Sex swing

I have been interested in getting a sex swing with my woman. It’s looks so amazing an I would like any advice or experiences anyone has had with one. I have seen over the door ones, hanging from ceiling, and free standing ones. Is it as great as I think ? :grin:

Hey @johntile824 and welcome to the forum :blush:

I can’t comment on a sex swing as I’ve never experienced one; but I’m sure some people here have and will be able to chip in!

Just a quick note, as your profile photo shows nipple, it will be removed because the forum has a no nipple policy. Thought I’d let you know so you can replace it yourself before then if you choose :blush: (feel free to blur/stick an emoji etc over it if that’s your preference :+1:t2:)

Thanks for the heads up :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m new on here an it’s really fun to hear others stories about things. I love to be about to ask questions an maybe give my 2 cents about things lol

1 Like

I’ve never tried one though would love to, it’s definitely a bucket list thing to try. From my research (and I’ve done quite a bit), the over the door ones, which budget and practical space would allow for (for us) don’t seem very good, straps generally too narrow for comfort and none of the free roaming, weightless, total giving up of control type thing.

For the swings, make sure the padding is good from a comfort point of view. The reviews on the three available on Lovehoney are quite good for this info and if you want free standing they all fit in the standard frame (although LH don’t sell this) but keep in mind, it’s huge, so you’ll need a lot of space if you want it free standing rather than ceiling hung!

I still have both the DOMINIX Deluxe and the Purple Reins in my wish list but to be honest, I think the option we’re more likely to go with is a stay at one of the dungeon hotels that have them to try out a proper luxury one as a one off.

3 Likes

I’m thinking a swing may be in store for us this year. Haven’t figured it out yet, but I guess I’ll count it a goal for the year. I’m not terribly handy, but I think I can manage finding a joist to mount a heaving ring. Just trying to figure where’s the best spot in our bedroom to hang it so it’s not so conspicuous. Not that we have a lot of folks wandering through our bedroom, but I’d rather not do something that prompts questions from the kids. I’ve considered maybe a spot that would also accommodate a hanging planter or something - could be a pain to move it every time we use it, but might be worth it for the cover story.

1 Like

I’ve thought of that idea, I’m really handy. I was thinking maybe I just hang a plant or something from the hook when I’m not using it

Way back when, we set up a small dungeon type room in an extra bedroom. It was small but it was fun. I spent really good money buying a top quality swing and we had a ball with it (no pun intended) for a couple months. Once the novelty wore off it became like a stationary bike clothes rack and we never really used it again. After a couple months we removed it and used the ceiling ring for spreader bars and suspension. My suggestion is go cheap on it and if you find it’s an on going thing then upgrade to top notch. Just a passing novelty for us.

That’s awesome. I have a hard time making sure my toys are put away when my kids come home, I can only imagine trying to explain what that hook is for​:rofl::rofl:

Easy. That is what we wire the top of the Christmas tree to. LOL We are empty nesters but do have family come home for Christmas and Canadian Thanksgiving.

1 Like

We’ve got one. It is used at times, but I wouldn’t say a lot. It is fun, and we do use it if my body gives out, as he has easy access to all my bits with it. Without that, we wouldn’t use it much at all.
The hook however, total game changer. We’ve got an older property, so we found some hooks that looked old, but still had modern weight testing etc, and we put several of them up. We use them for suspension, spreader bars etc, and so the hook gets used much more than the sex swing.
On the advice of an engineer we know, we have a piece of metal on top of the joists to spread the load of the hook across multiple joists. Was a bit of a faff to put them in, but spreading the load was, for us, an excellent idea. The last thing we wanted was to be worried about the load the hook would take.
So, if I were you, would I buy one? Absolutely. But put effort into the hook.

How do you use a ceiling hook with spreader bars ? I Just Got some an I can’t Imagine how that would work. I thought you just tired up hands, feet and neck in various ways with it.

With a bit of rope you can suspend the spreader bar from the ceiling for standing bondage play.

:grin: that will be a surprise idea. Good one! Thanks, our anniversary is coming up the 28th so maybe I’ll figure something out how to do it.

Always be careful where you hang them as they need good support or you could break the doorframe or ceiling :joy:

Talk about killing the mood :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’m trying to think of a way without a hook. I saw where I could anchor a bar in a hallway wall to wall kinda like a shower curtain rod but steel.

You can get a metal frame for some swings which I’d recommend :sweat_smile: less likely to damage any walls of ceilings that way :joy: