Secret wishlist shopping

VioletWolf wrote:

I've not had anything bought for me, and don't expect it either, but it wouldn't bother me if it was a stranger vs someone I speak to regularly. My LH profile is listed in my bio on social media so if someone wanted to it wouldn't be hard to find my wishlists, but it's not something I'd ask for or expect. If it did happen, i think I would be blown away to be honest 😮

Oh goodness no, I would never expect anyone to buy anything, I hope thats not how this post came across? I was just intrested to see if people had ever had stuff bought for them :) I thought it was a new thing but appaently not. I would be taken aback too as its a lovely thing to do for someone but if anyone ever did I would want to thank them personally for being so generous ;)

Jezebella wrote:

Its never happened to me, but I think its a really nice thing to do for someone. In Darren Brown's autobiography he talks about anomously paying for strangers dinners in restaurants and how it makes him feel really good. I'd never heard of anyone doing that before I read that. It made me smile to think there are such kind strangers out there :)

Yes I've heard of a few instances like this on social media, my fave being the stranger that purchased a struggling single mum four new tyres for her car which I thought was awesome because it's not really an obvious thing to pay for or a gift in a way but something like that made such a huge difference to her! :D People are awesome! xx

StevenS wrote:

It's not something that has happened to me on here (and why should it since I very rarely post) but has happened on a few other forums and I have occassionally purchased things for others from their wishlists just to try and brighten up their day.

I don't let them know it was me who bought them though since that's a suprise.

How kind are you! I see what you mean about keeping it a surprise from a buyers point of view, kinda nice to know you've done it and enjoy that feeling I guess :) xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I have been privileged to receive a couple of gifts and my gifter owned up, which was lovely as I could aim my gratitude directly to them.

I have also gifted ( not high on monetary value, but it was on their wish list so they must have wanted it). And yes, the anticipation of knowing that an unexpected parcel is going to land on someone's doorstep is just as good as waiting for your own order to arrive. Why did I do it? Because they were having a tough time, and I just hoped it would make them smile, if only for a moment.

Xxxx

Oh that is lovely <3 xx

I think its a fantastic option to have. I often read the gift thread and it makes me happy to see how happy other people are :)

I've sent wish list gifts occasionally ,particularly if they post something I like or think they deserve a pick me up.

I noticed someone I used to follow on Myspace around ten years ago has a LH account. I couldn't resist buying them something on their birthday. They haven't been active on here for a good few years so I had a smile imaging their reaction after such a long time.

Never had stuff bought for me, and I have actually bought all the sex toys for my ex and current Mrs.

I've got a list the now for stuff me me but if I'm honest it's private because I'm a bit weird when folk buy me stuff lol