second time around

Sex Squid wrote:

@Caliente, yes, but it's not a story I would relay on here. Hit me up elsewhere if you like :)

I'm sure you're not breaking the rules, and by "elsewhere" you're referring another thread on the Lovehoney forum... Right? 👀

Thanks MysticalMayhem. I thought you'd seen that picture before.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Sex Squid wrote:

@Caliente, yes, but it's not a story I would relay on here. Hit me up elsewhere if you like :)

I'm sure you're not breaking the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/, and by "elsewhere" you're referring another thread on the Lovehoney forum... Right? 👀

I was going to suggest Twitter, because we already follow each other so it wouldn't involve sharing any details on the forum. If that still breaks the rules and gets me in trouble I apologise (I'm too honest for my own good, can't help it)... But back on topic, yes, my wife and I separated, for 8 months, then got back together and are now stronger than ever before!

That is such a cute story Squid :)

It can work but you need to evaluate what went wrong first time around and to see if that situation has changed.

I have been out with 2 girls twice of which there was limited success being an improvement of first time around.

I can see one siutation whereby the sucess rate would be quite good. That is of a first love where the relationship finished but remained good friends and both played the field a bit inbetween to get more experience and then decided to get together again at a later stage .A couple we know went down this route and have been happily married for 10 years now.

Sex Squid - thank you, that's all the information I needed to know. I'm happy to hear it worked out for you. It seems like there are stories like yours, but they are in the minority.

Mysteron - Thanks. We are most definitely not first loves who have played the field a bit and got back together! I have no idea how it would work out if we got back together. All I know is he's talking to me in a way he never has before, and I think if he had been able to say those things when we were together, we would never have broken up at all.

I think Caliente if you are free at the moment then perhaps assess it on its own merits.before you decide. You could arrange a meet up and have a chat but make sure he is clear that its not a date .

But becasue you have been out together before doesn't necessarily mean its not going to work ,as people change , communication may be better this time , he pephaps respects women more than first time around and perhaps more mature .. All these things you will probably get an idea about after a chat.

Good luck

Thank you, Mysteron. He is going to visit me and I'm sure he is going to ask me then. I think I know the things we need to talk about before we make any decisions. He wanted to see me last year and I said no because I didn't think anything had changed. This time feels different. I hope it is.

Anytime, I do care as I've said, I know you've gone.... But you know where I am if you ever need an ear! Good luck to you, whatever you decide. You deserve it.x

For me I'm hoping to I think, haven't seen him for 2 years but still text each other sometime and not bitter towards each other. Plus I have been on dates with other people since and always think about him- so for me it's a case of not realising what you've got til it's gone. Although the reality might be totally different- just like the thought of him ha . I think it can work with people again if you're honest and open and have trust- trust is what we were lacking mainly in the first place so hoping its regained now!

Personally I think it depends on how long the break has been. Getting straight back after splitting up rarely works.
My other half split up with myself after almost a year. We got back together straight away then split again. I swore I'd never do that again.
I met someone else and we lasted 8 years. Then bumped into my ex. We had both changed quite a bit (mainly grown up a lot!) but the spark was instant.
Now 7 years later we have a house, kids and are getting married.
It can work, but I think you both need to be in a different place mentally.

Hope it works out for you, honeybun91

Spidercouple - I know I've changed. It seems like he has, but there's still a long way to go before we get back together. Our circumstances are definitely different. Thanks for your advice.

I hope you can work something out that is acceptable to you both even if its just as friends I wish you all the luck you need Djxx

Thank you, D.j. that means a lot to me. We are most definitely friends, at least. We are looking forward to seeing each other again, and especially dancing togeher. :)

Things change over time, circumstances, people, situations etc. If you both feel that you'd like to try again just make sure you're aware of what went wrong the first time around. No one wants to see anyone get hurt.....especially you xx

Tryed it dint work for me. Me and ex husband tryed to sort things out it wasn't a good relationship and truth be told i think i wonted to try for my oldest 3 children's sale but actually wasn't a good enough reason old problems started up and dint take long for him to turn agressive again. So i left with 3 children for final time. But be sure what ever you decide is for you because it's what you want and tread slowly. Hope what ever it is you do brings you happiness.

Terri JJ - That's incredibly sweet of you to say. I'm very touched by the care I have received from people here. I think I've accepted that the possibility of getting hurt is always inevitable. And I'd rather risk getting hurt loving someone who loves me back than some of the others.

glittergirl - that sounds like an awful situation. I'm glad you didn't stay with someone who was agressive towards you. Thankfully I don't have any kids that would make my decision harder.

Wise words from Holly from Red Dwarf - it's better to have loved and lost than to listen to an album by Olivia Newton-John

@Caliente, in all serioysnrss though, whichever decision you reach, I hope you find happiness :)

Caliente wrote:

Terri JJ - That's incredibly sweet of you to say. I'm very touched by the care I have received from people here. I think I've accepted that the possibility of getting hurt is always inevitable. And I'd rather risk getting hurt loving someone who loves me back than some of the others.

glittergirl - that sounds like an awful situation. I'm glad you didn't stay with someone who was agressive towards you. Thankfully I don't have any kids that would make my decision harder.

it was very hard. my children at the time i had 3 under 3 so took a lot to up and leave finally with no where to go but it was the best decision.im now re married at 32 years old to i man i adore who makes me feel wonderful every day.now have 3 children with him to. youngest just 6 weeks old and eldest is now 12 years he loves them like his own. Sorry anyway point is just be sure your making your choice for the right reasons as that's what will bring g you happiness which everyone deserves you seem so lovely and know one wants to you get hurt I'm sure you will follow your heart and i wish you every happiness which ever way that comes.

Sex Squid - thank you. I'll keep Holly's wise words in mind. :)

glittergirl - Happy to hear things worked out well for you. I don't know what will happen, but I'm working on making myself hapy first. Thanks for your good wishes.