Sex Toy Modifications

Hi All,

I have not seen a thread like this so I thought I would start one. Have any of you lovely people adapted, changed or added to your toys to improve their performance/suit your body better? If so I am interested in what you've done, if you feel like sharing. I am sure that just like in the car world there are some keen modders out there!

Yes!

I have a penis sleeve that my partner really could not get on so we gave up on it for a while. I got curious and still wanted to use it so he slipped it over one of my glass dildos (the bigger one that is straight) and it feels ah-mazinngg! It's currently my favourite toy and nothing makes me feel anything like it. The sleeve has thick ribbed bits sticking out all over it and the glass dildo is firm so it doesn't bend. It's great because my partner can control the angle and everything and it's brought me the closest I've ever been to orgasming. It doesn't bend but it doesn't feel too stiff because the sleeve softens it out.

Don't think I'm ever going to take the sleeve off it as I never used the glass toy on it's own and the sleeve was useless to my partner as he's never managed to get it on the few times we've tried, even with a lot of lube.

KittenFeatures wrote:

Yes!

I have a penis sleeve that my partner really could not get on so we gave up on it for a while. I got curious and still wanted to use it so he slipped it over one of my glass dildos (the bigger one that is straight) and it feels ah-mazinngg! It's currently my favourite toy and nothing makes me feel anything like it. The sleeve has thick ribbed bits sticking out all over it and the glass dildo is firm so it doesn't bend. It's great because my partner can control the angle and everything and it's brought me the closest I've ever been to orgasming. It doesn't bend but it doesn't feel too stiff because the sleeve softens it out.

Don't think I'm ever going to take the sleeve off it as I never used the glass toy on it's own and the sleeve was useless to my partner as he's never managed to get it on the few times we've tried, even with a lot of lube.

Thanks Kitten, that was exactly the sort of thing I meant. I think we should all share our ideas as it actually could lead to developing some new toy ideas maybe. I for one have added a handle to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33561 using some plastic plumbing pipe and glue, as before it was too short to be able to hold on to properly. Just had to be careful to smooth the pipe's edge to ensure no uncomfortable experiences!

KittenFeatures wrote:

Yes!

This is such a genius idea! I'm not a fan of the knobbly bits on one of my glass toys, I may have to give this a try!

LittleLuce wrote:

This is such a genius idea! I'm not a fan of the knobbly bits on one of my glass toys, I may have to give this a try!

mf77 wrote:

Thanks Kitten, that was exactly the sort of thing I meant. I think we should all share our ideas as it actually could lead to developing some new toy ideas maybe. I for one have added a handle to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33561 using some plastic plumbing pipe and glue, as before it was too short to be able to hold on to properly. Just had to be careful to smooth the pipe's edge to ensure no uncomfortable experiences!

>:) Might have to use it for a 'design a sex toy' competition. o:< If anyone asks, it was my idea first. Hahah.

Saying that, I definitely think that there needs to be a toy designed that looks like my concotion and am now actually considering drawing something up as you guys said it's a good idea. I'd love to be able to outright buy one because it is absolutely the best 'toy' I own and we use it almost every time. I get closer and closer and I'm not lying when I say it feels incredible for me. 

KittenFeatures wrote:

LittleLuce wrote:

mf77 wrote:

>:) Might have to use it for a 'design a sex toy' competition. o:< If anyone asks, it was my idea first. Hahah.

Saying that, I definitely think that there needs to be a toy designed that looks like my concotion and am now actually considering drawing something up as you guys said it's a good idea. I'd love to be able to outright buy one because it is absolutely the best 'toy' I own and we use it almost every time. I get closer and closer and I'm not lying when I say it feels incredible for me.

Agreed, a purpose built toy would be easier to clean/use etc. In terms of manufacture could you make the core from plastic rather than glass or is the weight part of the fun? If so is metal an alternative?

mf77 wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

LittleLuce wrote:

mf77 wrote:

Agreed, a purpose built toy would be easier to clean/use etc. In terms of manufacture could you make the core from plastic rather than glass or is the weight part of the fun? If so is metal an alternative?

The weight is definitely part of the fun. I think it's perfect weight as it is and the feel of the glass handle is great. It's quite long, as it stands. On mine there's at least 6 inches of sleeve, which is great, and the handle is another two inches, as I bought the glass toy for it's length. Also, just to add because I like this feature of it, the handle of the dildo is glow in the dark. 8)

KittenFeatures wrote:

mf77 wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

LittleLuce wrote:

mf77 wrote:

The weight is definitely part of the fun. I think it's perfect weight as it is and the feel of the glass handle is great. It's quite long, as it stands. On mine there's at least 6 inches of sleeve, which is great, and the handle is another two inches, as I bought the glass toy for it's length. Also, just to add because I like this feature of it, the handle of the dildo is glow in the dark. 8)

Glow in the dark, that's as awesome as an awesome possum!

After getting a machine, I've adapted all my dildos (apart from the doubles and a large probe) to work with VacULock. It's given them a send life, the only downside is that I can't return them if they develop faults.

inquisitivetoyer wrote:

After getting a machine, I've adapted all my dildos (apart from the doubles and a large probe) to work with VacULock. It's given them a send life, the only downside is that I can't return them if they develop faults.

Can you tell us how you did this?

mf77 wrote:

Can you tell us how you did this?

I used a wood drill bit called an 'auger bit', it is the same diameter along it's length so doesn't wander around when you drill the hole (no pun intended!)

I will find out the size I used and post it later. You need to be a bit smaller in diameter than the vaculock plug for the suction to work.

I have an idea in my mind and am contemplating building a prototype from some of the things on site, if & when I do & if it works I'll share more...

MF77

The drill size you need is 19mm. Do not put pressure on the drill as it may compress the toy if it's soft.

inquisitivetoyer wrote:

MF77

The drill size you need is 19mm. Do not put pressure on the drill as it may compress the toy if it's soft.

Well done. Good guidance.

I have been thinking about the jiggle plugs like the http://www.lovehoney.com.au/product.cfm?p=32149. I had an idea to attach the metal ball inside to a line so it is hanging free just below the halfway mark. This way, the ball will jiggle around at the slightest movement.

That's a pretty good idea. How would you do it?

I would use a very sharp hobby knife to cut a a zig-zag line around the base near the stem. The hole would be large enough to all for the fine work. I would then seal the metal ball in a shrink-wrapped coating, which the line would be threaded through. This would be attached to the roof of the cup with a silicone sealant (though I suppose any kind of glue might work, depending on the weight of the ball). Then use a good quality silicone glue to reattach both halves back together.

In theory this might work, I don't have one of these specific toys to try it with. Might get one of the smaller cheaper ones so if it doesn't work, the loss would be minimal. Maybe one of the LoveHoney staff could see this, and create an actual toy from it? ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

For guys that like big toys the issue becomes that most toys are round but our bodies in that area are not, so I've had to modify some of mine by taking a bit off to make them oval in shape, trim bits off and flash polish the surface with a naked flame carefully.