Security Heads-Up - Important

Can someone please check my profile if I am on there? I checked one site but I don't know exactly which one is being talked about.

MM sent you a message

xGGx

I cannot *believe* that people's names and DOB have automatically been 'released'.

Surely every profile should've been automatically supressed and then people given the option to make them public??

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

I cannot *believe* that people's names and DOB have automatically been 'released'.

Surely every profile should've been automatically supressed and then people given the option to make them public??

I've seen plenty of sites do that sort of thing when they revamp their system. It's usually a mistake with what the code defaults to. They get it sorted once they realize, but it's a huge mistake and everyone is vulnerable until they do. :-(

Best protection is to never give them personal info in the first place unless it's retail and you have to for billing.

angel

I got caught out by the site in question, made my profile public then noticed that my full name was on there for all to see.

Needless to say it has been changed now

xGGx

In my opinion companies and sites should think about things like this before they make changes.

In my eyes its not acceptable to publish anyone's personal details - not in this technological day and age with fraudsters and hackers around.

And especially not on an adult website when, to me, discretion is even more important.

Sue them for every dildo they've got!

Seriously, bang out of order. Glad I'm not on there. They should offer recompense to those affected in the form of freebies! Shocking.

I agree with you completely, Angel. But many (perhaps most) companies aren't that careful and just don't have our interests at heart. We have to protect ourselves as much as possible because they're not going to. Even though they really should. Our options are to not give them our information and/or our business.

If you want to drive the point home, remove your profiles from that site in protest and write to them (hard copy if you can get a physical address as well as e-mail) to tell them exactly why. They might wake up a bit if enough of you do it.

Oh, and thanks to Alice and LH for caring enough to watch out for us. Even when we're consorting with the competition. %-)

I don't think it was shown automatically, I ticked the box by mistake not realising it would show my real name. Obviously I unticked it. It isn't very clear though until someone like Alice points it out. Thanks again.