sex toys in handheld luggage

I know that the question has arisen more than once, but I would like to know- maybe someone can help me. Is it allowed to take love balls and vibrating egg with remote control in handheld luggage? I'm travelling lightly, so no checked in bags...

They won't like the egg with remote. At the least you would be expected to take it out of your bag and you will probably need to turn it on and explain what it is.
It could be confiscated too.

I would stick with non-electric toys and even then expect some public embarrassment!

Depends where you are going?

Inside EU

The love balls should be fine as they're just kegel exercisers. Is the love egg battery operated? If so, remove those before travel and it should go through fine. I would place them inside a bag clearly labelled sex toys as that should answer any questions they may have for you :)

Out of curiosity and to save me asking this at a later time, can it really cause so much hassle if you have sex toys in hand luggage? I usually have checked bags when I fly and last time I took anything away it was a tiny external vibrator which could easily have ended up in my hand luggage by mistake.

^ It depends on the airport and the destination of your journey I think. They can be quite strict with batteries and things like that which is why they should be removed prior to being packed.

If you're going to a place like the Middle East then they can be confiscated and you can get into serious trouble. The best advice is to simply check the countries rulings on toys/adult products beforehand.

Hi, we've taken items away with us while travelling however it depends on where travelling to etc, certain countries, certain rules. I would suggest you take batteries out or buy new ones at destination, two other things are are you willing to have them confiscated or the embarrassment of a full luggage or body search!

Hi, we've taken items away with us while travelling however it depends on where travelling to etc, certain countries, certain rules. I would suggest you take batteries out or buy new ones at destination, two other things are are you willing to have them confiscated or the embarrassment of a full luggage or body search!

Yeah I know some countries it's a no go on taking them so I'd check as some of mine are Lelo toys so confiscation would be rather expensive and they'd stay at home if there was that risk.

Why dont you get some items that can pass inspection as innocuous but have a dual function?

Im thinking electric toothbrush, or belts with extra buckle holes which can be made smaller, spare leather shoelaces, etc?

This might be a good thread to start, as im sure creative ideas exist

Years ago (maybe '99) I had quite a large old school vibrator in my hand luggage. I didn't think twice about it but I got a big grin and a wink from the security gaurd who scanned it.

PS, I'm male and it was a gift for my girlfriend at the time.

I travel quite a lot at the moment - and here's by 50cents.

Dont go through security with these inside you - they will get really pissy with you. I know you are travelling through EU, but if you ever were travelling to the US FORGET IT.

Just put them in your check luggage.

Take the batteries out and put them in a black bag clearly labelled sex toys - so if you do get pulled aside they will know to be subtle about it. (thats a great idea whoever said that last)

Finally - OWN IT! If you do get pulled, be a strong independant woman and be like, Yeah - I have sex toys. DEAL WITH IT!

Alistoy: What a great idea!

Glass will not show up on scanner. Try a glass butt plug! I reviewed the Icicle no.47 (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31110) Its good but I wouldnt wear it a long time as the flange is kinda tough on the pelvic bone. Maybe something like: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25812 as it has a smaller flange.