Sale items

Can sale items be products that have been used in videos and photos? If so is there anywhere on LH that states this? I thought only grab bag items were sometimes photo or video products?

As some of you may have read today I recieved the she stim wave dildo: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17637

It was open, and upside down in the packaging. Also it was rattling about badly and had no iternal packaging like seen in the she stim videos. Even if products are able to be opened for videos and such why wasn't the rest of the packaging there, and why didn't they package up the item better. Considering how expensive the item is meant to be, I'm not happy. Though so far someone has gotten back to and saying that it wouldn't have been used, though I know this already.... Didn't find the email overly helpful so hopefully someone will answer here.

I know I am not LH employee but did you try the live chat? Sometimes it is better that way. Once I got a product problem and actually the chat allowed me to sort it better.

I guess it might be worth a try, I haven't used the live chat before. The main things that get to me was that it wasn't secured in place and for such an expensive toy I feel it should have been even if they are allowed to sell items within the sale or normally from videos/ photos. Also I wish it was stated in the product description, or somewhere on the site?

You will select a name there and someone will talk to you. Sometimes, if it gets more complicated, they will call Matt to talk to you. I think you should try it. I think Alice told me once that the customer service part does not always look into the forum, so I would try the chat.

I know, that one was expensive so I understand you not being happy with the packaging and worried. Does not normally happen

It didn't seem that helpful. she said maybe it was damaged in transit, but the outer tube is fine and where has the internal packaging gone if this is the case? the lid was completely off. All they seem to be offering is a return, personally I don't think this is good enough, i've recieved items before with damaged packaging or areas and things have worked out a lot better when contacting customer services.

It's very confusing, and I still feel that there should be a help file regarding items and whether or not they can be sold if they have been opened, also I feel that any item with damaged packing should be mentioned in the product description when being sold.... though this is probably just what I think, though it's what a lot of other sites do.

I don't know this isn't the first time I've recieved a defective item, sometimes it goes ok but even last time I contacted them it didn't go that well... I gave up on that item though as it was a lto cheaper, but with this item I'm very upset as it is a luxury item in my eyes and should have been stated either in the description or at very very least secured better in it's container. I knwo the toys probably fine, but part of the thing with luxury toys is opening them and enjoying that experience.

I had a problem with a luxury vibe, still waiting, as they are testing it. It was several return so I understand it. I may contact them soon to see what they found how it went.

I never got opened item, apart from one tester, it was new item and they used it to make demonstration video before sending it to me, but thats way different, as it was a tester. I really think you need to talk to direct person, either on chat or on phone, about this. Maybe consider taking a pic of the packaging. If the item went on sale as discontinuied I would expect that it would be intact or it would be stated otherwise somewhere on the page.

Doesn't sound right to me Nymph, I would maybe return it and get another if you def want the product having seen it? Perhaps it was a one-off damaged box?

Altho nowhere near as expensive, I ordered this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20736 and it clearly states in the description comes in a gift box, well mine came in a clear plastic bag that had a big slash down it, looking like the product had been stuffed in it, and it was hung on a snapped hanger, it looked awful if am honest, not that I necessarily buy things for the packaging but as you said, it's nice when it's a treat to experience all that.... I probs wouldn't be so bothered had the description not said it was...

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I didn't know Lovehoney sold products that were opened for test videos and the like.

But it doesn't sound right that Lh would send an item in that condition. You say it's happened before, more than once. I have never had this sort of problem with them. I wonder if you have a really nosey postman or something?

The box was completely sealed, the tape hadn't been removed at all so I don't think the parcle has been opened.

I feel that if I return the product I lose as I wanted that product and there's none left, and if I keep the product I lose as I've lost that feel you get when you open a nice product, also I like to keep the packaging.

The Nymphomaniac, I am really sorry that your are not happy with our conversation on Livechat. We are more than happy for you to call us and discuss this further, or we can call you. If you would prefer we can get Matt to contact you on Monday when he is in the office. We really would like to make sure you are happy with your product and the service you receive from us. We are not happy until you are. We hope to hear from you shortly. Laura, Customer Care.

I will try and contact someone on monday, I'm not good at all with the phone and it's very rare I actually talk to anyone via one; so I'm not sure if it'll help. In all honesty most important phones calls are made by my partner for me, so will have to see how it goes.

I really don't know what could be done though, when I purchased the toy I was expecting something new unopened. A friend of mine did say to me that within sales you often expect the items to be new, unopened, and not damaged, these items that are open, damaged, or have been used for display are normally clearly stated. I know toys that have been opened within grab bags are clean and safe to use, and do expect the same with this, but this isn't a £25 grab that states some items may have been used in photos and videos.

The toy also had to have been taken out as it was upsidedown within it's packagaing, and with the standard paper padding in place it wouldn't have been able to turn it's self around and magically put itself back inside. and like I said it was missing internal packaging, film, and the lid had been taken off.

If I return it I lose out on the toy, there isn't really any others from the range I wanted as a replacement, for one I also purchased the kit to use with it and so a different type of toy wouldn't be any good.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm making a fuss, but really this has upset me. I doubt there's anything that really can be done. Anyway I will wait till monday though would still be best for me to use email when sorting this out, but if sorting it out on the phone is neccessay I will try my best to explain things.

Does it appear to have been used or damaged in any other way? Because if it hasn't I really wouldn't worry.

Sometimes things aren't packaged properly within a sale but if the actual product is fine then think to yourself you have a bargain - you've still got a good price on it whatever the packaging.

Any number of things could have happened, might be as simple as someone in packing tipping it out of its box whilst getting ready for delivery and not putting it back together properly; just bunging it back in the box. Not that, that is an excuse but might have been as simple as that.

I know it's a luxury toy and I'd feel a tad disappointed if it wasn't perfect but if it doesn't affect the functionality of the product and it doesn't appear used then I'd think sod it! I'd quite happily take a luxury toy at a great price in a plastic bag IF Lovehoney guaranteed to me it wasn't used (but maybe I'm just tight LOL).

If you're in any doubt it HAS been used or you're not willing to take the chance then you'll just have to send it back and get a refund. I know that's equally disappointing but its what happens in a sale and that's the risk you take, as such.

I'm sorry if any of that sounds harsh btw - totally not how its intended and obviously tone cannot come across properly in written form!!

Well in the past places have stated if packaging is missing, or things have been taken out for display or photos even with sale items.... This is whats really upset me the most, as I feel that there should be some form of disclaimer if they are going to sell items in this condition. As like you I would be happy to get a toy in a plastic bag if it was super cheap, but I would like to know before hand. It's similar to damaged clothing really, I've purchased somefrom sales before and they state before hand and often have a stocky note round the damaged area. Even a note with the invoice would have been nice, just something simple: this toy hasn't been used, and was opened only for inspection. or warehouse damage.... you know just a little information.

I can see both sides.

On one side you got a real bargain and packaging doesn't effect the toys functionality.

On the other side, on the grab bags they mention that packagaing may not be perfect. This was supposed to be £100 worth of toy which I would class as a luxury toy. If someone brought it as a gift for someone else, they would be furious.

I do think there should have been a mention somewhere or when someone saw what the packaging was like they could have contacted you.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I can see both sides.

On one side you got a real bargain and packaging doesn't effect the toys functionality.

On the other side, on the grab bags they mention that packagaing may not be perfect. This was supposed to be £100 worth of toy which I would class as a luxury toy. If someone brought it as a gift for someone else, they would be furious.

I do think there should have been a mention somewhere or when someone saw what the packaging was like they could have contacted you.

I thought about the gift thing too. I was really glad that it's only a gift for myself and I hadn't sent it to someone as a gift or intented to give it to someone as a gift in person.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I can see both sides.

I thought about the gift thing too. I was really glad that it's only a gift for myself and I hadn't sent it to someone as a gift or intented to give it to someone as a gift in person.

Exactly, it could well have been sent as a gift or order for someone else, either way, you would have been angry. Like I said, with grab bags you kinda expect it but with a £60 dildo you don't.

I'd definitely be annoyed. Having spent so much money I look forward to receiving the packaging/opening the item, almost as much as first using it! The feel of a good quality packaged item makes you feel your moneys well spent. It was sale which maybe justifies the bad packaging but I feel you should have been informed first - that's bad on LHs part. Either way I hope the purchase works well for you regardless ^_^

Hiya - just seen this thread - you definitely should not have received an item in this state and it looks like something has gone wrong somewhere along the line. I will make sure it's looked into when i'm in the office and we investigate what happened and how to ensure it does not happen again. I am so sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused with this and the way it has affected your overall shopping experience. I agree opening the parcel when it arrives is one of the most important parts of online shopping and everything needs to be perfect. Sorry we let you down on this occasion and I hope we can fix it for you. B x

Hey Bonny, I just wanted to say thanks for getting back to me especially as it's the weekend. Hopefully everything will get sorted monday. I did get two other packages from Lovehoney this morning and they were perfectly packaged, just shocked me when I opened this one, even more so as it was the last one I opened.