Self waxing

Bought a proper wax heater, legs were fine. Really struggled with armpits and pubes though, had to stop half way through pubes so finishing off tonight. Any tips on making it less painful?

Aparrently taking a paracetomol 20 mins before helps, also using aloe vera gel helps too. I have a waxing kit too and can only bear to do my eyebrows, I need to man up a little.

X

I've read about people using numbing cream that's used when doing tattoos but never tried it myself. GJ on managing to do it though, I bought a proper set myself some time ago and always ended up very messy :).

You can get deep freeze, which is numbing, which should take the edge off a little bit.

You're brave......I know for a fact I'd get the wax strip on & then carry on like a right baby & need to phone for help to rip it off lol! X

Never thought of numbing! Awesome thanks guys, may take two paracetamols just to be sure lol

PH it is so messy! My hands are always covered afterwards

JR I may have had to get my OH to Finnish the pubes lol it's so hard finding the strength to pull it off

Wine!

AsYouWish! wrote:

Wine!

But then I'll cry lol

what about ice to numb it?

I once tried to wax my own underarms. NEVER. AGAIN.

Young and fun95 wrote:

Never thought of numbing! Awesome thanks guys, may take two paracetamols just to be sure lol

PH it is so messy! My hands are always covered afterwards

JR I may have had to get my OH to Finnish the pubes lol it's so hard finding the strength to pull it off

Haha yeah, I have it eveeerywhere - hands, legs, hair, mouth, name it THERE'S WAX ON IT. Carpet too of course, ever tried getting wax off the carpet? Not a fun job!!! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Caliente wrote:

I once tried to wax my own underarms. NEVER. AGAIN.

I epilate them, the first time I might have cried a lot, then it's ok.

I use a strip less wax also known as brazilian wax really good for sensitive areas as bikini face and underarms not so good on legs. Watch a you tube vid of self waxing using brazilian wax really helpful. Self wax all the time.

PurpleHeart - I can't even epliate my legs. I must have a pathetically low pain threshold. :(

Funny thing is, I don't mind it at all when someone else is in charge of the wax and inflicting the pain.... hmmmmm....what does that tell you? lol

I self wax at home all the time. First few attempts were horrific, but the more I did it myself the more I learnt how to make it easier and pain free.

Some people use numbing products and/or pain killers, but I'd say not to as by not feeling the pain you may not know if your causing damage. I've tried it before and ended up causing stretch marks as I was damaging my skin too much but the pain was reduced so I didn't really notice till the next day.
The best way I have found to make self waxing so much easier is to heat up the area a few minutes before with a very hot damp cloth, hot enough to open pores but not hot enough to burn. Also in areas where there is thicker hair, using smaller strips is most likely to get the job done than trying to rip out 1/3 all in one go.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping I get better the more I do it, I have caused a few bruises this time tbh. Didn't get round to finishing pubes last night. Will try hot cloth too but defo using pain killers. My OH did the whole of the top part in one go, you know the thick dense hairs on the pubis, really made my eyes water!

PH I used honey wax for my legs and when I stirred it some overflowed and ran down the side of the tub so without even thinking I used my finger to wipe it and put it in my mouth (as you would with honey) it is nothing like honey.

My OH has waxed me every 2/3 months for the last 12 years at least, and it gets easier, quicker and much less painful as time goes on. I have just started to wax him and drew blood ! first time, second time I burnt him! but he says he wants to carry on! he says the pain is only brief. You need to use all the lotions and potions they recommend. We use GiGi Brazillian hard wax and a wax heater.

I've never successfully waxed my own nether regions, I always get either in such a mess I can't carry on, or I can't bring myself to do anymore :( Pain!