šŸ’Ŗ Self love and success - We want to hear about it!

What do you love about yourself?
Nothing, I donā€™t like my body, or how I feel everyday.

What would you say is your biggest strength/asset?
Others say I am kind, considerate and caring.

What makes you feel confident?
Nothing at all.

Is there anything that used to cause insecurity that you have learned to love and embrace?
Unfortunately my insecurity has always stayed with me, outwardly I mask my feelings.

3 Likes

This is me, i have always been like this, and being male couldnā€™t make the sporting small talk with my all male work colleagues. Itā€™s only recently that a very dear friend with expert knowledge of autism has educated me that i am on the mild end of spectrum, making me see little things i have always done, and my social awkwardness as traits. they have shown me that most of my traits are beneficial in my career and as a human being on the whole. I now work with a mixed range of genders and sexualities, and am much better at small talk etc.

4 Likes

Love is a strong word! I like everything about me now.
I love that I am still in sobriety, that I grow as a person, and that I am present for those that need me.

Being in recovery, honesty and self-reflection. Above all, my higher power!
Thatā€™s 4, I could add many more. What can I say? Iā€™m asset rich!

Being myself, knowing I am enough without having to prove it to anyone else.

Is there anything that used to cause insecurity that you have learned to love and embrace?
Me! Although not quite there with loving myself yet, I am certainly embracing me.
If it has to be one thing, it would be my impairment. I used to consider myself as broken.
I now see my legs and my impairment an opportunity to show my strengths and resourcefulness.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll try to answer these questions however I want to point out that Iā€™m still on my journey to self love and not quite at the destination just yet.

I love that Iā€™m such a caring, big hearted person despite all the hard times Iā€™ve been through and how loyal I am despite being betrayed many times.

I hate that this is my biggest strength but I am definitely resilient, although I wish I didnā€™t have to be.

I love wearing lingerie and since I gained a bit of weight Iā€™ve been loving the Lovehoney range of plus size lingerie thatā€™s flattering and sexy at the same time.

My body size and shape, Iā€™m learning to love it. I have lost a few kg recently but Iā€™m still considered to be ā€œbig,ā€ but that doesnā€™t really worry me anymore. Iā€™m alright with how I am.

Hope that helps.

5 Likes

Apologies for being a latecomer to this one!!!

What do i love about myself - the only thing i love about myself are my tattoos.

What is my greatest strength/asset - i would say my job has taught me the skill of striking up conversation with a total stranger.

What makes me feel confident - a steering wheel or set of handlebars in my hands.

As for insecurities I have plenty but i donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever learn to love/embrace them.

5 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna

Thereā€™s not much to put here for me I am very confident as a person !

Sense of humour is the one good thing about myself and that would be about it for me I am overweight , not a looker and normally speak my mind . :scream:

2 Likes

The thing that I love about me is my ability to engage total strangers in lite talk and try and cheer them up . In every trip to any store I try and make a dozen people smile and or laugh . I often tell people that if you can not make people smile or laugh , you are just wasting air .
My ability to troubleshoot a problem , mechanical or medically . Along with figuring out how to solve a problem with what is available .
My confidence is that I can defuse a tense situation ( came in handy when a volunteer in fire and police work ) . Even though my body is pretty wore out and a number of health problems I like to think I look pretty good for my age .
When a young man , I was pretty insecure in the size of my manhood . I think I gradually came to the realization that I was pretty average . A visit to nudist camp confirmed I am about as average as any .

4 Likes

Hi there @Lovehoney_Brenna after years of self loathing and depression Iā€™ve now got an amazing fiancĆ© :heart: :heart_eyes: who has given me all the confidence in the world :earth_americas: so now i think i love most about myself is how much Iā€™ve changed from being down trodden to super confident. My biggest strength :muscle: and assets are being able to forgive :pray: things now which a couple of years ago i would of never let go but now i can just let it go like water under a bridge as carrying b.s on never ends well and only makes things worse so i would give everyone the same advice. My fiancĆ©, full stop. I used to be very scared & insecure to initiate any kind of sexual encounters with femaleā€™s but now since Iā€™ve been with my fiance sheā€™s gave me the confidence to initiate any kind of sexual encounters and sheā€™s always willing to oblige which has put my confidence through the roof & is 1 of the reasonā€™s why I love her and would take a bullet for her as she would me and I know that weā€™ll be together forever until my dying breathā€‹:heart:.