Sex during pregnancy

Hi everyone, looking for some tips for sex during pregnancy. My oh is nearly four months and sex had understandably slowed down. I would like to be more intimate but don't want to put pressure on if she isn't keen. Equally though I want her to know I still want to be intimate incase she feels that I might not want to. Anyone had similar situation and how was your sex drive ladies

I may not be the best person to advise, as I'm only in my first trimester. My partner and I haven't had sex at all since we found out I was pregnant (due to having a history of miscarriage) and probably won't attempt to until my second trimester. Not to mention, I feel so ill anyway that sex isn't top of my list!

Pregnancy really does put strain on a woman's body, and whilst some women become mega horny, it's completely natural for them to go the other way and become disinterested in sex. It could be for any number of reasons, perhaps physical changes, a new body image, aches/pains/discomfort, or emotional stress. It's also normal for women (and men) to go off sex because they're worried about hurting the baby.

If it's the bump stopping the grind then you could experiment with some new positions to make it more comfortable. Spooning, doggy style, and her on top are all supposed to be quite good. Likewise, you could suggest just oral or other forms of stimulation for a while if she doesn't fancy penetration (although the books I read recommend staying away from sex toys).

If all else fails, a fail safe way to keep the intimacy going is to provide plenty of cuddles and kisses, let her know how much you love and appreciate her, and try to increase physical contact in other ways. My partner and I aren't having any sexual activity as I feel too unwell, but we make sure that we hold hands or snuggle on the sofa, give each other cuddles and kisses, and continue showing intimacy towards each other. He's also been kind enough to give me a few massages, which are greatly appreciated :)

Hope this helps, congrats on your pregnancy xx

For me, my sex drive went through the roof when pregnant, it was more my husband not being keen on the idea of hurting baby etc that was the issue.

Try running her a nice warm bath, candles and give her a back rub in the bath, it may lead to something more but if not at least she will feel relaxed and looked after.

Little things like that make a big difference in pregnancy, as you're normally so busy worrying about baby etc that you don't make time for little things like that.
Just remember though that as women get towards the third trimester the tiredness of pregnancy really does kick in again and along with it come aches and pains from weight of baby, so it may just be that her body is tired.

Treat her like a queen, lots of baths and candles. Cuddles etc and im sure she will see how much you are making an effort to look after her and baby and that itself will probably make her more interested in being intimate :)

Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well x

Last time my wife was pregnant, now 16 years ago we were at it like rabbits. I found her really sexy and a big turn on. My wife was equally as turned on so pretty much everything went as normal, toys and anal included.

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

For me, my sex drive went through the roof when pregnant, it was more my husband not being keen on the idea of hurting baby etc that was the issue.

Try running her a nice warm bath, candles and give her a back rub in the bath, it may lead to something more but if not at least she will feel relaxed and looked after.

Little things like that make a big difference in pregnancy, as you're normally so busy worrying about baby etc that you don't make time for little things like that.
Just remember though that as women get towards the third trimester the tiredness of pregnancy really does kick in again and along with it come aches and pains from weight of baby, so it may just be that her body is tired.

Treat her like a queen, lots of baths and candles. Cuddles etc and im sure she will see how much you are making an effort to look after her and baby and that itself will probably make her more interested in being intimate :)

Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well x

+1

I had a pretty good pregnancy so felt pretty content, and that made my sex drive pretty good.

I still used some toys, as well as oral sex and vaginal sex. All were fine for me.

The needing to pee sensation was stronger at times, from the baby, but sickness didn't interfere too much. If I felt too tired we'd just cuddle instead. He didn't always feel like it anyway if he was tired.

agree with helping your OH relax and giving her plenty of back rubs, foot rubs and nice warm baths. The odd breakfast in bed wouldn't go astray either, if she can stomach it. 😉

Good luck with the pregnancy!

Boogaloo wrote:

I may not be the best person to advise, as I'm only in my first trimester. My partner and I haven't had sex at all since we found out I was pregnant (due to having a history of miscarriage) and probably won't attempt to until my second trimester. Not to mention, I feel so ill anyway that sex isn't top of my list!

Pregnancy really does put strain on a woman's body, and whilst some women become mega horny, it's completely natural for them to go the other way and become disinterested in sex. It could be for any number of reasons, perhaps physical changes, a new body image, aches/pains/discomfort, or emotional stress. It's also normal for women (and men) to go off sex because they're worried about hurting the baby.

If it's the bump stopping the grind then you could experiment with some new positions to make it more comfortable. Spooning, doggy style, and her on top are all supposed to be quite good. Likewise, you could suggest just oral or other forms of stimulation for a while if she doesn't fancy penetration (although the books I read recommend staying away from sex toys).

If all else fails, a fail safe way to keep the intimacy going is to provide plenty of cuddles and kisses, let her know how much you love and appreciate her, and try to increase physical contact in other ways. My partner and I aren't having any sexual activity as I feel too unwell, but we make sure that we hold hands or snuggle on the sofa, give each other cuddles and kisses, and continue showing intimacy towards each other. He's also been kind enough to give me a few massages, which are greatly appreciated :)

Hope this helps, congrats on your pregnancy xx

congratulations on your news boogaloo

Just to clear things up sex is totally fine all through pregnancy we had had a misscarrage before out sccond child and even had bleeding in the start of our pregnancy with our seccond we where told by doctors sex was fine and wouldnt harm the baby. the penis does not come any where near the baby due to the natural curve of the uterus and if we where going to miss carry it would be reguardless of wether we had sex or not. we even had anal during our seccond pregnancy find a position that if comfy i found spooning comfyest

also give her a back rub or foot massage as this will ease all her aches and pains while also creating an intimate moment for you both. p.s its safe to have sex until your partner losses her cervical plug. most midwives encourage it to start off labour during the last few weeks that said you have to have 2-3 sessions as it takes that ammount of sperm to get your horemones going. As long as you are both safe about how you have sex i found sex during pregnancy amazing and got turned on so easily!

i would make the most of it as when the baby comes its hard to fit it in with the sleepless nights and the tiredness.

Whilst somewhat early, I loved drinking my wifes milk, whilst breastfeeding the little one(not at the same time!) you should try if you're both OK with it, there's nothing wrong with it and baby won't go hungry.

i olso drank my wifes breast milk