Sale - duration?

Does anybody know how long the current sale will last?

There's almost always some bits in the sale area, most of the time it lasts until stock is reduced or gone of the selected sale items.

Yes, there's always some sort of special offer, but the "up to half-price" sale came on a few weeks after I discovered Lovehoney, and at the same time the "3 for x" offers began to be very well hidden. I thought the "up to half-price" sale might be at the same time as end-of-summer sales in other stores - but as I don't live in England I have no idea when these sales are on.

I received a email today saying that it ends on the 8th Sept at midnight.

X

Thanks! That helps!

unsure

Well, fortunately the sale I wanted to profit from did not end last midnight :) I decided to risk it because I really, really did NOT want another LH Powerful Pocket Vibrator, not even for free (last week's deal. This week it's FSOG Kegel Balls, and whereas I would never buy anything from the FSOG line - on priciple, stopped reading the book on page 4 -, I'm willing to take them for free...)

Talia wrote:

Well, fortunately the sale I wanted to profit from did not end last midnight :) I decided to risk it because I really, really did NOT want another LH Powerful Pocket Vibrator, not even for free (last week's deal. This week it's FSOG Kegel Balls, and whereas I would never buy anything from the FSOG line - on priciple, stopped reading the book on page 4 -, I'm willing to take them for free...)

Omg you are killing me, I did the same thing waiting to order because of the deal if the week and wanting something g different so I ordered late last night. Don't judge the toy line because you didn't like the book there are some good toys labeled FSOG.

I decided to go out and spend the money I saved for the sale because of the email I received. I am really gutted that its been extended, if i had of known i would of waited although i have noticed it now says this on the sale page "Quick, this offer ends at midnight on Saturday 12 September" Hopefully I can scrape the funds together before then.

X

It's unfair - I don't get these emails because I live in France. I get a French newsletter (only received two or three with nothing in them I was interested at.), but no English one.

By the way, does anybody know why there's such big differences between web sites? Apart from language ;), and I can understand that some products are not offered on the .com site if they are not approved for the U.S. But I can't understand why the .eu site does not have a deal of the day (though when I find the deal on the .co.uk site and then switch countries, I get the same offer (or nearly, I don't know the exchange rate) on the .eu site). And right now I can't find the deal of the week on the .co.uk site... (where should it be?)

Even worse, some products are on sale at one site but not another - like the Tracy Cox vibrating butt plug - € 18, but £ 19.99, which doesn't seem fair to me.

I have had a message today to say it ends 12 th sept, hope this helps.

i really fancy the FSOG kegal balls but can't really justify buying anything just now as I have just spent a fortune on our annaversary weekend away. Maybe sometime in the future.

You can subscribe to the newsletters on the UK site. I for example am shopping from a European country, but I have started out a couple of years back with the UK site, and sticking to it for now. However, I occasionally made some purchases from the US site (with deliveries both to the US and to myself here), and subscribed to the newsletters of both the .com and the .eu sites. Offers are more frequent and more complete on .co.uk and prices are often (though not always) better too. The exchange rate currently is around £ 1 = € 1,38 give or take a few cents. Prices on the EU site are more or less the equivalent of the British Pound prices, except that offers and sales don’t always contain the same items and/or same reductions.

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't thought of subscribing on the .co.uk site, I think.

Ended up buying something from the sale tonight. New I would before the sale finished.

Looks like it's a never-ending sale. I too ordered yesterday, the EU-Bodywand, but it's still at sale price...

Another question: Why is there such a long sale with such big reductions? I know fashion stores greatly reduce prices to get rid of the old collection - ideally the store would be empty at the end of the season - to have space for the new one. But I can't imagine that sex toys are so seasonal and so fashion-dependent... Or are we really looking forward to all new, never-before-seen toys in a few weeks (or whenever)?

What do long-term customers (or Lovehoney employees) have to say to that?

Very often toys that go on sale are to be discontinued. For whatever the reason LH decides not to sell them anymore, not necessarily because suppliers stop making them. For Lovehoney to attract new business regardless if it comes in the form of new or returning custumers, they do need to change products every now and then, keep up with the market trends, and offer variety. If not, at one point even returning customers would run out of things to buy and that wouldn't be good business especially for a company that spends a great deal investing in fidelization!

Rest assured, while Lovehoney might have a lingering "sale" section at all times on their site, even if not strongly advertised, the products in the sale do change. The ones that stay there "endlessly" usually are the ones they are trying to eliminate from stock. For example I bought a toy a week ago in the sale, and only a couple of days after it went out from it and back to full price even though the sale lasted longer.