I have news!!

Guys.. I have become an adult and i'm moving out from home to a 2-bedroom apartment!!

ITS SO NICE and now I need a crazy load of furniture and money

yayayayaya

Any advice pop it over!

Congratulations Paige, it sounds awesome!!!!

I don't have any real advice other than to suggest using Lovehoney boxes to build a wardrobe! ;)

When's the house warming party paige?

Congratulations Paige. Have a look on auction sites and see what is going local and cheep. (eBay and gumtree would be a good place to start. To be honest you don't need much to get you started.

A bed, a sofa, a wardrobe, a set of draws and a coffee table, should be all you need to start with.

If you are buying a bed, spend the money get a good comfortable one, and make do with the other items second hand. You can update and swap them when you have the money. The only other thing I would recomend you spend cash on is a new washing machine, they earn their money and you really don't want one to go wrong in a new house.

Let us know when your moving.

Eeek fill it with cats!! 😝

It's nice to get your independence.

Congrats Paige xx

Destroy your credit card.

Ooh, congratulations, how exciting !

My daughter moved out and into her own place in October and she loves it ! Certainly worth looking at actions, second hand shops to get you started, then you can begin to save for things that you would like to replace as you get yourself settled xx

Congrats! Very exciting! I have some second hand furniture you could get if only you'd pay thousands for shipping way over there, LOL! Seriously though, Fun Louise had some spot on advice: invest in a good bed (Ikea - I suspect there is one over there too - is a good compromise in quality for money in this regard). All the rest you can buy with time, just consider not having furniture in place as an adventure, as a bohème lifestyle of not being attached to things. It is very nice to unclutter your stuff when you move which reduces needs for other stuff for a while. As far as I've heard, food is cheap in Australia, but still, I'm sure it's even cheaper (and healthier) if you don't rely on take away for your meals... And yes, budgeting (including cutting back on credit) is vital for smart survival. But do enjoy and keep us updated of your new adventures!!! Hugs!

Congratulations Paige. Just get the basics to begin with really and build up from there and somewhere to store your lovehoney collection.

Woo-hoo - how exciting - Congratulations hun! Some great advice here - I would just add that most big supermarkets do a basic range for homes, like microwaves, washing machines, accessories, cutlerly, lighting, furniture etc. so you may be able to pick up some bargains there too :) xx

Congratulations Paige that's wonderful news! It's so great having your own place :)

My advice would be... IKEA is your best friend! You can furnish a home so cheaply and it looks stylish too. I'm not ashamed to say that most of the stuff in our house is from IKEA and we're really happy with it.

Sorry I don't have anything more useful to say, I know you live in Australia so I don't know what other stores you have there. Best of luck though and I hope you enjoy your new place :D xxx

Lovethekink wrote:

Eeek fill it with cats!! 😝

+1 to this!!! Congratulations Paige x

Congratulations Paige! 🏡

Congratulations Paige :) x

Woohoo! Congratulations Paige! (Now you can have all the cats in real life!!) 

Congratulations Paige! I'd suggest checking out charity shops for things like tables, bookcases etc. You can get some really great stuff for cheap.

And for the boring bit, due to a previous job I had I've seen people really struggle trying to claim insurance when their household items were damaged or destroyed due to floods or something. The insurance company wanted to know (for every single item) what it was, where purchased, date purchased and the price paid. Stuff that's impossible to remember years later. So, when I furnished my flat I wrote all of this info into a notebook, scanned it, and put it on a USB stick that wouldn't be kept in the house. Scanned all the receipts as well and stapled them into the notebook. I don't know what insurance companies in Aus are like, but I'm paranoid so I did it.

Also, moving can be stressful, so treat yourself to a toy when it's all done!

Congrats :) wishing you lots of happiness in your new home xx

Congratulations Paige! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Try second hand shops - you can find so many amazing things.