Security Heads-Up - Important

Hi everyone,

I know that several of you use the sex toys forums (of another company). I just wanted to let you know that people's full real names and dates of birth are showing on the profiles there unless you have hidden your profile.

Keep safe.

Update: They have finally changed this so your details are no longer default on display. Phew!

This doesn't apply to Lovehoney's community and forums though, does it?

And I'm slightly curious as to which other forum this is. Thanks for the warning, Alice.

x X x wrote:

This doesn't apply to Lovehoney's community and forums though, does it?

And I'm slightly curious as to which other forum this is. Thanks for the warning, Alice.

Absolutely not!

I'm really reluctant to post a link because of course it's exposing people's private information.

As Alice said, it's one that recently changed their forum software in the past week, and you would have had to have signed up again, so if you haven't signed up any new places recently, you should be fine. You want to go into the edit profile and untick the box that says 'tick here to enable your profile page'.

Oh, that makes sense. I would have thought the other forums would be big on keeping people's identities safe as well or have some way of privatising information from just anyone seeing it.

Hope everyone in concern is aware of this issue.

Its along the same lines a Facebook making privacy changes and not letting on!!! So glad Lovehoney is the only site I use/buy from.

I noticed the same thing when I signed up this week but as Silverdrop says you can untick the box to enable profile.

Have to say I was not happy when I saw it

xGGx

Gggrrr poising on here from a phone is a nightmare....

The weird blank post above GG was caused by me, I'll reply when I'm home.

Thanks Alice.

Thanks for the heads up Alice.

ive not had any new things come up on sites ive logged into, so i cant be a member of the one alice is saying, but thanks for the advice alice

the site in question has been updated this week, I only joined it a few days ago but for anyone who is concerned email me and I will let you know which site it is.

Dont want to name and shame on an open forum and make the situation worse.

xGGx

cant mail you GG as dont know your email, but does the site get mentioned on here? i logged on to one yesterday and nothing happened but havent been on it yet today as bit risky for work

rach check my profile

xGGx

There's another forum that publishes your reviews under your real name. I've asked them to change it but nothing seems to be happening. :/ I also found that their postage is very slow.

Thanks for the heads up Alice, I was an inactive forum member there and that log-in no longer works but seems I can log in to the forum with my shopping account details.... That was set to hidden and not an active profile tho so hopefully that is the default setting for it?

Yeah when I logged into the new forum none of my personal info came up on my profile, it had already been turned off. there is a tick box to turn it on and off but it was set to off. maybe they changed it in the first 24hours? As I think I logged in a day after they introduced it to others.

Having just checked again there's a few people who obviously don't know about it that are displaying their real name and DoB in their profiles, which surely can't be right... (Not sure anyone would want that?)

Another reason to stay right here :)