Sex + the mirena coil

Since getting together with my OH we have always used condoms despite me being on the pill or since december the mirena coil. I'm fine with this, my OH is over cautious when it comes to sex, he really doesn't want us to get pregnant before we're ready.

I know that we're running low on condoms and don't really want to buy any more when I know that we will be safe with my contraception.

The problem is, the OH is worried that he will be able to feel the strings of the mirena when he is inside me.

Do any men have experience of this and can they reassure him that this won't happen?

Thanks

1 Like

My wife has had the mirena coil for a few years now and I have to say it has been the best type of contraception we have ever used, we have never been a fan of condoms and we both enjoy the intimacy of me being able to cum inside without worrying, I have never felt the strings during intercourse so this has not been a problem at all, it has also stopped her periods completely so another big plus point as there is no dreaded week off now for us.