Scared to start over

Ive been thinking and the more i think about it the more it seems a good idea. Going upto Glasgow for a couple of days so going to look for furnished places up there n get out of this fish bowl x

1 Like

@Alyssa_2.0 no harm in looking but perhaps take a little time before you make any rash decisions ?!?

3 Likes

just be careful @Alyssa_2.0 and don’t do anything too quickly. A big city sounds great but can also be a very lonely place. Take care and all the best

2 Likes

If you do decide that a move to the city is best, I would suggest a short term lease if possible. That way if you find that it’s not for you, you’re not tied into something you can’t easily get out of xx

1 Like

There is a lot to be said to getting away from the toxic people, and if that is a lot of people in the community, moving away sounds like a good idea.

I would agree though with taking time to work out where you want to go, or get somewhere short term and work from there.

We’ve moved 4 hours away from where we used to live, and I’ve never been happier. But we took years to decide where we wanted to go and made a careful choice. Covid just gave us the opportunity.

4 Likes

Thanks for the comments and advice. Update I’ve got a flat here, really worried about it as didn’t think it’d happen so fast :scream:

The hate has died down, i feel for whoever is getting it now mind you so I’ve accepted this place but still thinking about moving, who knows what the future holds :woman_shrugging:xx

5 Likes

Very best wishes @Alyssa_2.0 :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Glad you’re getting sorted, we’re here for you if you need us! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll need all the luck i can get xxx

3 Likes

@Alyssa_2.0 you will get sorted hun one day at a time hun is all you can do :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Okay ive got my keys :key: and have to move in within the week and am terrified but excited at the same time x

10 Likes

@Alyssa_2.0 good luck

1 Like

I wish you all the best @Alyssa_2.0 :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Great news @Alyssa_2.0 time to start making great memories good luck with your new house :blush::blush:

1 Like

Good luck @Alyssa_2.0 just look forward from now on.

1 Like

Thanks guys and gals yous have given some top-tips! I’ve managed to source a king-size bedframe, 2 tall lamps, a fridge freezer, washing machine, cooker, two breakfast bar stools, one 3 seater sofa and a tv stand. Most of these items came from fb buy and sell for such reasonable prices so I really couldn’t be happier especially with the people who’ve done amazing deals. There’s also carpets and lino everywhere bar the hall and a large cupboard so that’s super handy. Also there’s curtains on the patio doors, lounge and bedroom which will do just fine for now. So there’s only a few items that I really require to move in with, like a matress, kettle, iron and ironing board, coffee table and a tv off the top of my head.

There’s plenty of room for storage including a large built-in wardrobe and a cupboard with 3 large shelf which is awesome so I’ll not need to purchase anything for storage just now so I’m really happy with how things are moving along :blush:

It’s definitely time to look forward and stop letting people upset me and attempt to bully me! This place is going to be so good for me I’m sure of it, not been in my own place like ever because when I split up with my first boyfriend I moved back in with the family, then me and my cousin stayed together for awhile then I was with my husband all those year’s. Then me and my x had to go homeless so were forced together before we knew exactly how we felt (we were better as bfs and we both knew it but we both felt stuck.) If only I could turn back time I’d of asked my now bf if he’d let me stay instead of diving in with my x as things would of worked out differently, i know we’d of gotten together sooner. But it’s all about the present and future :heart:xx

11 Likes

So good to hear you sounding positive and looking to a happy future xx

1 Like

I’m so happy for you @Alyssa_2.0 :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

I’m so glad everything appears to be working out. Just look forward and stay strong. All the best. @Alyssa_2.0

2 Likes

Seriously thanks so much for your support and everything :green_heart: I’m so glad to of came back on here as yous are such an amazing community :raised_hands: xx

10 Likes