Sale Fail

Got an email this morning saying the maid set I'd ordered in the sale wasn't in the warehouse afterall and I would have to be refunded:(. So disappointed!! It was the only real bargain I'd managed to snap up (apart from a costume designed for women 4inches shorter than me that I'll probably have to send back lol) and I was really excited about it. Hey-ho.

Anyone else have anything happen like this? Or missed out on a sale bargain they really wanted?

Or just fancy a moan about stuff not being in stock?

there is a lot not in stock at the moment that I wanted... especially in the lingerie section and costumes!

I've had odd bits not be in stock after ordering when the sale went live last time....

Having worked in retail for a company with a large mail order business too, I totally understand how this happens tho... Humans and computers when mixed can cause problems, haha!

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I've had odd bits not be in stock after ordering when the sale went live last time....

Having worked in retail for a company with a large mail order business too, I totally understand how this happens tho... Humans and computers when mixed can cause problems, haha!

I can imagine, i just look for something else!! into finding the ideal basque at the moment :D

I placed two orders and had problems with both in the sale.

One order had an item missing but listed on the invoice so I assume that will have to be refunded since they won't have another to send.

Yeah, mistakes happen but I'm still gutted. I was chuffed at my bargain haha. Just hope my grab bag is a decent one to make up for it!

Oh aye totally understand Chip, it is gutting when it happens, even if you understand why, lol...

I hope my grab bag is good too, my last two weren't all that great, and I imagine I am destined to be disappointed with the third, there have been some great ones so far, I doubt I will be that lucky.... lol

Hope yours is great, roll on Monday when I can get to the post office :-)

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Oh aye totally understand Chip, it is gutting when it happens, even if you understand why, lol...

I hope my grab bag is good too, my last two weren't all that great, and I imagine I am destined to be disappointed with the third, there have been some great ones so far, I doubt I will be that lucky.... lol

Hope yours is great, roll on Monday when I can get to the post office :-)

My last one only had one good thing in it really- and that was almost identical to something I have so I gave it to someone else lol. The way my luck's going I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much this time!

Just remembered I also ordered some stockings to go with the maid outfit so I'll probably be returning those too. ohdear.

Lets hope we're both wrong and yours makes up for the disappointment, I too have ordered a few outfits but I suspect they wont even fit so will be returned, haha!

I've had the same thing happen to me twice in one order... It was ok the first time and then really annoying and disappointing the second. Lh was very apologetic though.

It's a shame. I would have thought they'd have atleast 1 product in reserve to make sure things like that doesn't happen.

It might be because I ordered it Thursday but asked for it not to be shipped until today (special delivery for Monday)....someone else is probably strutting around in my outfit as we speak:( lol.

Good luck for your grab bag and outfits MTC!

chipNroll wrote:

It might be because I ordered it Thursday but asked for it not to be shipped until today (special delivery for Monday)....someone else is probably strutting around in my outfit as we speak:( lol.

That really sucks! I don't think they do it like that though- more like first come first served. If someone was to have purchased it after you then they'd be the one to lose out.

I remember being the last one in purchasing those items so that's why I had to miss out on them.. I think if Lh was choosy about it then they would have let me get one of the two items out of stock.

Is there anything else that you like the look of with the same value?

x X x wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

That really sucks! I don't think they do it like that though- more like first come first served. If someone was to have purchased it after you then they'd be the one to lose out.

I remember being the last one in purchasing those items so that's why I had to miss out on them.. I think if Lh was choosy about it then they would have let me get one of the two items out of stock.

Is there anything else that you like the look of with the same value?

I imagine there were people who ordered it after me (thursday night/friday) but whose got sent out first because of my delivery option.

Nothing I like the look of left in my size.... If the Bedtime Stories thing fits I might get another one of those. Or save up for something full price.

I always wanted a maid outfit though and it's not often I'd get the chance to own some lingerie worth £50- so I intend to sulk about this a bit first :P

We have far too much clothing, right across the board, lingerie, pvc, boots, shoes etc.

Since using LH we have tend to buy stockings, toys and oils etc.

Last Friday at 3pm I ordered 3 small items for the OHs birthday next week to add to other item I purchased elsewhere and before on LH. They were some massage candles, body butter and a BJ Kit. I opted for free postage and there is no rush.

I received an email at 4pm saying they had been despatched.

The postman delievered them saturday morning at 9am.

Amazing service, well done all at LH

Well it arrived today and the Bedtime stories outfit is cute but im unsure if it looks silly/too short on me.

Was disappointed with my grab bag too:(

I'm just not very lucky when it comes to Lh lol. Or perhaps just generally!

It's another thread that is making me cry . I'm so so so sorry for any stock errors. It is gutting when they happen on sale items that are not going to be restocked. We are investigating how problems like this happen at the moment. Whether it's a human error or a techical bug that is allowing more stock to be sold than what we have avaialble. It doesn't happen often (thankfully) but we never ever want it to happen and I promise it is top priority for us to investigate.

With regard to out of stock sale lines we can confirm that in some instances if the last stock of a sale line has sold that item can not be removed from the site until the order has been shipped. If therefore a customer selects a delivery date way in the future the product may appear live on the site for some days even weeks after it's sold. It's not ideal and when possible we try to remove them from the sale section to avoid dissapointment. There are times (like this weekend) when we put loads of stuff in the sale and it flys off the shelf. When this happens it normally takes a few days for the shelves to be checked and products make discontinued. It should be much better by 6pm today. Sorry again.

Also just to reiterate do contact customer care if there is a line that is out of stock and you want to know if it is coming back in. They will be able to help and if it is discontinued they can hopefully help you find an alternative line.

Lovehoney - Bonny wrote:

With regard to out of stock sale lines we can confirm that in some instances if the last stock of a sale line has sold that item can not be removed from the site until the order has been shipped. If therefore a customer selects a delivery date way in the future the product may appear live on the site for some days even weeks after it's sold. It's not ideal and when possible we try to remove them from the sale section to avoid dissapointment. There are times (like this weekend) when we put loads of stuff in the sale and it flys off the shelf. When this happens it normally takes a few days for the shelves to be checked and products make discontinued. It should be much better by 6pm today. Sorry again.

Ah, I figured that was what had happened. Kind of bad considering the person who selected a delivery date in the future has either spent a large sum of money or paid £5 extra for this service- and yet they're the ones more likely to miss out. But nice to know you guys are working on it:)

Same happened to me. Thought I'd treat myself to something out the sale but got an email saying it wasn't in stock after all.

Now I have to wait for the to be credited back to my card. I was thinking it might be a good idea if Lh gave you the option of ordering something else before they gave you a refund.

I noticed that two gorgeous steel boned corsets were reduced to £10 each! Wish I'd seen them earlier, would've definitely snapped them up!