him a complimentry one anyways!!!

MrsPx