New man old life

Hey everyone!
So I am in a bit if a pickle. I am sharing a house with my ex partner which, of course, is not grand. We split up a while back but I havent been able to afford a place of my own. And my parents won't take me back
Well just to make it more interesting, I am seeing a new man. This only started a few days ago and he is aware that I live with my ex. He says he doesn't mind so long as there is no attraction (which there 100% is not).
I really hoped to move out before I found another relationship or anything, but I really really like this guy A LOT! I really can't let this slip.
Has anyone else been in this situation?
Floating Faerie.

Sorry hun , not been in that situation so can't offer any words of wisdom.

I do wish you all the best with your new relationship though, and just suggest honesty and openness from the start, which it sounds like you have been anyway, but with the ex too!!

Good luck xx

I've never been in a situation like this and the only person I know who has....ended up having a 3sum with her ex and her new man ! Not to be recommended......

It seems unfair to suggest that you and your new man try to spend as much time together as possible away from your house and ex as you obviously pay your share of the bills, rent etc but meeting at home copuld be very awkward if your ex is there. No easy solution to this .....

As LNT as said, just be honest with both of them. I really hope it works out for you xx

I don't think there will be a problem because obviously you both parted on best of terms and now following new paths.

The only little doubt that could bring problems is if either of you have that little smidgen of any latent attraction to each other left in you.Normally this can be left under wraps .However this could be triggered off by say a late night drinking session or an adverse happening in either of your current relationships. So that I think you need to be wary of.

I think I could possibly have the same problem if my first ever love ever came back to the town I live in at the moment as the only reason it broke down was because she moved away down south .I have before I met my curent partner and now wife tried in vain to trace her. But I do know I have latent feelings still for her and my wife actually understands this .The chance of this happening are very slim .

Hey, I have been in this situation before and gotta say it was not easy at all, especially when it came to me living my own life under the same roof! I met someone else which I thought I would so the right thing and be honest and tell my ex. For my situation that was the wrong move as he made everything difficult, harassed and tried (failed) to intimidate the guy. The guy (my now OH) was aware from the start my situation (we were friends) and to be honest he was more worried of how my ex would be towards me. At that point with my ex everything was civil but after I thought honesty was the best way to go he changed.
I suppose my advise would be your ex does not need to know the details of your life anymore and you should enjoy the new relationship, keeping it for you! Others may have different opinions and mine is based on my personal experience, it didn't help that with a drink on him my ex was cruel, violent and petty. Ultimately telling him of the new relationship was too much, he did admit much later on that as we still remained in the house together (bought, I had no family as moved towns, he refused to leave) that we would get back together!
I totally understand where you are coming from and know how delicate it can be, all I can say really is make the right decision for you and not anyone else! Good luck

Lilmiss x