Sex before smear test

My OH has a smear test booked for the end of the afternoon but when we woke up this morning we didn’t think about it and made love as we usually do. Any one out there got any advice as to whether she should postpone it? Conflicting advice on the web about whether having recently had sex is a problem for the test.

Ring the clinic , they may be the best for advice on this

Every time I've booked a smear test, I was instructed to not have sex for a few days before getting tested. It's been in more than a handful of different clinics, and in two different countries. I would think there's a reason for that.

I agree with Deve&Debe, you should contact the clinic and ask them. You're far from the first couple who forgot, so don't worry about that. =)

Thanks for the replies. Anyway, she just went along and explained to the nurse, who said it wasn't really ideal "because of the presence of semen" but that it was best to do the test now before she gets pregnant. The nurse said she was trying for a baby as well so she understood how we didn't want to miss any chances! At least we'll know in future to refrain for a couple of days before a test, or at least do it with a condom.

I had a two-year run of six-monthly tests after having a dodgy result after sex. We'd used a condom but something about doing it triggered the abnormal cells recalls.

I suspect it was just a bit of blood as my period arrived early the next day and the sex may have caused some to come loose.

Good luck with the baby-making.