Pregnancy sex

So, I've just found out I'm pregnant. Approximately 4 weeks.

My question is to the ladies.

How did you find sex while pregnant? I'm finding it feels SO incredible at the moment and wondered if it was due to the pregnancy? I didn't experience this with pervious pregnancy.

My other half cuts sex as I start to show, but if this is what it's going to be like now, I wanna keep it going lol

I loved sex when I was pregnant. It feel so much more intense

Sex when pregnant was amazing for me apart from in the last month, then I was just too huge and uncomfortable. Congratulations on your pregnancy. 😀

Agree sex while pregnant for me, was, well pretty awesome when I had the energy ^_^. It helped kill pain from my growing bump and keep my mind off worry. Plus it made me feel more connected to my partner.

Congratz on your pregnancy and good luck.

Congratulations :)

I'm 21 weeks, I keep hearing that sex during pregnancy is amazing, so I feel like a bit of a weirdo because it's not for me at all. Orgasms feel so weird and uncomfortable now, and I notice that my uterus tightens when I'm aroused which also feels horrible. Plus my baby likes to move around when I try to be intimate with my partner or masturbate and it kills the mood!

I definitely don't have the same sex drive as before, which is a shame. I literally have to make myself get in the mood, and even that doesn't make me very horny. I guess it can go either way during pregnancy, it's great that for you it's made things so much better! Embrace it and enjoy it while you can ;)

Thank you everyone xx what an exciting addition to sex.

Don't think I'll be indulging today though. Terrible hip pain!! Yay pregnancy!

My pregnancy ended today. Thanks for your replies anyway.

Im so sorry bumble bee xxx hugs xxxx

Thank you kitten x think I'm gonna take some time away for a bit. Regroup my thoughts

Take care, love to u n the family xx

I'm so sorry to hear that :( we're all here if you need support, I've been in the same situation and the Lovehoney community were amazing xxx

So, I went to urgent care last nightafter noticing a light bleed and felt pain. This was on appointment made by NHS 111. During this appointment, I was shown a negative pregnancy test (3 hours after I had taken a positive one) and I was told my pregnancy "hadn't taken" and I was no longer pregnant. I continued with symptoms, so went to the doctors this morning as I did not loose any more than a few pink shows and one fresh drop (Sorry. Tmi) and I wondered what I could expect or if I needed help to "move things along". I was asked to do another test, and it showed the strongest test line I've ever had.
Basically, after being told there was no hope and I was not pregnant, I am in fact still pregnant and my hcg is rising well.
As you can guess, I'm absolutely furious with the nurse last night telling me I had lost this baby. Especially with a history of miscarriage (which she knew).
Thank you ladies for the positivity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this pregnancy continues well and remains healthy.

I'm so pleased to hear that! I'm surprised they didn't do any blood work for you at your emergency appointment, that's usually how they confirm a miscarriage as hCG can still be present in the blood. Are you being closely monitored now?

There's varied opinions on this, but some doctors advise against any sexual activity in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy if you've had complications, such as a threatened miscarriage or bleeding. I didn't experience any bleeding this time round but we decided to abstain until after our 12 week scan due to my history of mc. Also, sex in itself can cause bleeding during pregnancy as the cervix is very sensitive, usually it won't harm the baby at all but it might give you peace of mind to avoid it for a while until things settle down. It's a personal decision though so do whatever you feel comfortable with :)

Best of luck with your pregnancy :) xx

I have my fingers firmly crossed for u, try and stay as calm as possible xxxx

After yesterday boo, I'm staying away from all sexy stuff until the second trimester. Just for peace of mind.

I just can't believe any of this happened. They did no blood work, even though I expected it. She even refused to send me to the early pregnancy unit because she said it was too early. She basically did a hcg test and that was it. I'm trying to remain calm and casual about it for mine and Jr's sake. But Im still angry xx

Thanks kitten. It's been such a roller-coaster ride this past two days xx

I think unfortunately the EPU often refuse women who are less than 5/6 weeks pregnant as not much can be seen on an ultrasound until then, early on you may be able to see a sac but nothing inside and that can panic expectant mothers even more. It is very hard though because if I were in your shoes I'd want to be thoroughly checked out too, and I do think that nurses and doctors are so used to miscarriages that they often don't treat them with much sensitivity these days. :(

(My post should have included threatened miscarriages too)

Huge hugs bumblebee... Xxx and I hope u have no more scares and a less stressful pregnancy! Xx 💋

Thanks everyone. I'd thought that too, boo, until my other half reminded me that the nurse felt it appropriate to tell me about her seven miscarriages, and how I was lucky I wasn't as far along as she had got. For a woman who understands the pain of a loss, she sure was heartless xx